Let's Reminisce - Timesplitters

pigmonkey

Dec 24, 2008
time splitters 3 was very entertaining, i liked the part were the monkeys fought each other with guns and stuff.

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
I loved my time with TS2, but even when it was new it felt dated. I would definitely like to see a new TS game with the same attitude and bad jokes and such, but with innovative things like... jumping... lol

darksideomg

Mar 4, 2009
Johnnyallstar said:
I loved my time with TS2, but even when it was new it felt dated. I would definitely like to see a new TS game with the same attitude and bad jokes and such, but with innovative things like... jumping... lol
i was playing it in hospital a few moths back .. almost creamed :$ its probably better than three even if you cant do everyday normal things like .. a dunno jump lol

Brian_Rowe

Mar 4, 2009
TS2 and Future Perfect are still two of my favorite shooters, particularly because of the versatility in multiplayer, thanks in many parts to bots. I don't understand why bots have become so rare these days, and simplistic when they are around. I have Live, but sometimes I just want to play with a friend next to me, not half a city away. I also sincerely hope that the map-maker makes a return in TS4.

Madman_Andre

Sep 5, 2008
ಥ_ಥ

The Map Editor...

I once built a House of the Dead level, uploaded it and everything.

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
TS 2...just simple brilliance.
I played that game to death with my friends, so many characters and weapons that it just never got old.
Oh yea: Anaconda...need I say more?

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
Timesplitters 3 was nirvana, TS2 was just a good game. Timesplitters 3 in multiplayer with a buddy or two was particularly amazing. I think the weapons were what made Future Perfect so much fun. Gotta love the Baseball Bat and Injector.

Madman_Andre

Sep 5, 2008
Wait until you get a certain achievement and unlock the brick as a weapon.

I kid you not, the game let you throw bricks.

And the Monkey Gun. It turns characters into monkeys...

GDW

Feb 25, 2009
...given the last game came out about 3 years ago and I still play "TS2" and "TS: FP" all the time with my friends I find reminscing a bit hard.

...though "TS4" seems an illusion in this day... gave us all that concept art, and for what? "Haze" and to be bought by Crytek... shame...

darksideomg

Mar 4, 2009
GDW said:
...given the last game came out about 3 years ago and I still play "TS2" and "TS: FP" all the time with my friends I find reminscing a bit hard.

...though "TS4" seems an illusion in this day... gave us all that concept art, and for what? "Haze" and to be bought by Crytek... shame...
i agree completely ts4 is just something whispered on the edges of the gamer realm and if ts4 does come out crytek seriously better not screw me around because if it's a letdown .. ill hurt people lol i probz wont but still you can all imagine how upset i will be

anyone thats played timesplitters as a kid ... you have anger problems.. am i right.. OF COURSE im right after failing challenge after challenge after challenge or just gettin gold not platinum ahh the timesplitters 2 storyline really confused me though anyone care to help a brother out

RAKais

Jan 14, 2009
Timesplitters had probably the most entertaining and fun multiplayer experience i have EVER played.
I know it will eventually be released for the consoles and my god online is going to be amazing.

I wasted so much time on TS3.

Played for over a weeks worth of time, 35000 kills... *sniff*

Ghost was my fav character.

*nostalgia*

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Timesplitters 2 was my favourite game of the last generation, it was simply fantastic. So much to do, I never even unlocked all the characters.
I loved how all the characters had slightly different attributes in multiplayer, the co-op game play and the great difficulty level given.
3 was a bit of a let down though. Shame really.

saejox

Mar 4, 2009
You might wanna check that out. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timesplitters_4
Timesplitters 4 is under development. It uses cryengine2 which has been used in crysis

Ranooth

BEHIND YOU!!
Mar 26, 2008
saejox said:
You might wanna check that out. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timesplitters_4
Timesplitters 4 is under development. It uses cryengine2 which has been used in crysis
Its been like that for a very long time (and i still drool at the concept art).
But to be fair Crytek would be idiots not to continue the Timesplitters franchise. Timesplitters on one of the CryEngines would be awesome, great story and humour coupled with great and innovative visuals and landscapes is a win in my books.

Siris

Everyone's Favorite Transvestite
Jan 15, 2009
Johnnyallstar said:
MUAH! Jumping? What a crazy idea!

TS2 is still my favorite