League of Legends Newest Champion, Bard, Rewards You For Roaming

tokae

Mar 21, 2011
Frankster said:
This champ looks to me like he should be a jungler rather then a support.

At least that's what I'll be trying to use him as when he gets released xP Look forward to me ruining pub games in a queue near you!
I thought of Bard as a jungler as well until I saw a couple of hours worth of gameplay on NightBloo-stream. Bard simply does not have the damage output to be a viable jungle. His clear times are abyssmal and an easy target for early counter-jungling.

Comic Sans

DOWN YOU GO!
Oct 15, 2008
Country
United States
I dropped LoL like the bad habit it was a long time ago, but unless things have changed a lot, how is a roaming support a good thing for LoL lane composition? Unless the carry has an amazingly reliable escape mechanism that could be used repeatedly, the second the enemy team realizes Bard is gone they will jump all over that lone carry. Part of the point of a jungler is that someone can roam to areas that need it without leaving any lane open to being pushed or harassed. The spammy nature of spells in the game means that the heroes could sit by creep line and the hero Bard left solo would get nothing done since approaching for a last hit would lead to them getting their teeth kicked in. Again, it's quite possible that things are different these days and roaming is fine. But the mechanics of LoL never seemed to be friendly to it.

As far as the hero himself goes, not overly impressed. The portal spell is cool, that's about it. Pretty bland hero otherwise.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Comic Sans said:
I dropped LoL like the bad habit it was a long time ago, but unless things have changed a lot, how is a roaming support a good thing for LoL lane composition? Unless the carry has an amazingly reliable escape mechanism that could be used repeatedly, the second the enemy team realizes Bard is gone they will jump all over that lone carry. Part of the point of a jungler is that someone can roam to areas that need it without leaving any lane open to being pushed or harassed. The spammy nature of spells in the game means that the heroes could sit by creep line and the hero Bard left solo would get nothing done since approaching for a last hit would lead to them getting their teeth kicked in. Again, it's quite possible that things are different these days and roaming is fine. But the mechanics of LoL never seemed to be friendly to it.

As far as the hero himself goes, not overly impressed. The portal spell is cool, that's about it. Pretty bland hero otherwise.
say the jungler died at top lane and mid needs help? don't see why bard couldn't go up there to give a helping hand.

Maybe taking teleport with him might be a viable thing. then he can teleport to a lane in trouble, help get a kill or 2, recall and be back before the ADC gets killed xD

Tbf though it means the ADC's will need to be a lot more careful, or the ones who have a bard helping them anyway.