lets collectively lol @ these "I need feminism because..." pics

Giftfromme

New member
Nov 3, 2011
555
0
0
Alright yes, these are from 4chan, but I've just linked the images, not the thread. The thread is full of the usual idiots, but yeah look at the pics.










So much of these are shades of retardness.
#1 uhhh feminism lets you achieve that how??
#2 ummm you're not getting harassed and that makes you feel unattractive? Very few people actually think this way and subscribing to feminism won't change that opinion of yourself.
#3 well that shit makes no sense at all. Because I don't subscribe to feminism, I'm for rape? lol what
#4 lol...again that's a personal confidence thing, and if you're with such guys, obviously you're with the wrong guys. Nothing feminism will change, these are your choices
#5 a self confidence thing, nothing that an outside power will change for you. You need to do it yourself
#6 Cool story!
#7 lol that don't make sense, but ok!


So yeah some silly pictures we can all (well I hope at least most would) agree that are damn silly. This kind of nonsense is what stops us having a proper dialogue on actual gender issues in society. Most of these people subscribe to feminism as a way to fix any issue they have, as if accepting feminist ideals in society will make all their problems go away

Anyone agree? Disagree? Anything in between?
 

Geo Da Sponge

New member
May 14, 2008
2,611
0
0
...Seriously? Alright, time to bust out the image. I am busting out the image now.

The image has been bust out now.


I mean, just... What's the point? The purpose of this thread is literally point and laugh at people who think differently to you? About feminism of all things? Yeah, that'll end well.
 

Rawne1980

New member
Jul 29, 2011
4,144
0
0
I need feminism because never having experienced "street harrasment" shouldn't make me feel unattractive.....

This is the first time i've seen feminism used because someone ISN'T being treated as a sex object.

That one made me chuckle the most.

Although all of them are quite amusing.
 

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
4,367
0
0
Well, this thread is going to go to crap faster than I can snap my fingers. And I can snap my fingers pretty damn fast.

OT: Most are valid, but there are a few I disagree with. Not much more to say than that... Also, obligatory "not all feminists are second-wave, Andrea Dworkin-type people", because I know someone is going to try to straw-man feminists sometime soon.
 

BloatedGuppy

New member
Feb 3, 2010
9,572
0
0
BreakfastMan said:
Most are valid, but there are a few I disagree with. Not much more to say than that... Also, obligatory "not all feminists are second-wave, Andrea Dworkin-type people", because I know someone is going to try to straw-man feminists sometime soon.
I think we already had echoes of that in the OP.

Mind you some of the sentiments in those pictures are giving me a headache, so that's not going to help. If anyone ever wanted to cherry pick the goofy side of gender politics there's some good options in that mix.
 

DevilWithaHalo

New member
Mar 22, 2011
625
0
0
Geo Da Sponge said:
I mean, just... What's the point? The purpose of this thread is literally point and laugh at people who think differently to you? About feminism of all things? Yeah, that'll end well.
Isn't that the point of making most things public? Well... maybe not so much point and laugh but more along the lines of "wtf" open to discussion. More to the point, the OP made their pint here...
Giftfromme said:
So yeah some silly pictures we can all (well I hope at least most would) agree that are damn silly. This kind of nonsense is what stops us having a proper dialogue on actual gender issues in society. Most of these people subscribe to feminism as a way to fix any issue they have, as if accepting feminist ideals in society will make all their problems go away

Anyone agree? Disagree? Anything in between?
Which I agree with. Feminism has turned into a word used by anyone feeling oppressed by social expectations as a way to latch on to a movement known for it's human rights advocacy (lol) in order to deface their apparent oppressors; because having a difference of opinion is touted as oppression. Feminism, as an ideology, doesn't actually address the issues these people are bringing up in so much that it may profit from some of them.

There is a serious and growing issue in the Western world where people are seeking to blame their personal problems on the perceptions of the general public; when they have no right to control the opinions of others.

Take the first picture as a prime example (even though all of them are). Why does he care that other people think less of him because he enjoys his GF ramming him up the ass? What he does in the bedroom is his own business, and of course the business of everyone else he decides to tell. If you go around making things public knowledge you're bound to get reactions, and not all of them agree. Exactly what does a movement devoted to women's equal rights intend to do about policing the opinions of those that think differently then he does? People think less of others for expressing their republican or democratic ideas; what does feminism intend to do about that?

Feminism is quickly becoming a meaningless term, used to combat meaningless oppression based on meaningless opinions of other people which should have a meaningless impact in your own life.
 

BloatedGuppy

New member
Feb 3, 2010
9,572
0
0
DevilWithaHalo said:
Take the first picture as a prime example (even though all of them are). Why does he care that other people think less of him because he enjoys his GF ramming him up the ass? What he does in the bedroom is his own business, and of course the business of everyone else he decides to tell. If you go around making things public knowledge you're bound to get reactions, and not all of them agree. Exactly what does a movement devoted to women's equal rights intend to do about policing the opinions of those that think differently then he does? People think less of others for expressing their republican or democratic ideas; what does feminism intend to do about that?
Eh. The first picture is probably the closest one to actually being a supportable "feminist" argument. It touches on the rigidity of gender roles and on the ridicule of men for assuming traditionally female roles (either in life or in the bedroom) because they are viewed as intrinsically inferior. You could make an argument that it's a "feminist" issue. Feminism being properly concerned with equality between the genders, and not the promotion of females. Yes, it's a stretch, but it's not that crazy.

Uh...as for the rest of them...I...just...I guess you could float #4 a pass depending on where you stand on the nebulous concept of "rape culture". Even that's a stretch. A couple are just straight up WTF to the point where I have to assume I do not understand what they're trying to say.
 

Helmholtz Watson

New member
Nov 7, 2011
2,503
0
0
This thread...it's going places [http://www.sadanduseless.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/679.jpg].

Now then while there is still a calm before the storm, I'll say that I find some of these amusing. First off number two, what? Why shouldn't a university be named after a man? Number four, no. I'm not going to get into it, I'm just going to say that this idea is another form of collective guilt and its completely nonsense. Number six, its fine to have a healthy amount of self confidence but it shouldn't stop you from trying to be physically healthy. Lastly, number seven, well at least she is being honest that she it in order to secure a job but its not very convincing as to why the rest of us would "need" it.
 

General Twinkletoes

Suppository of Wisdom
Jan 24, 2011
1,426
0
0
EDIT: I'm just getting rid of this (escapist needs a delete button...) because I honestly don't care, and don't want to be dragged into the inevitable flamewar.
 

BloatedGuppy

New member
Feb 3, 2010
9,572
0
0
Alright guys...wait...listen...listen...hey...I think...I think I figured out #3. Listen!

I think...I THINK she is trying to say that she feels unattractive because she doesn't get harassed...and she realizes that it's ridiculous...and she's saying she needs feminism because something in her environment/upbringing has left her in this situation where she feels she needs to get harassed in order to feel worthwhile. Is that...I think that makes sense. I did it!

*10 Achievement Points*

Also is it just me or is yellow sweater's face kind of showing that even she isn't buying what she's selling?
 

Nickolai77

New member
Apr 3, 2009
2,843
0
0
I'm not sure if i should post the "i like where this thread is going" image or even the "in the before the lock" this thread is so incendiary.

I understand where nearly all these "i need feminism" pics come from, but for a lot of the problems here the implied solution isn't really practical. I mean take picture number two- what do you want to do, rewrite history and rename the university?

Looking at point 6- I'm a bit sceptical that female standards of beauty are dictated by men. How many heterosexual males work in the fashion industry? Where are all these men going around telling women how to dress and how to look? From my experience, it's women telling other women how to dress and appear. Obviously, men do create standards of female beauty, as also do women about men (Heck look at Twilight) but really both the male and female idealised forms are about as fanciful as eachother, and generally the fantised depictions of the opposite sex are not consumed by the sex they are depicting. With regards to the armpit hair one- a lot of guys arn't going to find body hair that attractive because body hair is a masculine trait, there's no changing that, still that's not to say women should shave off all their body hair entirely- you'll have to be a bit of a prick to not sleep with a woman if she's got body hair. But there's always going to be standards of beauty for either sex, shaped by our biology and our ever changing cultural norms. You can't escape from it. Trying to remove those preconceptions will be like trying to stop the Earth from turning.

While i said i understood most of the images, i don't get the 4th one at all....
 

BloatedGuppy

New member
Feb 3, 2010
9,572
0
0
Nickolai77 said:
Looking at point 6- I'm a bit skeptical that female standards of beauty are dictated by men.
I should think loving one's fat body would be a "radical concept" because a "fat body" denotes a state of ill health. You could just as easily say that loving one's gangrenous foot would be a radical concept, and you would be correct.

Yes, women put up with a lot of unreasonable beauty standards but keeping your weight inside healthy limits shouldn't be considered one of them. For anyone. Male or female.

Awww damn I'm opening up a whole other can of worms with that, aren't I? I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.
 

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Apr 8, 2020
5,498
1
3
Country
United States
If you read them in an either sarcastic or snooty tone they are actually rather funny.

That's how I read them anyways since that's the only way I can read some of them since they are rather stupid.
 

BloatedGuppy

New member
Feb 3, 2010
9,572
0
0
boots said:
Hahaha! This thread is fun! Let me join in!

Am I doing it right?
Bit of overkill, I think, old chum. The "lol feminazi" guys aren't even in here yet.
 

DevilWithaHalo

New member
Mar 22, 2011
625
0
0
BloatedGuppy said:
Eh. The first picture is probably the closest one to actually being a supportable "feminist" argument. It touches on the rigidity of gender roles and on the ridicule of men for assuming traditionally female roles (either in life or in the bedroom) because they are viewed as intrinsically inferior. You could make an argument that it's a "feminist" issue. Feminism being properly concerned with equality between the genders, and not the promotion of females. Yes, it's a stretch, but it's not that crazy.
That's exactly what I'm saying feminism is becoming a meanginless term; because serious stretches of the imagination are required to make this necessary for corrective action. More importantly, his personal feelings are his own problem; not the problem of society.

Why does he feel unmanly? Because he likes getting fucked in the ass by his girlfriend? Because other people call him unmanly because he likes getting fucked in the ass by his girlfriend? Why should he feel any different about enjoying something with his girlfriend based on the opinions of other people?

He's again making this public knowledge, practically inviting opinion. Not everyone will agree with him, so as he already overcome the assumed social stigma of enjoying strap ons? So what doe he want now; a medal? For people to not think less of him based on his own personal kinks?

Hell, I think he looks like a douche bag with that head gear and taking a picture saying he needs an "womens movement" to fix his personal problems. What's feminism going to do about that? Call me "not a real man"? That would be some sweet sweet irony.

You can't fix bullying by targetting assholes who feed off of it. You fix it by demonstrating that they have no power over you that you don't give them. You know what this guy should do? Ignore assholes that call him less of a man and go mutually ass fuck with his girlfriend.
BloatedGuppy said:
Uh...as for the rest of them...I...just...I guess you could float #4 a pass depending on where you stand on the nebulous concept of "rape culture". Even that's a stretch. A couple are just straight up WTF to the point where I have to assume I do not understand what they're trying to say.
And this is what feminism is (de)evolving into; one WTF moment after another.
BloatedGuppy said:
Bit of overkill, I think, old chum. The "lol feminazi" guys aren't even in here yet.
Hey now, I'm doing the best I can. ;)
 

Helmholtz Watson

New member
Nov 7, 2011
2,503
0
0
boots said:
Hahaha! This thread is fun! Let me join in!
Heheh! It is fun, isn't it?

boots said:
Am I doing it right?
Bummer, good try but no luck. Try something like this [http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s480x480/418508_453825011314495_520613503_n.jpg], or if you really want to have some fun, this is another one that is some what similar [http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/29185214.jpg].
 

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Apr 10, 2020
5,950
14
13
Country
United States
Fuck me then, I don't see the lolz everyone's talking about >.>

Would someone care to explain to a confused teen male?