Least satisfying kill ever?

suhlEap

Apr 14, 2009
some of the older fps games now seem incredibly poor when killing people, but i think this is just in comparison to what you get now... exploding heads and such. there's something incredibly unsatisfying about shooting someone and getting a tiny cloud of red mist...

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
Gears of War 2 final boss. And how come so many people list the final bosses from supposedly good games? It sounds like developers forgot how to make a final boss.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Killerabbit said:
When I got "soldier of fortune 2" and found I COULD NOT BLOW PEOPLES LEGS OFF :'(

I was so sad I had to switch to solderer of fortune 1 and kill a lot of people.
Yeah you could, only in multiplayer though, because SoF got banned for a while they made the single player "dumb" down in terms of gore.

Multiplayer had all sorts going on.

Ghost

Spoony old Bard
Feb 13, 2009
the guy at the end of goldeneye on the n64. can't remember his name lol

rayman 101

Jun 7, 2008
The final boss from Gears 2. I was like:
"That's it? The game finsihes after that easy anti-climatic piece of shit fight?"
Also, wants you've upgraded all the weapons do the max in challenge mode in Ratchet & Clank 2, boss fights end in the blink of an eye.

Nossy

Jul 18, 2008
miracleofsound said:
Nossy said:
Lucien in Fable 2.

Most unsatisfying and un-epic kill ever.
This moment of gaming excretion is going to clog this thread
I'm sorry, but that was so unsatisfying it satisfies me to see people agreeing with me.

bobayoga

Apr 18, 2009
Lavos, at the end of Chrono Trigger, was pretty easy in my opinion. For a final boss, that is.

Feb 6, 2009
Thediscoducky said:
The final boss in Super Mario Galaxy. Granted, his level was amazing but Bowser (if you were surprised at that, you suck) was the same as all the other times Mario kicked him ass.
This.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Nossy said:
miracleofsound said:
Nossy said:
Lucien in Fable 2.

Most unsatisfying and un-epic kill ever.
This moment of gaming excretion is going to clog this thread
I'm sorry, but that was so unsatisfying it satisfies me to see people agreeing with me.
Don't be sorry... we're all here to help you through the difficult time we all have after that complete kick n the nuts.

Not being able to se Cln Autumn's gear was quite the anticlimax also.

Nostalgia

Mar 8, 2009
Killing everyone in BGs on the day Ret Paladins were overpowered when 3.0 launched.

Oh, no. Wait. That was amazing.

pirateninj4 said:
Well if no one else is gonna say it I will...end boss/bosses of Final Fantasy X-2. All the drama leading up to the easiest boss kills in a JRPG. Begin mocking...now.
I don't even think I did anything during all that. Casted Berserk and watched my trained Berserkers win it for me.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Okay, imagine a scene. The overseer's men are after you in Fallout 3, you leave your room, and see the security officer fighting radroaches. You aim with your pistol, and miss a few times, but eventually kill all radroaches but one. The radroach then jumps up, and kills the security officer. WTF ROACH. YOU STOLE MY KILL >:

But personal kill, has to be walking through mudcrabs in Oblivion. It's just *thwack, kill* *thwack, kill* *thwack, kill*

Xearo_Disaster

Apr 17, 2009
The Colonel in Fallout 3 at the end. Him and his crones weren't anywhere near half a match for me and Fawkes; he was about 10 seconds and a conversation in the way of me and the end.

Cesasse

Apr 18, 2009
I could probably state a list, but for now I'm simply gonna go with the final boss from Crysis. This is a fight that -should- have been awesome, but simply didn't manage it.
1) You're on a burning aircraft carrier
2) You're shooting NUKES AT THE DAMN THING
3) Its supposedly about to destroy the ship with you on it.

But unfortunately it didn't It was like this amazingly tense scene was about to develop, like the game was about to throw something interesting my way... then I realised it takes something like six shots to win, and then... CREDITS ROLL.

...Wait, where was the amazingly tense part going? No-where. The ship is still burning, and now it has an alien battleship crashing into it. You didn't destroy the species or even fend them off. Humanity is going to die regardless of your heroic/interesting/bored actions.

SICK0_ZER0 said:
the guy at the end of goldeneye on the n64. can't remember his name lol
Trevalyan's fight was meant to be true to the climax of the film which I assume is trying to be true to the climax of the book. Unfortunately it didn't translate well, I'll agree. So I went back to Train and said "There, that's my sufficiently interesting ending."

TheRockNRolla

Apr 9, 2009
Da_Schwartz said:
The end of fallout3 hands down winner. Oh btw thanks for the semi-badass trench coat that i can wear for all of 5 seconds.
That's why you wait until Broken Steel, beat that quest, take his trenchcoat, and play the brand new quest they used to re-write the ending.

Siris

Everyone's Favorite Transvestite
Jan 15, 2009
The final boss of Uncharted ((Edit: His name's Navaro) because it's nothing but quicktime events. And only six of them, and they aren't even challanging. And after the bloody mess of firefights it takes to get to him...

T-Bone24

Dec 29, 2008
The final boss in Dead Space is *TEH SPOILARZ* epic fail. It's a gigantic anus with teeth and glowing hemorrhoids around it. You shoot the hemorrhoids while avoiding a weak tentacle slam that drops at the speeed of moss. Ooooh.... scary. Almost impossible to die and when it grabs you, it gives you 5 minutes to shoot the remaining hemorrhoids before it eats you. That's plenty of time. And the worst thing is, when it kills you while it's grabbing you it's the most horrific part of the game. You have to wait out of your own free will to make it scary.