Less than 24 hours to ME3

dystopiaINC

Aug 13, 2010
yup, went to the midnight, got the N7 CE. now i'm going to bed. good night. I will play in the morning!

Stevepinto3

Jun 4, 2009
I don't know if it's just another way in which Origin sucks or if it's the fact that I feel pampered by Steam (probably both), but why can't I download my game ahead of time and just wait for it to unlock? I mean, this games already been leaked a million times anyway, it's not like they're hiding anything from us at this point.

This also brings to mind the oddness of basing the digital release date on west coast time zones, considering it is basically the last place on earth to change over. All of this combined, I can't even begin downloading the game until 3 AM, and with my connection speed I won't be playing until tomorrow night. WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME EA?!? I GAVE YOU MY MONEY!

TakeyB0y2

A Mistake
Jun 24, 2011
Pro-ordered the Xbox 360 collectors edition through Origin (I guess that makes me evil) and it'll be arriving in the mail, so I probably won't be getting it tomorrow. Even when it does arrive I won't be playing it right away because I'm playing through ME1 and 2 again with my canon/first Shepard. Since it was my first, and not to mention unguided, play-through, I missed a lot of stuff that actually does get carried over (like the thing with the trinket the consort gives you; apparently finding the Prothean relic on that one planet is something that gets carried over, albeit nobody knows what it changes though), aaaand not to mention said Shepard (who I'm playing as asexual) ended up accidentally flirting with Ashley and Tali when I was like NOOOO DO NOT WANT WHY CAN'T I BACK OUT OF IT WAHHHHH. I didn't follow through with either romance and found a way out eventually, but even though a backed-out romance probably won't be carried over, I'd rather just do the whole thing over and just have the whole thing never happen.

Sigh... So that'll probably take a few more days. Probably shouldn't have procrastinated on it.

Stevepinto3

Jun 4, 2009
undeadsuitor said:
Stevepinto3 said:
I don't know if it's just another way in which Origin sucks or if it's the fact that I feel pampered by Steam (probably both), but why can't I download my game ahead of time and just wait for it to unlock? I mean, this games already been leaked a million times anyway, it's not like they're hiding anything from us at this point.

This also brings to mind the oddness of basing the digital release date on west coast time zones, considering it is basically the last place on earth to change over. All of this combined, I can't even begin downloading the game until 3 AM, and with my connection speed I won't be playing until tomorrow night. WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME EA?!? I GAVE YOU MY MONEY!

You...can? I was pretty sure that if you pre-ordered ME3 on Origin, you could pre-download it. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
It seems you can't. This is my first time buying a game on Origin, so I don't know if they had that option for other games. Right now the download button just says "Unreleased", and there's a few threads on the EA forums about not being able to preload games.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Have it installed on my HD and am just waiting for the date (Midnight this Thursday. Go Aus...) to activate and play it. Thinking I'll be disappointed by the endings now, as having seen videos of them and read Bioware's responses to this... Yeah, not looking promising. No spoilers, but all your choices from ME1 and 2 seem to be entirely irrelevant to the ending. Hopefully I'm wrong.
Otherwise I'm expecting it to be a good game. Haven't bothered sorting through my saves to see which one's which yet, but W/E. I'll get to that when I get to it.
Stevepinto3 said:
It seems you can't. This is my first time buying a game on Origin, so I don't know if they had that option for other games. Right now the download button just says "Unreleased", and there's a few threads on the EA forums about not being able to preload games.
Odd, I have it downloaded and preloaded off Origin just fine. It, and the from Ashes DLC + all other collectors edition stuff, is just waiting for the release date to allow me to use it. Kinda sucks for people like you who are having problems though. Hope they fix that.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
Zhukov said:
Oh, hell yes.

Amazon shipped my order ahead of schedule.

This makes me happy.

If anyone needs me, I shall be over here obsessively camping the Amazon delivery tracking site.
LUCKY! My amazon order still says "shipping soon." Course I chose free shipping you may have chosen something else. All well, I'm sure it'll ship out tomorrow morning.
dystopiaINC said:
yup, went to the midnight, got the N7 CE. now i'm going to bed. good night. I will play in the morning!
I...almost want to say you're evil. How could you POSSIBLY do that?! I would be all over that! I would have been up all night playing! But I suppose to each his own...even if it does make you evil.

Stevepinto3

Jun 4, 2009
Joccaren said:
Stevepinto3 said:
Odd, I have it downloaded and preloaded off Origin just fine. It, and the from Ashes DLC + all other collectors edition stuff, is just waiting for the release date to allow me to use it. Kinda sucks for people like you who are having problems though. Hope they fix that.
Somehow this bothers me more than if you just couldn't download it at all. Either there's a problem for some people or you can only download ahead of time if you bought the collector's edition. Neither of those bode well for my respect of EA.

A Weakgeek

Feb 3, 2011
Melopahn said:
Screamarie said:
Melopahn said:
I'm happy its coming out so I won't have to listen to anymore of this "OMG Mass effect 3 is going to be the best thing ever" honest opinion... I didn't care about 2 never finished it, so very boring and the story just became what I call artificial. Im fine with others liking it, its not the worst game, its just another overrated title that is going to cost more than 60 bucks.

Hopefully they actually stop here instead of making a million more of them. :)
Sorry to tell you but they do intend to continue the mass effect universe...though whether that is more games or movies or books I don't know...but I understand the annoyance. And I will admit that Mass Effect isn't as perfect as everyone likes to think, it does get overpraised, but I love it and I always will.
]

Im totally for them keeping the universe its not a bad thing. I just don't want a million more games. I guess they could do it the right way... but we all know they won't, you will still be shephard and things will happen that ruin the previous games... that is what they always do :(.

Thank you for being a reasonable person though
I predict they will make a special forces spinoff where the very little rpg elements that remain are stripped away. Also shameless shepard cameos.

TakeyB0y2 said:
aaaand not to mention said Shepard (who I'm playing as asexual) ended up accidentally flirting with Ashley and Tali when I was like NOOOO DO NOT WANT WHY CAN'T I BACK OUT OF IT WAHHHHH. I didn't follow through with either romance and found a way out eventually,
Asexual? That must be hard man, Shepard is like the biggest manwhore in the galaxy. He even flirts with the freaking message lady who has 2 lines of dialogue.

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
Small advice to most people here. I advice some sleep now and them. Dieing while playing mass effect 3 might get you a headline on the escapist but that is not a good thing :)

Comic Sans

DOWN YOU GO!
Oct 15, 2008
Country
United States
Screamarie said:
Zhukov said:
Oh, hell yes.

This makes me happy.

If anyone needs me, I shall be over here obsessively camping the Amazon delivery tracking site.
LUCKY! My amazon order still says "shipping soon." Course I chose free shipping you may have chosen something else. All well, I'm sure it'll ship out tomorrow morning.
dystopiaINC said:
I...almost want to say you're evil. How could you POSSIBLY do that?! I would be all over that! I would have been up all night playing! But I suppose to each his own...even if it does make you evil.
On Amazon I chose the option to receive it on release day (meaning I am getting it today), and it was cheaper than 1-day shipping. I can't wait to come home from work and have it waiting.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
Comic Sans said:
Screamarie said:
Zhukov said:
Oh, hell yes.

This makes me happy.

dystopiaINC said:
On Amazon I chose the option to receive it on release day (meaning I am getting it today), and it was cheaper than 1-day shipping. I can't wait to come home from work and have it waiting.
I was trying to make it as cheap as possible so if I had the option of release day delivery I didn't even notice. I want the game badly but gotta pinch the pennies, you know?

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
D Moness said:
Small advice to most people here. I advice some sleep now and them. Dieing while playing mass effect 3 might get you a headline on the escapist but that is not a good thing :)
And don't forget to you know...eat...and drink...water not just mountain dew...and bathe...and maybe walk around a bit....and go out into the sun for at least five minutes. Man so much to get in the way of the game...but hey if you die you can't play it!

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
At least i have a few more days to finish homework before i can play mass effect 3.

Excuse my of-topic rant now. I really really hate the assignments that goes with the chapter i have to learn atm. Most assignments do not even really have to do with the learned subject matter. >.<

Only 1 to do(also the one i really hate) what do i have to do :

Find a tv-show i like to watch and answer the following questions.
a) What values/perspectives are explicitly carried over from the show.
b) How is that being done.
c) Form an opinion about it by using the steps i learned in that chapter.

If i disregard all the anime i like to watch the only tv-shows i really watch are Doctor Who, NCIS and Eureka. I somehow feel that assignment is here to troll me >.<

there now i feel better

Taddy

Jan 28, 2010
Waiting for the price to drop first, but when I do get it? Goddamn! The only thing going through my veins that day will be coffee. Lots and lots of coffee.

The Pinray

Jul 21, 2011
Screamarie said:
Nothing is better than free though I kind of wonder why you're not already at the gamestop, waiting. You know others are after all. If had access to a game stop and didn't like amazon so much I'd have totally camped for HOURS.
I live in a pretty small town, I went at 11:45pm and got out of there at 12:02am. Turnout wasn't too big, so it was pretty much in and out. :)

distortedreality

May 2, 2011
kman123 said:
I have no idea when ME3 will be released in Australia but I fully expect JB Hi Fi to break the street date.

Dirty sneaky amazing bastards.
Won't matter if it's a PC version, the evil Origin overlords will lock you out.

Although, I am hearing that a crack has started circulating the interwebs as of about 12 hours ago. Am pre-loading on Origin now, but am going to be a good boy and wait until local release date on friday to get into it. Still have a couple of things left to do on my ME2 playthrough anyway.

Would be interesting to see if that release checker work around actually works though, seems almost too easy.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
The Pinray said:
Screamarie said:
Nothing is better than free though I kind of wonder why you're not already at the gamestop, waiting. You know others are after all. If had access to a game stop and didn't like amazon so much I'd have totally camped for HOURS.
I live in a pretty small town, I went at 11:45pm and got out of there at 12:02am. Turnout wasn't too big, so it was pretty much in and out. :)
Ah yeah I can get the small town mentality. Sometimes I feel like the only gamer in my town. You wouldn't expect a rush at our little walmart for ME3. I could probably go and get a CE there now, but it would cost ten dollars more than it did for me at amazon.

Darkfiretiger

Jun 30, 2011
36 hours actualy, remember yanks you're not the only people getting this game us Aussies have to wait til the 8th, and the europeans have to wait till the 9th.