Left 4 Dead: Arcade Edition's Four New Japanese Survivors Revealed

Blacklight28

Nov 27, 2013
"RUN and SHOT" That got a chuckle out of me. I'm really not a fan of the super high pitched female voices, but I must admit that the thought of a schoolgirl mowing down hordes upon hordes of infected is somewhat amusing.

Also looks like its been censored like it was in Australia. I don't know what kind of censorship they have over in Japan, but I was very disappointed by the Australian release. The feedback from getting a kill is surprisingly important in L4D.

MrMan999

Oct 25, 2011
Aw man, I kind of hoped that they would be fighting through Japanese cities and locations. I mean how cool would it be to fight through Tokyo or a Rural Japanese town.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
So the school girl still chooses to wear her uniform while on vacation?

Oh Japan, you silly goose.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
zombiejoe said:
So, being an arcade game, how does the gameplay differ?
Considering it's basically a 1:1 copy of L4D2... not in any way. They seem to literally just replaced the characters and called it a day.

Apr 28, 2008
008Zulu said:
Darks63 said:
Why am i not surprised that at least one of the characters had to be a schoolgirl complete with the schoolgirl outfit.
Dude, it's Japan. I will be surprised if there are no tentacle monsters.
Wouldn't the Smoker kind of count as a tentacle monster?

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
008Zulu said:
Darks63 said:
Why am i not surprised that at least one of the characters had to be a schoolgirl complete with the schoolgirl outfit.
Dude, it's Japan. I will be surprised if there are no tentacle monsters.
You watch those are special zombie types later in the game and their tentacles are in their mouth like those RE4 zeds.
Programmed_For_Damage said:
Darks63 said:
Who's all breathless and moan-y. Kind of adds to the creep factor, but in the wrong sort of way.
Combined with my response to Zulu's post yours takes the creep factor to another level :)

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
Gearhead mk2 said:
I'm just gonna step in and pre-emptively shush anyone who makes a joke about the schoolgirl and the Smoker.
Damn you. It was the one reason I tried to make a comment.

In all seriousness, as a bit of an anime fan, I do have a bit of a guilty pleasure for these design choices. I wouldn't mind playing L4D with these characters.

balladbird

Master of Lancer
Legacy
Jan 25, 2012
Country
United States
SupahGamuh said:
What an incredibly generic cast.

I mean, the original survivors were already pretty generic, but I guess I kinda got used to them and, well, they had some pretty defined personalities, especially the L4D2 cast.

This one... good grief, I didn't know japanese liked generic people on their games, wich kinda contradicts the fact that most people like generic dudes here too...

AARRRGGGHHHH!!!!, I don't know what else to say! >.<'
Don't you think you're being a little hasty? You even admit that the original survivors were pretty generic, but you got used to them, and enjoyed their personalities (which were conveyed through playing the game, not a one-sentence summary on a website)

given your experience, I should think you wouldn't be so quick to judge... much less so passionately... a character roster you haven't even experienced yet.

Korzack

Apr 28, 2010
H-uh, didn't know arcade machines were still a big thing in Japan. Still, the more you know, I guess. Still, I guess adding co-op light-guns to left 4 dead would be a sweet day to refresh the whole setup, if only for half an hour or so.