Left 4 Dead Pc

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
DK412 said:
DM. said:
That's the message it gives pirates.

Not just any pirates, the ones who are terrible at it.

So go away Terrible Pirate.
I love how i come here for help, and I get called a pirate, a troll, a number of other things.
No I bought it from a game shop, its retail.

But thanks for your helpful helpful comment?
heeelllooooooo!

TELL US WHAT IT SAYS

We aren't psychic. You're trying to solve a specific problem, by giving us vague information?

I'm just gonna piss in the wind and hope I hit something but:

check your firewall

check for a steam update

DK412

Feb 2, 2009
left4dead.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might lost.

Please tell Microsoft about this problem
We have created an error report that you can send to us. We will treat this report as confidential and anonymous.

To see what data this error report contains, click here.

This error report includes: information regarding the condition of left4dead when the problem occurred; the operation system version and computer hardware in use; your Digital Product ID, which could be used to identify your license; and the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer.

I don't know if thats useful at all?

arc101

May 24, 2009
well that sucks... u tried outting it into notepad and finding if it has a corrupt file?

arc101

May 24, 2009
DK412 said:
arc101 said:
well that sucks... u tried outting it into notepad and finding if it has a corrupt file?
Nah, I'm not entirely sure how to do that..loll
open the game into a notepad document, and (the chances that you will succeed are tiny but hey ho) then sift through all the programing and you might find an error symbol.

Insomniac Gamer

May 23, 2009
arc101 said:
DK412 said:
arc101 said:
open the game into a notepad document, and (the chances that you will succeed are tiny but hey ho) then sift through all the programing and you might find an error symbol.
That's assuming he has any knowledge of programming languages at all. To find an error in a monumental program like L4D will take a while even for the dev's.

DM.

Mar 27, 2009
DK412 said:
left4dead.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might lost.

Please tell Microsoft about this problem
We have created an error report that you can send to us. We will treat this report as confidential and anonymous.

To see what data this error report contains, click here.

This error report includes: information regarding the condition of left4dead when the problem occurred; the operation system version and computer hardware in use; your Digital Product ID, which could be used to identify your license; and the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer.

I don't know if thats useful at all?
Should of said that in the first place.

errors like this are always one or a combination of 3 things.

1. Hardware doesn't like left 4 dead.
2. Bad install/corrupt file/corrupt disk
3. Software like the OS or something else that is running hates left 4 dead.

arc101

May 24, 2009
Insomniac Gamer said:
arc101 said:
DK412 said:
arc101 said:
That's assuming he has any knowledge of programming languages at all. To find an error in a monumental program like L4D will take a while even for the dev's.
well now we know its a software fault, and he doesnt need to look at the programming no more. but thanks all the same. =]

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
StarStruckStrumpets said:
Is Left 4 Dead worth the buy? I was going to get it yesterday but we left town before I could make up my mind...
Yes. But don't hijack threads, people really don't like it.

DK412

Feb 2, 2009
What sort of steps could i take, preferably the easier stuff to do first, to find the problem and fix it?

thanks again

DK412

Feb 2, 2009
Oh, and also, I've played it for about a week, with no like lag or trouble and then it just hit a couple of days ago

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
OR JUST VISIT STEAM FORUMS.

Seriously, it's more likely someone will know the answer over there.

Insomniac Gamer

May 23, 2009
Darkness62 said:
DK412 said:
Oh, and also, I've played it for about a week, with no like lag or trouble and then it just hit a couple of days ago
So it did work, what changed on your system a couple of days ago? Did you add any new hardware or software? Did you change or update any drivers? Are there any problems with other games? Are there any other general problems on the system? Still might help to have system specs as well, and the OS you are using.
Yeah more than likely you added a peice of software the L4D doesn't like. It's very rare for drivers to cause anything.

Fill this in please.

CPU:
RAM:
HD:
GPU:
MOBO:

Insomniac Gamer

May 23, 2009
Darkness62 said:
Insomniac Gamer said:
Yeah more than likely you added a peice of software the L4D doesn't like. It's very rare for drivers to cause anything.
Yes to the OP filling out the item below, but please ignore the above as it is nonsense. Drivers are a major cause of many problems with PC games, video drivers being the main culprit. Damn that above comment nearly made by spit my beverage all over my screen... s**t. After years of tech support and now corporate IT drivers is one of the first things to look at when having an issue, well that and U@K, and ID 10 T errors.

P.S. software doesn't have feelings you can hurt, it does however have compatibility issues.
Well I've never had much driver problems with games. Ever. Every problem I've had has been caused by some sort of software not drivers. Suppose I'm just lucky then?

OP get back to us with the configuration of your computer please.