Let's Look at Art

Dec 14, 2009
I'll never understand how Pewdiepie is the hottest shit since the tail end of that really spicy chili I ate one time.

It's like, do I need to be stoned to enjoy it or something?

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Still enjoy him in small doses, sorry not sorry!

Not that the comic is inaccurate. :D

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
This would probably mean more to me if I actually watched Pewdiepie's videos, but I will never EVER watch the videos of anyone with an alias like Pewdiepie.

Zealous

Mar 24, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
I'll never understand how Pewdiepie is the hottest shit since the tail end of that really spicy chili I ate one time.

I think you just need to forget anything you know about humour and just let him wash over you. Like a wave of screeching and rape jokes.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
Daystar Clarion said:

It's a mystery of the Universe. One day scientists will teach a Chimpanzee to scream 'rape' at a camera so they can study this enigma in a controlled environment. Although I imagine a chimp would consider it beneath them.

CorvusFerreum

Jun 13, 2011
Interesstinly enough I only come into contact with Pewdiepie through people complaining about him or comments under videos from other Let's players claiming that this stuff is better than Pewdiepie's stuff and of course the occasional obvious troll praising him in order to provoke the "this is better than Pewdiepie" crowd.
It's just weird. I think I just prefer to let people enjoy what they enjoy and avoid what I don't. It's not that hard.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
Eh, Pewdiepie's not exactly my cuppa tea, but I don't hold his success against him or his fans.

I'll never understand why his haters give him all this unsolicited attention. I mean, why give him more views? And yes, his haters do watch his videos, if only to find more fuel to throw into the fire. Pewdiepie himself once pointed out that they are just making him more money, and of course they used that statement to claim that he was a greedy scumbag...

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:

Yes, yes you do. There really is no other way. Other than maybe some stronger drugs...

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
While the observation is indeed accurate, I am wondering if this was a dud week and you just needed to get something out for a deadline, because it's not particularly refreshing or funny. I'm sorry.

Yes, Pewdiepie has an annoying, high-pitched voice that he makes far too much use of... er, well done for having access to Youtube, I guess? Because that's all you really need to make this joke. You guys are capable of some gold-standard satire, which is why I always look forward to your strips whenever they come out, but this one I'm afraid produced the biggest "meh" out of me in a long time. Even if all you're aiming for is a strip about how Pewdiepie is irritating, surely you could have come up with something a little more interesting than this.

Hoplon

Jabbering Fool
Mar 31, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:

I have been told it helps. Though watching others play video games is the dullest thing i have ever done.

Sejborg

Jun 7, 2010
I think the writer(s?) of this comic should take a vacation and get some inspiration. The "jokes" have been lackluster for a very long time now.

Goliath100

Sep 29, 2009
That made me laugh, well done. I hate Let's players'...status as gaming videos instead of its own thing, making it impossible to find the analytical stoff I want.

balfore

Nov 9, 2006
CriticalMiss said:
Daystar Clarion said:

It's a mystery of the Universe. One day scientists will teach a Chimpanzee to scream 'rape' at a camera so they can study this enigma in a controlled environment. Although I imagine a chimp would consider it beneath them.
Actually The Game Theorists did an episode on Youtube about how Pewdiepie became successful, it's quite good and help you understand how Youtube works and how he blew up. I had actually never really known who he was until that video.

Kurt Cristal

Mar 31, 2010
There's only one person who shouts at games that I'll watch. NSFW:

At least he makes sense between the screams of rage.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
I don't like his stuff, but I approve that of his charity work and how he includes his fan base in it. Sometimes, you can use the stupid stuff to achieve smart ends.

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:

You need to be about 13-14 to enjoy it.

To be honest. I know Felix is smart and nice person. Believe me he is not stupid, he knows how to bait an audience and make money with it - I respect that. He knew how to use the Youtube algorithm. Basically he know how to play the youtube game.

But his Internet persona. I can't withstand. I feel insulted, when I watch his content. The screams, moanings, bad jokes and repeating bad jokes.

But nothing I hate more than his Fanatic followers. To the point I avoid EVERYTHING Felix makes just to avoid his fans. And it is a shame, since he is a nice dude at heart.

Goliath100 said:
That made me laugh, well done. I hate Let's players'...status as gaming videos instead of its own thing, making it impossible to find the analytical stoff I want.
There are few who do that. They are unfortunately not popular since highbrow analytical content is a niche genre.

Examples in my opinion: Jesse Cox when he decides plays story heavy games (Because he analyzes the shit out of everything to the point of redundant). Rurikhan (When he does RPGs). Plantgrowth - He is Finnish tho and does he content in Finnish. Knows what he is doing.
Thats about it really.

If you know any good ones - Do share.

rofltehcat

Jul 24, 2009
CorvusFerreum said:
Interesstinly enough I only come into contact with Pewdiepie through people complaining about him or comments under videos from other Let's players claiming that this stuff is better than Pewdiepie's stuff and of course the occasional obvious troll praising him in order to provoke the "this is better than Pewdiepie" crowd.
It's just weird. I think I just prefer to let people enjoy what they enjoy and avoid what I don't. It's not that hard.
I guess he is kind of like Bieber in that respect: I never hear much about any of both unless people complain about them. Incidentally, both seem to have huge fan followings that seem to not be really comprehensible in any way to me. But that is also where it ends: I'm really indifferent to them. I don't like their stuff but ultimately whatever they do doesn't affect me in any way so why should I care?