Lego Universe Has Immense Levels of Phallus Protection

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
mjc0961 said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Is there anything inherently wrong with showing parts of the body? This seems to be America's UBER-FEAR of the moment. Not something as simple as Terrorist nukes, but Katy Perry jiggling with Elmo and now "A KID MIGHT SEE A LEGO PENIS!"

Won't the modders just create a vagina or anus instead?
To be fair, Elmo deserves better than that.

hansari said:
This looks like a challenge for a 4chan.

...im making a prediction, yes.
Ooh fun! Well, not for the people who have to go through the submitted things, but the thought of a room full of people going through the submissions constantly denying thousands of penises all day while not being able to get to any of the legit submissions before clocking out for the day made the evil bastard in me chuckle.
Hahahahah, that IS a funny mental image.

"So, what do you do for a job?"

"I....cencor Lego penises"

"...."

Deleted

Jul 25, 2009
You can't stop a game from being trolled, its impossible.

All games have the potential for griefing. Lets see what the internet comes up with for this game.

cobrausn

Dec 10, 2008
I'll never really understand the constant penis obsession of the internet, nor will I really get the 'OMG it's just penises let the kids see it stupid americans' retards, but they (the game designers) have their work cut out for them. Exposing kids to the mental disorders and genitalia obsessions of the world is not something most parents really line up for, and they will have a tough time filtering it. I'd almost go so far as to say it's not possible. Good luck, devs.

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
hansari said:

Well done jinxing the case worse than it already is.

Why don't we all just start counting down to the first "OMGWTF PENISES IN LEGO BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN" from all the soccer moms around the world, hm?

Phoenixlight

Aug 24, 2008
psrdirector said:
imnotparanoid said:
I thought that game looked actually pretty fun.
Mabey not so much now.

by your statement i can gather the game only looked fun when you thought you could make lego penises. So a games fun is only mesured by how many penises you can show to young children... interesting reveal about yourself there.
Yeah, there's a lot of paedophiles and and general perverts on the internet :/

KorLeonis

Mar 15, 2010
hansari said:

As one of 4chan's friendly local representatives, I'd like to say...

Challenge accepted!

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Is there anything inherently wrong with showing parts of the body? This seems to be America's UBER-FEAR of the moment. Not something as simple as Terrorist nukes, but Katy Perry jiggling with Elmo and now "A KID MIGHT SEE A LEGO PENIS!"

Won't the modders just create a vagina or anus instead?
Blame the liability suits. You know the instant a parent saw anything even slightly resembling genitals they'd be suing the ever-living shit out of NetDevil, MTV Multiplayer, and anyone and everyone connected with the damn project. NetDevil is just doing what they can to cover their ass.

quid2

Jun 7, 2010
Very true...stupid lawyers. But also isn't this a childs MMO? so it wouldn't only be natural for this type of protection against penises to come into play to protect the parents from talking about this kind of stuff to kids?

On a side note I think kids would just find the whole thing funny and maybe a bit sad.

SadisticPretzel

Nov 29, 2010
SomeBritishDude said:
Irridium said:
They will fail.

If MMO players(or people on the internet in general) want to make penises, they will make penises. No way around it.
But how [b/]much[/b] will they want to make penises? If the systems in place make it extremely difficult to get around I doubt people will invest much time and effort just so they can show innocent 3 year old joey they're magnificend sharp edged writhing purple pyphon.
Tell the Internet "No" and we will do it, just to tick you off.