Let's Talk About Booze:

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Do ya drink, what do ya like to drink, how do ya mix your drink?

I've been enjoying myself some Banana Rum and Pecan Praline Whiskey as of late, both of which seem to do rather well in milk.

Anyone else want to talk about alcoholic stuff?

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Wild Turkey preferably with ginger ale. Pepsi is second. Diet is a necessary because sugar affects me more than alchohol.

I also have two kids... so drinking isnt a priority like it used to

Apr 17, 2009
Still of the opinion that beer tastes gross so ciders are my usual choice if I'm going for a pint, a Kopparberg or Rekorderlig maybe or whatever they've got on tap. If I'm feeling wealthy I'll go for a dark rum with coke.
My personal stash is mostly stocked with mead at the moment. I adore the stuff and the Christmas markets were full of bottles of it this year

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
I get drunk. I get hung over. Even the first couple of drinks of the night can determine the course. They were big ones.

I like to make White Russians because they're easy and cheap.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
I lllliked er triing dah plunnng innuh llllarng 'ooohl burghhbll whudda haaln reeeoon daffrughblllttkkrrr

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Cider and wine mostly. I have coeliac disease so I can't drink most beer, but I never liked it that much even before I was diagnosed, so it's no longer great loss.

DarthCoercis

May 28, 2016
Vodka with lemon iced tea is my go-to, occasionally with a splash of soda water. Unless it's a social occasion, when I'll usually have a cider.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
I don't drink but I'd like to give some stuff a shot. You guys got any suggestions for someone that wants taste over simply getting shitfaced?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Leg End said:
I don't drink but I'd like to give some stuff a shot. You guys got any suggestions for someone that wants taste over simply getting shitfaced?
Rose wine is really good if you want taste. There is also the different flavors of Seagrams.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I tend to just drink beer, my favorite type is hefeweizen.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Baffle2 said:
trunkage said:
I also have two kids... so drinking isnt a priority like it used to

That's the opposite of how I envisage parenthood.
At the moment, one is waking up at 4am. Everyday. And he's not old enough to look after himself. I've never had a hangover so that's not an issue. But alcohol does make me tired and I probably shouldn't be drunk looking after a kid

Hopefully, in a few years it will be different when he can look after himself in the morning

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Saelune said:
I like a virgin Rum & Coke.
The only thing virgins should be involved in is sacrifices to the Volcano Monkey God Hamamrambu.

Jokes aside, I just prefer a glass of whisky over ice. Mix drinks are great and all, but so many calories and loads of extra sugar.
Fun fact though, since I'm in culinary school currently, intoxication is an allergic reaction in your brain. The more drunk you get, closer to pass out, is your brain slowly shutting down from an allergic reaction to the chemicals in the drink. That's what a hangover is - basically the body thought it was going to die and needs to do a hard reboot.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I rarely if ever drink, but when I do it's usually Baileys, which recently I was told is a ladies drink, but then I also sit down peeing.

DarthCoercis

May 28, 2016
Leg End said:
Ciders and cocktails, they always go for flavour over impact. Be care with Long Island Iced Teas though, they're deceptively strong.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Casual Shinji said:
I rarely if ever drink, but when I do it's usually Baileys, which recently I was told is a ladies drink, but then I also sit down peeing.
It is a ladies' drink, but a very very nice one, especially in winter. Absolutely massive number of calories though.