Let's make an escapist Minecraft server!

The Infinite

Mar 30, 2009
Heh I have to say I rather enjoyed myself, spent most of the day along with my friend just building complex structures and surveying other peoples pieces of work. Griefers are freaking annoying though, ruining hours of work, but if you find a good server with useful admins its a great experience. Especially with a friend.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
holy crap... I am so happy I clicked on this topic. I am sure to have $10 after I buy Lost Planet 2, I was going to get Killing Floors but this is amazing!

Terkaal

Apr 28, 2010
After testing out a few ideas, I've managed to find a way we can get a dedicated server. I'll set up the server in the morning. ;)

Amalith

Mar 29, 2009
Zeromaeus said:
Quick question.
Does one have to pay to access the uh... multiplayer?
No, only /indev/ and /infdev/ modes require a purchase to play. These modes are totally worth it, but you can play creative mode (the only mode currently with any multiplayer support) and a shitty version of survival for free.

Flauros

Mar 2, 2010
So when i click the link and ther servers offline, im just playing offline on my computer

Flauros

Mar 2, 2010
Lol this game is awesome. First i did Zombie mode with eveybody, tried to bury myself in the ground but they found me anyway. Then i playing Survival, and a flood of lava keeps destroying my house. Asshole lava....

Terkaal

Apr 28, 2010
Here's an update on the server.

1)We are now using a custom server tool known as MCSharp which allows us to have as many maps loaded simlutaneously as we like.

2)Although slowly, the community is growing

3)We have a map for newbies, sprite painting, freebuild, city building (Escapistville), Mountain city (new), The battle of hoth (yes from star wars, project of a player in progress) and the list goes on.

4) New players are confined to the Newbie zone till I give them the go ahead to escape to other maps, thus protecting your hard work from griefers!

5) server is up 24/7 with a 99% uptime now ;)

Server URL: http://www.minecraft.net/play.jsp?server=4f6724ef172cbb569141ccefd687211d

come check it out!

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
That's an awesome game, I played as Paulio :D.

I'll get back to it later. After my simulation of death I built this monster:

Man, this game owns.

CobraX

Jul 4, 2010
I'll check out it on Thursday, can't right now, but the server sounds cool. I acually have a game of minecraft open in a second internet tab as I troll these forums.

Terkaal said:
no glitches from what I see.
There's a well known glitch where two minecarts close to each other will clip into each other and propel each other along the tracks, by themselves. So there are some glitches that need fixing. Nothing game breaking or major, though. Certainly no glitches that ruin the fun that Minecraft offers.

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
What's the IP to this server so I can run my minecraft.exe and have it fullscreened easier?

Edit: Nvm found it...