"Let's go through this once again..." Going through a game all over again.

babyblues

Apr 22, 2008
I must have clocked in 50 hours or so with Jade Empire and KOTOR2. They were short, fun, and you could explore different things with every character you made. Or maybe I'm just a person who likes repetition, who knows..

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
I sometimes play Star Wars Battlefront on the singleplayer campain all the way though. Because I pwn, I can usually beat it in about 45 minutes. All I play them for is the hilarious diolauge quips inbetween the battles. Right before an Imperial mission on Tatoonie, the Emperor goes "Local Smugglers-" And I cut him off there just to listen to it again or start the battle. Who needs to hear anything else? ('lol')

The Franco

Mar 25, 2008
Zelda: Link's Awakening, it's not the game I've beaten the most (Star Fox 64 and Yoshi's story are currently having a jousting match over that matter) but it's one of the most enjoyable games from my youth. Also, replaying it was just another excuse to use the flying rooster boomerang combo of death again.

Omnidum

Mar 27, 2008
Hellgate: London, because of the funny quests (Chocolate Park, hehe) and the good gameplay.

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
I've always got time to replay the old LucasArts adventure games again. Same with Vampire Bloodlines, there are so many ways of getting through that game that there's plenty of replay value. I'll revisit the SNES Shadowrun game occasionally as well.

And Psychonauts and Guitar Hero, and far too many other games to mention.

Ultrajoe

Omnichairman
Apr 24, 2008
I've played WoW, repetition is now anathema... except for Co-op Halo, in which the knowledge of every upcoming event just heightens the explodyniess

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
I've gone through The Ocarina of time around 4 times. I really liked that game. I have also finished most of my favorite FPS. The halos and GoW come to mind. Pretty much every game that has unlocked Difficulties I replay.

darthsmily

Feb 21, 2008
Ratchet and Clank 3: Up your Arsenal.
I can't believe how many times I played through that game, think it was somewhere in the 20-30 range!

iamnotincompliance

Apr 23, 2008
Sonic 3 w/ Sonic and Knuckles (had to get the super and hyper forms of each character, after all) (and even then, several more times)

GTA III (only truly 100% completed it once, but otherwise beaten to the credits... numerous times)

GTA VC (see above)

GTA San Andreas (never got 100%, but 90% is close enough)

Morrowind (well, the damn thing's so big, it's easy to find new stuff to do, then I got the expansion packs)

Oblivion (again, see above)

Where in the USA is Carmen Sandiego (ON CD!) (Sorry, they make such a big deal out of that, I had to put it in)

Having a small library of games due to particular tastes makes this a small, boring list. Having not played through most of them a second time makes it smaller. Having never played all the way through in the first place shrinks it further. And having never even attempted single player on whatever's left (Worms and Worms 2, for example) makes it the list that is is.

And I seem to be the one of the few who mention ye olde games like Sonic 3. I wonder why...

And I know starting sentences with "and" is incorrect grammar. Tough. That's the way I talk, and that's the way I type.

Frybird

Jan 7, 2008
I usually think that i should replay many games, but in the end, the only games i played through twice are Max Payne 2, The Orange Box Games except Episode 2, Metal Gear Solid 1 and Deus Ex

As opposed to Games i started a second time and stopped halfway through:
Max Payne 1,
Prince of Persia: TOS,
Bioshock,
The Darkness,
Beyond Good and Evil,
Psychonauts,
Every Monkey Island Game,
Mass Effect
and many many more.

Although Mass Effect probably WILL be finished a second time if i have some "new-game-less" time this year.
(Since GTA IV is coming out rather soon and that i still did not bought Ace Combat 6, that somehow seems unlikely)

Credge

Apr 12, 2008
Omnidum said:
Hellgate: London, because of the funny quests (Chocolate Park, hehe) and the good gameplay.
Really? Good gameplay? I think you're one of the first to say this.

sicDaniel

Mar 30, 2008
When i start a new RPG (Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout, Might&Magic), i play halfway through to get an understanding of skills, quests and character classes. 99% of the time my char/party will suck at this point anyway, so i start a new game and do it right this time.

Right now, i am playing through Doom3 on my Xbox for the third time. I love this game, despite all the hate it gets. Its much better on the Xbox anyway because they had to make every level shorter and smaller. So, it is more claustrophobic and not so much running through the same set of rooms for two hours. Only for one hour. To embarass myself even more, i played Half-Life 2 for 30 minutes once and i just didnt get it. Never played it again. I loved HL1, but 2... no idea, it felt totally boring.

tiredinnuendo

Jan 2, 2008
I will often replay games, but I usually do it in chunks wherever possible. For example, I tend to like games that have a Level Select option once you've beaten them, and that way I can go back through I replay my favorite bits.

It's fairly rare for me not to replay a game at least once though.

- J

Gavaroc

Apr 14, 2008
I replay most of my favourite RPGs, usually testing out new character classes/combinations and mainly to see if I missed anything, both storylinewise and secretwise.

I've played the Golden Sun series through three times since its release, each time with a different djinn setup. (that's less than once-a-year, so I'm not that much of a fanboy!)

Yan-Yan

Jan 13, 2008
I try to replay games that I find enjoyable, have owned for a while, and need a nostalgic kick.

Half Life (one and two), Halo, F.E.A.R., Black and White, Daggerfall, Portal, and more (that I've forgotten) I know I've played through at least a second time. Heck, if I could get Daggerfall to run on my current computer, I'd be playing that again. Never could actually finish the story. Too damn open ended.

Akatsuki_slave

Apr 7, 2008
Mstrswrd said:
Zelda games, in general, have decent replay value incase you missed stuff, or even just for the hell of it.

Tales of Symphonia because you could go through the game in different ways (ends the same, but the way you get there is different,d some enemies can only be fought in certain paths... liek Zelos).
Agreed. I love replaying Zelda games. And ToS is really fun to replay b/c there are so many sidequests and several extra bosses. Plus, if you get the demon weapons they get more powerful the more kills you have. So carrying over kills from a previous game and starting a new one gives you really awesome weapons.

I also like replaying any Kingdom Hearts game. Shoot me. They're fun.

Cooper42

Jan 17, 2008
Deus Ex...
At least, given enough time between replays so you forget a lot of the detail. I played it the second time about 4 years after the first time. Was like playing it again, but with the added bonus of hindsight and being able to revel in its legacy.

Same goes for SS1 and 2.
L-l-look at you, hacker...
*shivers*

San Andreas? I'm not sure that counts. Unless you play to 100% and start again... It's got the sandbox game design just right - you just play, you don't re-play...

Dungeon Keeper. It just never gets old.

Uplink, maybe. Though nothing beats the first completion of the game.

Can think of many more I have and will replay, but few which I will enjoy just as much as the first time.

the_tralfalmadorian

Jan 11, 2008
Knights of the Old Republic. I probably played that game 10 times within the first year of owning it. Same goes for KOTOR2.

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time is another one i can play again and again.