Leave me alone PC gamers!

VeneratedWulfen93

Oct 3, 2011
This is just something I've been getting alot of for about a year now.

I never noticed PC gaming was at this level until a year or so ago. I new it was there but I thought consoles was where it was at because I only used my PC for RTS games. However the gap between consoles and PC gets bigger as time goes on and more people switch to PC gaming. Damn right shame too, means no-one will buy the next gen of consoles.

Anyway the point is I feel like I've got this army of PC gamers bashing my xbox now. Everywhere I look PC gamers always seem to do their gosh damn hardest to make people realise what a 'poor' gaming choice consoles are. I'm constantly reminded about my horrible system, over-priced games, dated tech and such. Sorry but I don't have the time to join the superior beings that are PC gamers. My home PC is downstairs and I'd have to build one myself...which isn't gonna happen because I play 40k and that is ridiculously expensive.

Yes I know the PC is the better platform, I have for years, I don't need to be reminded by stupid comments on youtube videos that say "I can't take Roosterteeth seriously when they play on console" and such. Every forum, site and such I visit advocates PC gaming and makes it seem like consoles are the reason for everything bad in the industry.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I feel the gaming community is against me, that somehow me owning a console makes me a stupid or bad person who isn't a gamer and I should be constantly reminded of my systems failures. Is that the plan? Beat down console gamers until they can't take it and buy PC?

Does anyone feel the same? (likely its a majority of PC gamers on this site)
Does anyone completely and utterly disagree with me?
This isn't an angry rant just an observation that ticks me off a little.

Keoul

Apr 4, 2010
Well you know PC is better what with being to slowly upgrade it at your leisure.

But really it's your choice, don't get ticked off or anything over someone else's opinion, if they're being stupid just ignore them, even more so if it's from youtube comments (cause honestly they're the least sensible or accurate comments). If you want to play console then play on the console.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
They're just being cunts, ignore them.
Besides, people will still buy the new consoles, some of the stuff that "true PC gamers" hate is the reason why consoles are so popular.

Sanat

Apr 7, 2012
Jeez, I wonder WHY they bash you so very hard about having a seriously inferior, overpriced, inconvenient, technologically obsolete and locked down system.

And just so that you're aware, if you're not already:
Consoles are the cause for all the bad things in the industry. Not for the industry mind you, but in the industry. What we game-playing folk want.

TL;DR: Fuck consoles.

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
The irony being the next gen consoles from Microsoft and Sony will be more PC like than ever.

But who can blame developers for wanting a standardised platform to develop for?

Not me, I will always use my PC for gaming because it's my thing, customised how I want it, but that doesn't mean it's easier or default "better"

Spade Lead

Nov 9, 2009
I would NEVER play an RTS on a console, excepting Future War, which uses my bluetooth headset to issue commands (And don't I feel like a badass telling Tank A to engage enemy unit 1...). Then again, I used to ONLY play Rainbow Six on PC, too... Now I do all my shooting and driving on my PS3, and leave my laptop for watching TV, emulators and facebook. If I had to choose between gaming on my PS or my laptop, I would take my PS3 and Gran Turismo 5 or whatever Flying Game du jour is out over Sins of a Solar Empire (really the only game I play on my laptop that isn't an emulator). Also, Rainbow Six Patriots will still run on my PS3, not sure my two year old laptop is UP to pushing it as HD as I would want to run the graphics. (4 gigs of RAM isn't bad, but I doubt R6:p will be optimized for a triple core processor, and that means I am really running just short of 3 gigs of RAM on the two cores.)

Personally, until there is a way to get a 32+ inch HD screen to compress into a carryable size and weight, Console gaming is invincible. There will always be guys like me who think True HD on a 60" TV is better than Semi-HD gaming on a 17" Screen. (My laptop does 1080p, but if my graphics settings have to be reduced to prevent lag, I am not running true HD, am I?)

Besides, it was just two years ago that "PC Gaming was dying!"

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
Ignore the PC elitists. So what, it's your choice to play on a console, and you shouldn't be criticised, it's just as valid as PC gaming - also, stop deferring to PC gamers, it doesn't make you in any way an inferior gamer. I have both a PC and a console or two, though I mostly play PC now I was a heavy console gamer for a good while. I'd prefer to be able to play all my games on PC nowadays to be honest, because I like the benefits of modding and having my games all in one place. Buut that would be putting all my eggs in one basket.

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
VeneratedWulfen93 said:
You could always be truthful and tell them your just using a Pentium 3-450 stuffed in a plastic box by Microsoft. Seeing as that is roughly what it is. Computers are computers, weather it plugs into your TV or requires a monitor. They are all following a set of instructions through code. And games are games, weather they are on a pc, console, phone, or glued to sheets of cardboard.

Don't get angry every time you see stupid people, you'll spend your entire life angry.

Dec 14, 2009
Sanat said:
Jeez, I wonder WHY they bash you so very hard about having a seriously inferior, overpriced, inconvenient, technologically obsolete and locked down system.

And just so that you're aware, if you're not already:
Consoles are the cause for all the bad things in the industry. Not for the industry mind you, but in the industry. What we game-playing folk want.

TL;DR: Fuck consoles.
Gotta love it when someone comes along and proves the OP's point.

It's so very delicious.

OT: As with every following, there are extremists, so to say. Just ignore them.

Uncreation

Aug 4, 2009
To be hoest, i think that was just your perception of things. I mean, the fact that consoles were more widely used in gaming than PCs. I get the impression that in the US that is true, or at least it was true not too long ago. But in other places it's different. Where i live, consoles were almost unheard of until a few years ago, and even now, they are quite rare compared to PCs.
When i was a kid, back 10-15 years ago, there were almost no consoles to speak of. I think the gaming comunity here was over 90% PC gamers. Hell, it was probably over 95% PC gamers, maybe even like 98-99%. So i am not surprised by that, because where i'm from it has ALWAYS been like that.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
What you have gazed your eyes upon OP, is the increasingly common PC elitist. It tends to (but not always) hunt down the console player in packs by using a variety of methods to wear down it's prey such as "CONSOLE FAGET" and "CONSOLETARD LOLOLOLOL". This tends to provoke a response from the prey, leaving it open to elitist attack. However, there is one surefire way to avoid this irritating beast, and that is to ignore it. While this may, in turn, cause the elitist to become even angrier in the short term and spew out more insults, if ignoring it is kept up, the elitist then leaves it's prey alone, and on occasion, explodes, due to bottled up rage.

[sub] What did you guys think of my David Attenborough impression then? =P[/sub]

So just ignore them, OP.

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
Oh, how I longed for a gaming PC yesterday when I was having an all-out Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Tournament with a bunch of friends, sitting on the couch, playing in teams of four.
We genuinely believed that we had fun, until we realized that we were playing on a console, which made us throw down our controllers in disgust. How could we have thought that offline-4-player could actually be "fun" or "engaging"...

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
fuck the trolls man, they are just winding you up. The elitists are dicks and only they can't see it. I game on a Mac, DSi and Wii. Do people tell me other things are better? Yes they do. I tell them I enjoy my games and go on my way.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
Some people are just pricks. I got told to go die in a fire for having an Xbox360 no less than 8 times over the last academic year. Not like I have a giant gaming PC immediately next to it or anything, but apparently I'm supporting the harmful notion that consoles have any place in the world of gaming.

The trick is to be all like

Petromir

Apr 10, 2010
The major problem with this thread is it completely ignores the fact that the reverse happens as well. Nearly mentioning the PC in a positive light can get you dammed as an evil PC elitist.

Exclusives and ease of use and hardware costs are major strengths of the consoles, just about every other part of the experience can be exceeded or equalled by a PC.

The reason you often find that the PC crowd being more vocal is the occasions where the PC version appears hamstrung by the development of the game for the consoles 1st. So many poor menus on the PC can be traced to lack of effort in development and giving the PC a console style menu only. It's harder to trace flaws the other way.

All that said I can never understand people hating on people for their platform choice. As long as your gaming choice is enjoyable for someone that's fine. As long as your platform has enough players and your mates share the platform then other people's choice of platform shouldn't matter to you. Players aren't responsible for lazy developers, so don't blame them.

CleverNickname

Sep 19, 2010
hazabaza1 said:
They're just being cunts, ignore them.
As a proud PC gamer who hasn't owned a console since the SNES and who hates the XBox with a passion...
...I couldn't agree more. Because above all I hate stupid people, and good god the internet is full of them, on both sides. On all sides. Even on sides that don't even exist!

There are many good reasons to favour the PC, but I wish the idiots among PC gamers would stop ruining our perfectly valid arguments by being, well, cunts. Worse, sometimes they're not even wrong, but being "right" doesn't count for much when you got there by being a douchbag.

And OP sounds like people get "mad" at him just for having an XBox. I hate that thing, but I wouldn't say much of anything to anyone just for having one. What, have I skipped the part in PC games' EULAs where it says "by agreeing to this EULA, you agree to cease being a decent human fucking being"?

It's one thing to have a light argument about platform merits when console people say something stupid (which isn't exactly unheard of, either). Or to throw out a comment on youtuube, because fuck it, it's just youtube, about how painful it is to watch a good game (mostly shooters, if anyone still remembers good shooters) on those horrible console control schemes (I've seen bucket wheel excavators turn more gracefully than console FPS players, augh!).

But even if it's the console I hate most, or it's the worst version of a game, or some of the business bullshit they have to put up with... why does it fucking matter? Let these people play their games in peace. The more gamers, the merrier. I love gamers.

I love you, OP. What's your favourite game? Hope you like whatever game you buy next for your (stupid :D) XBox.