Least Favourite Celebrity

Scarecrow1001

Jun 27, 2011
The question is pretty simple, who is your least favourite celebrity? You don't have to hate them but it helps!
Personally, mine is Michael Jackson. I don't enjoy his music at all, I hated his public persona of weird and creepy, and people who love him annoy me.
So Escapist, who is yours?

Talshere

Jan 27, 2010
Scarecrow1001 said:
The question is pretty simple, who is your least favourite celebrity? You don't have to hate them but it helps!
Personally, mine is Michael Jackson. I don't enjoy his music at all, I hated his public persona of weird and creepy, and people who love him annoy me.
So Escapist, who is yours?
You dont like ANY of his work? None of it. Even young black MJ, Jackson 5 MJ? The man has literally hundreds of songs under his belt crossing half the genres ever invented. I doubt youve listened to all of it because I doubt you could hate ALL of it unless you actively went in with a closed mind.

I admit his later life persona was a little odd. Then again he had such a bizarre life it hard for most of us to judge him. By the age of 10 his personal wealth was larger than most peoples combine life earning. He probably never paid a bill in his life.

As for who I dislike. There are literally to many shallow pointless celebrities for me to even begin to list them.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Justin Bieber. There are a lot of bad musicians out there, but his drunk driving was something you just don't do. Expecially not when so many teens look up to you.

Scarecrow1001

Jun 27, 2011
Talshere said:
Scarecrow1001 said:
You dont like ANY of his work? None of it. Even young black MJ, Jackson 5 MJ? The man has literally hundreds of songs under his belt crossing half the genres ever invented. I doubt youve listened to all of it because I doubt you could hate ALL of it unless you actively went in with a closed mind.
Why do people jump to defend him? No, I've not listened to all of his stuff, as I don't actively search for him. But no, I don't like Jackson 5, or really any of what I have heard.

Talshere

Jan 27, 2010
Scarecrow1001 said:
Talshere said:
Scarecrow1001 said:
Why do people jump to defend him? No, I've not listened to all of his stuff, as I don't actively search for him. But no, I don't like Jackson 5, or really any of what I have heard.
People jump to defend him for all the reason Ive just listed. If you like music, at all, chances are you like at least one genre he has a song in. Most musicians today will list MJ as one of the people who inspired their music.

Unless you exclusively listen to either classical or the crap side of rap like 50 cent. Its virtually impossible to not like at least one of his songs.

Scarecrow1001

Jun 27, 2011
Talshere said:
Scarecrow1001 said:
Talshere said:
Scarecrow1001 said:
People jump to defend him for all the reason Ive just listed. If you like music, at all, chances are you like at least one genre he has a song in. Most musicians today will list MJ as one of the people who inspired their music.

Unless you exclusively listen to either classical or the crap side of rap like 50 cent. Its virtually impossible to not like at least one of his songs.
I listen to mainly Alternative stuff, mainly 2000's stuff, or older rock, post Sex Pistols, or acoustic stuff. I haven't heard in any genre I listen to any Michael Jackson song. I am failing to see how it is impossible to not like Michael Jackson. There are lots of species of Ants, but people don't have to like them.

Kitsune Hunter

What a beautiful Duwang!
Dec 18, 2011
Hard to say who would be my least favourite celebrity, considering for the most part I think they're all vain, talentless twats which confuses me to how they became famous in the first place. But off track rant aside, I would say the entire cast of TOWIE, Jersey Shore, Geordie Shore, Made in Chelsea etc. It goes without saying that reality TV celebrities are the ones I hate the most

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
I don't really have a least favorite. I don't follow celebrities enough to really know enough about them to hate them, largely due to the fact that no matter how much I appreciate their work, I really don't care at all about their private lives. For the most part, they'll range from average people who just happen to be famous to absolute idiots that are painful to follow.

Happiness Assassin

Oct 11, 2012
Anyone who got famous via reality show, though I am not sure those even count as celebrities in the strictest sense. Basically if you are famous because of the likes of E!, TLC, or any of that "lets watch these people force drama out of fucking mundane situations" kind of TV shows.

viscomica

Aug 6, 2013
I'm going to be really unoriginal, but Kanye West, Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus are probably on my top five most annoying celebrities. Also the Kardashians (but I don't really consider them real celebrities). On the Michael Jackson discussion: I don't like him either but I do acknowledge he inspired a lot of people. But c'mon, the Beatles music kind of beats the crap out of Michael's anytime. You know it! :D

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Probably Tom Cruise, just to be somewhat original. Nothing against his acting most of the time, he plays one character and movies keep casting it, but being the banner man for scientology made it a lot more popular than it ever should have been and in all likelihood, fucked up a lot of lives.

Also not too hard on reality TV 'celebrities'. Most of the time they don't go in realising how scripted it is.

rasputin0009

Feb 12, 2013
People who say they don't like any of Michael Jackson's music are lying to themselves. Simple as that.

My least favourite celebrity would probably be everybody's go-to: Justin Bieber. The kid seems to douche it up publicly more than anybody else. He's probably the only person I'd hope for to be found in a hotel room overdosed on narcotics.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Honestly I have no idea. I'm way out of touch with your usual pop culture music stuff, though I don't plan to go out of my way to change that until something good comes along. Guess i'll go for Beibs cuz he's a proper **** in person now as well as having shitty music.

I was never one for MJ either, might as well add my thoughts since this is spiraling down heavily into the first proper Flame War i've seen on here for a while.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
There's something that simply rubs me the wrong way about RDJ. Not that it'd stop me from liking a movie he stars in if it's good, but for some reason, whenever he pops up, I cringe a little. I'm not sure why, it just happens.