Let's play the superpower lottery!

lemby117

Apr 16, 2009
Mechanical Intuition,fuck yeah I am going to be the IronBat Man. Also I am going to get so rich selling working lightsabers

shadowbadger_0

Jul 12, 2010
Earth Breath.

I could work with that. First thing is to bury my high school in a mudslide. Preferably without anyone there. I hate the place, but I know at least some of the people there were trying to educate me.

GameMaNiAC

Sep 8, 2010
Mind Control.

I don't have to explain to you what that does, do I?

Now dance for me, my dear Escapists. DANCE.

kickassfrog

Jan 17, 2011
Violence inducement.

The more outnumbered I am, the bigger the general brawl of people who now want to kill each other. While I sly off for a pint.

Could be worse, I suppose.
At least I don't have to do my own dirty work.

PokeGirl

Aug 7, 2012
Kitsune Physiology

Users have the abilities of the ancient fox spirits know as kitsunes. Stories depict them as intelligent beings and as possessing magical abilities that increase with their age and wisdom. Foremost among these is the ability to assume human form. While some folktales speak of kitsune employing this ability to trick others?as foxes in folklore often do?other stories portray them as faithful guardians, friends, lovers, and wives.

Cool, sounds fun! :) oh, and on a second roll I got self Transcendence so I'm pretty happy with my results.

AbsoluteVirtue18

Jan 14, 2009
Eldritch Physiology:

Power to possess traits of a being so alien as to be beyond rules of nature/existence.

"Users of this ability wield god-like powers and are, for the most part, not bound by the laws of the universe. Their true form can not be grasped by mortal beings, and is interpreted differently by different individuals/species. These interpretations can range from the unusual, to the awe-inspiring, to the mind-shatteringly terrifying. It is rare, but not unheard of, for the presence of such a being to benefit the universe it currently inhabits."

...I'm Cthulhu.

I win.

Sneezeguard

Oct 13, 2010
TCG Manipulation

The ability to have empatic control over Trading Card Game (TCG) deck. Is a partial power of Card Manipulation.

Great. I have the ability to cheat at cards games. But not normal card games like poker so I can't get rich off it. No Trading cards....

Worst power ever!

kickassfrog

Jan 17, 2011
Froggy Slayer said:
Asita said:
Mana Manipulation. Not bad. Kinda makes me a red mage on steroids...does the sheer variety of the ability's application mean I have to take a mulligan on that?
Roll a d6 4 times. If you get a 1-6, you get destructive mana, 7-12 healing 13-18 enchanting, 19-24 sensory. Good luck
That's an unbalanced recipe. Rolling 4d6 makes it impossible to roll less than a 4 by definition.

Roll a D20
Alternatively, roll a d6 twice and pick

1-3, 1-3, Destructive Mana
1-3, 4-6, Healing
4-6, 1-3, Enchanting
4-6, 4-6, Sensory

Asita said:
I'm including you in the quote, too

Aean

Jul 22, 2011
Dimensional Slicing seems good, really good. To the point where it sounds like I could beat most, if not every other power here O:

The page even says "Anything occupying the said space will suffer the slash, and since it splits the third dimension itself, there is no defense against it," and since this powerset also comes with teleportation and the ability to remove oneself from the current dimension I think I would be basically guaranteed to hit.

Oh, and my second roll is Enhanced Scythemanship, which is also alright because Scythes are pretty cool.

Musette

Pacifist Percussionist
Apr 19, 2010
Oni Physiology.

"User has the aspects of an Oni: usually this includes additions in size and muscularity, sharp claws and fangs, wild hair and long horns. Many are ugly or even hideous and may have unusual number or digits and/or eyes, skin may be any number of colors, but red and blue are particularly common. Females are often more powerful than males."

Hmmm, sounds interesting, though the potential drawbacks of going insane and losing intelligence sound annoying. Being female, I guess I get even more additional strength though, and once it's at a point that it can be controlled, it sounds like it could be fun.

bat32391

Oct 19, 2011
I got Unity which apparently is the ability to be one with all. The natural origin of Omnipotence, Omniscience and Omnipresence. So does this mean I'm a god or something?

kingofkumquats

Mar 5, 2012
Necromancy

Awesome. I shall unleash death in the form of reanimated dinosaurs! Granted Ill have to practice on recently deceased pets first.

AwesomeDave

Feb 10, 2011
Genetic Manipulation
The power to manipulate DNA. A sub-power of Biological Manipulation.

Capabilities
The user can manipulate the DNA of himself/herself as well as others

Could be interesting... especially after I noticed one of the applications is Power Bestowal

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
kickassfrog said:
Froggy Slayer said:
Asita said:
Mana Manipulation. Not bad. Kinda makes me a red mage on steroids...does the sheer variety of the ability's application mean I have to take a mulligan on that?
Roll a d6 4 times. If you get a 1-6, you get destructive mana, 7-12 healing 13-18 enchanting, 19-24 sensory. Good luck
That's an unbalanced recipe. Rolling 4d6 makes it impossible to roll less than a 4 by definition.

Roll a D20

1-3, 4-6, Healing
4-6, 1-3, Enchanting
4-6, 4-6, Sensory

Asita said:
True enough. Additionally, more rolls effectively means less standard deviation, meaning that while the 4d6 model makes Destructive magic unquestionably the least likely (as half of the values that would yield that result are impossible to achieve), it also means that healing and enchanting are both disproportionately more likely than sensory, due to being closer to the average roll. Indeed, the most common result with 4d6 should be a 14, meaning the most common result by that model would be enchanting. Statistically, the likelihood of any of those under the 4d6 model would be as follows:

Destructive: 1.16%
Healing: 32.58%
Enchanting: 56.71%
Sensory: 9.72%

Under the 2d6 model, I got destructive magic. Though again, I do have to question the thematic appropriateness of the concept itself. At its core, the idea seems to effectively change the nature of the power I landed on from the manipulation and shaping of surrounding energies to this one under the first result, and this one under the second. Put a different way, one could say it changes 'me' from Doctor Strange into Elixir or Aang. It just seems to me that the division in question necessitates enough of a shift in mechanics that it might as well be considered a different power.

faranar

Jun 8, 2009
Solar Manipulation
The users can control, create and manipulate all aspects of suns power, starting from its immense heat, luminosity, mass/gravitational field, magnetic field, raw nuclear energy and reaction, etc.. More specific effects include solar winds/flares, geomagnetic storms, causing sunspot reactions, UV emissions, and promoting plant growth. Like its counterpart, Lunar Manipulation, this page has abilities based on folklore, and mythology.

That's nice

kickassfrog

Jan 17, 2011
Asita said:
kickassfrog said:
Froggy Slayer said:
Asita said:

Roll a D20

1-3, 4-6, Healing
4-6, 1-3, Enchanting
4-6, 4-6, Sensory

Asita said:
True enough. Additionally, more rolls effectively means less standard deviation, meaning that while the 4d6 model makes Destructive magic unquestionably the least likely (as half of the values that would yield that result are impossible to achieve), it also means that healing and enchanting are both disproportionately more likely than sensory, due to being closer to the average roll. Indeed, the most common result with 4d6 should be a 14, meaning the most common result by that model would be enchanting. Statistically, the likelihood of any of those under the 4d6 model would be as follows:

Destructive: 1.16%
Healing: 32.58%
Enchanting: 56.71%
Sensory: 9.72%

Under the 2d6 model, I got destructive magic. Though again, I do have to question the thematic appropriateness of the concept itself. At its core, the idea seems to effectively change the nature of the power I landed on from the manipulation and shaping of surrounding energies to this one under the first result, and this one under the second. Put a different way, one could say it changes 'me' from Doctor Strange into Elixir or Aang. It just seems to me that the division in question necessitates enough of a shift in mechanics that it might as well be considered a different power.
At least you still have a viably useful power either way. The only thing I could really do is direct people to fight one another.

It does say I have the same power as War, though, so that makes me, what, the second most effective horseman of the apocalypse?