Lifting Masks = Back to Getting Down With The Sickness

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Chemotherapy can save your life in the right circumstances, but that doesn't mean you should use it just because.
One prof of pharmacology I know had a routine where he asked students to imagine a medieval torturer: any idiot can inflict pain, the real skill was knowing just how much pain and damage could be inflicted without killing the victim so they could keep the torture going a long time. And thus, chemotherapy.

Reactions: Dalisclock

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Well the biggest problem is they're self medicating with animal grade and dose Ivermectin. Supposedly there is enough going on with IVM that warrants study for use outside it's intended use as an anti-parasitic, but definitely with human grade IVM in controlled environments.
Almost like they need to do fucking studies and tests, and establish a basis of scientific evidence before people start shoving it in their bodies. You know, like they've been doing with the very concept of vaccines for what, almost a century now? And for the various, clearly effective vaccines that have been used to stop pretty much every seriously deadly virus that has plagued humanity in that time. But you know, all that evidence is just fake news, the 2 posts on facebook, and a handful of studies that show some results above statistical averages is enough for everyone to start chugging horse de-wormer!

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Almost like they need to do fucking studies and tests, and establish a basis of scientific evidence before people start shoving it in their bodies. You know, like they've been doing with the very concept of vaccines for what, almost a century now?
Remember: the rationale of the IVM camp is that if only they'd shower the health system with human covid formulations, the problem would go away because then the people wouldn't need to get hold of the animal grade stuff.

This is the mindset of a zealot. They don't need evidence to believe, because they already know.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
I only bring this up because of my longstanding hatred of the liberal press and making things harder. A lot of articles that could be very informative lead off with imprecise information. Namely that Ivermectin is an animal medicine. It's a small thing, but Ivermectin is a medicine that is commonly used for animals here in the developed world because there's rarely a need for it in humans.

But a ton of articles lead off with calling it an animal medicine and it gives something for these kind of people to latch onto, because the press is technically incorrect in saying it. Even if people are self medicating with animal grade IVM, these people are actually aware there's human grade IVM and would prefer it, which is why it's basically sold out here. But if you want to tell these people now to not do that, they're just going to say that everyone lies in saying it's animal medicine and as far as most articles on the issue are concerned, this is true. I am aware that in the mind of a zealot they can justify anything they damn well want, but handing them actual facts in their favor is still a terrible idea.

Reactions: Seanchaidh

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
The author
A quick search tells me that J. Bart Classen has appropriate qualifications and a track record in the field, but that track record involves polarised views believed poorly supported or untrue. He has not published for about 10 years - or at least, not in journals sufficiently reputable to be found on mainstream databases such as PubMed - and his publishing record has been poor for much longer. "Classen Immunotherapies", the company he is affiliated with, appears to be little more than a name without a website and no significant function, this is also not good. This indicates he should be regarded as an author of questionable expertise and reliability.
He was also responsible for this -

A research article making the rounds online claims that the COVID-19 vaccine could cause diseases like Alzheimer’s. Don’t believe it.

In the article, published in the journal Microbiology & Infectious Diseases in January, J. Bart Classen wrote that components of the coronavirus vaccines may cause the misfolding of proteins associated with Alzheimer’s and Lou Gehrig’s disease, also known as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
People like this are terrorists.

Reactions: Agema and CM156

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
He was also responsible for this -

In the article, published in the journal Microbiology & Infectious Diseases in January, J. Bart Classen wrote that components of the coronavirus vaccines may cause the misfolding of proteins associated with Alzheimer’s and Lou Gehrig’s disease, also known as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
Ooh, evidently another bogus journal. How exciting!

You realise what they're doing with those donations they get people to give them, right? They're paying $2000 a pop for scam publishers to put this shit online.

Although frankly, if you want to see a masterpiece of sheer, unadulterated drivel in a predatory publisher, I recommend:

This is brilliant because you don't even need significant knowledge of opioids, equianalgesia, or even chemistry and biology to see how bad it is. The abstract is purest gibberish. But just sample the joys of the Introduction, whereby the author explains the background context of his work assessing the impact of chemical structure on the biological activity of opioids:

"Background theory is frameworks made by Scientists great in their work and publish, from Pythagoras, Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, Galileo, Newton, Einstein, and Hawking. Their treaties of magnificent constitution to the church and academic institutions, following literature of ethics to morality and judgement. Political systems combined and global structures of knowledge set the background to chemistry, chemical sciences, and chemical engineering. To formulate mind-set made in concepts of modern understanding in medical reality (Figure 1)"

I mean, shit. He didn't even name any chemists or biologists in that list of scientists, never mind mention opioids.

Reactions: CM156 and Kwak

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
School boards and councils are ripe for the taking, and even when they're not, those filled positions can be harassed until they abandon them: these people are being tactically encouraged to do so and they are complying like obedient soldiers. Frustrating and severely despairing how they're so much more organised for aggressively taking power at every opportunity than any left wing movement can seem to muster lately. There's no hope. Only a smattering of options to ensure the end is as quick and as painless as possible.

At a Sunday rally against masks and vaccines, aspiring Pennsylvania politician Steve Lynch issued an ultimatum to school board members who vote to require masks.

“I’m going in with 20 strong men,” Lynch, the Republican nominee in the upcoming Northampton county executive, told the crowd. “I'm going to speak to the school board and I'm going to give them an option. They can leave or they can be removed. And then after that we’re going to replace them with nine parents and we’re going to vote down the mask mandates that evening. ”

As the school year returns, alongside a surge in COVID-19 cases, school board meetings have become hotspots for a national debate on mask and vaccine requirements. The pressure has seen pro-mask and at least one anti-mask board member resign in frustration. Elsewhere, mask opponents have made clear their intent to force school board members out of office via recall votes, pseudo-legal “overthrows,” or old-fashioned intimidation.

Lynch, a political newcomer who lists himself on LinkedIn as the owner of “Keystone Alternative Medicine And Weight Loss,” is running a Trump-esque campaign to become his county’s next executive. He attended the rally that preceded the Jan. 6 Capitol attack, and claims to have been contacted by the FBI about the day’s events, but denies any wrongdoing and has not been accused of a crime. (Neither he nor his campaign returned requests for comment on Monday.) Much of his recent campaign in the narrowly Democratic-leaning district has focused on COVID-19 measures—specifically masks in schools.

Lynch’s Sunday speech, at a Harrisburg “Freedom Rally,” appeared to call for the physical removal of school board members. Elsewhere during his speech, he suggested that Donald Trump’s opponents had “weaponized” COVID against the former president and that they should be jailed and/or tried for treason. (The rally was part of an international string of events promoted by a far-right coalition.)

Northampton County executive Lamont McClure, whom Lynch is attempting to unseat, blasted Lynch’s aggressive comments.

“Lynch is an insurrectionist who’s been investigated by the FBI for his activities on January 6,” McClure told The Daily Beast. “I think it is a legitimate concern for the safety of the people of the Northampton Area School Board that we make sure law enforcement is aware.” (Representatives for the school board did not return requests for comment.)

Pennsylvania’s two statewide teacher unions have called for mask requirements, echoing a recommendation by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

"Masking up is essential to keeping in-person learning going all year," Rich Askey, president of the Pennsylvania State Education Association, said earlier this month. "If we're going to be able to keep our schools open for in-person instruction all year, we need to make the right decisions now."

Still, Lynch has spent the past week threatening to unseat the Northampton school board for its recent decision to require protective face masks.

“I'm going after the school boards with masking and much much more. Northampton School board I'm coming for you and so are many other parents,” Lynch wrote on Facebook last week. “You are going to be removed and I'm not going to stop fighting until you're removed. You wannabe tyrants are going to learn real quick who holds the power!”

He has since moved on to promoting a Tuesday demonstration against the school, at a yet-undisclosed location, to minimize counter-protests.

In a Facebook Live video he made while driving on Monday morning, Lynch called for assistance from lawyers and for crowds to remove the school board.

“Depending on how hard they want to dig their heels in, we have to have the legal standing to remove them,” he said in the video. “That’s where the attorneys come in. And this is where the presence of the—we have got to show up at the school board meeting with massive—it’s the same thing I’m calling for when we’re talking about these health care rallies. The numbers are—having the numbers there present, to be there physically makes all the difference in the world because then they realize ‘oh my gosh, this is not going away, this is intolerable, the people won’t tolerate this any longer.’”

At one point in the video, he claimed to support the rights of individual students who wished to wear masks. “If you’re somebody who really believes in this and the fear is so high, well then social distance, just do that,” he said.

Just last Thursday, however, he shared a post urging local parents to tell their children to unmask during school.

“Northampton highschool kids will be banning together and pulling their M's off on the first day!

Tell your Northampton HS kid to join in Let's get this going in all School Districts for Middle and High School kids. Power in numbers,” he wrote, noting elsewhere in the post that “compliance is the problem.”

Although none of the school board officials in Northampton have resigned, others across the country have stepped down in recent weeks, citing a new culture of harassment related to mask debates, the Associated Press reports. Among them are three board members of one Wisconsin district, including a former educator who said his work had become “toxic and impossible to do.” A board member in a Nevada district said a wave of abuse, largely from people who did not even have students enrolled in the district, had left him considering suicide. “I was constantly looking over my shoulder,” he wrote in his resignation letter.

The resignations are not limited to pro-mask board members. In Michigan, a board member resigned after voting against a mask mandate in a 4-3 vote. “It’s coming between friendships,” he said of the debate, according to WLNS6. “It's coming between everything, and I’m done.”

Virginia parents have tried their own tactics against school board members, issuing a petition to recall a Fairfax County school board member who moved to shut down in-person classrooms during the pandemic’s first wave. A judge dismissed their case this month, calling the petition’s allegations untrue.

In Buncombe County, North Carolina, meanwhile, a recent school board meeting turned to chaos when outbursts at a predominantly anti-mask crowd led board members to end the meeting. Mask opponents then tried to “overthrow” the board, signing a piece of paper declaring themselves the district’s new officials.

McClure, Lynch’s opponent, said he’d alerted law enforcement to Lynch’s comments. The remarks, McClure said, were genuinely concerning, but not representative of his county as a whole.

“I think you see the mask debate playing out here the way it is through most of the country,” McClure said. “A minority, but a very vocal minority, opposes the mask mandates. The vast majority approves of mask mandates. But Lynch, who participated in the failed coup on January 6 understands that you have the potential to incite violence. He needs to stop the thuggery now.”

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
A lot of articles that could be very informative lead off with imprecise information. Namely that Ivermectin is an animal medicine.
Okay, this is tricky. There's fine detail of what "medicine" means, because it's not totally synonymous with drug. "Drug" would tend to mean just the active chemical, but "medicine" would more refer to the whole pharmaceutical formulation, active chemical plus whatever else for delivery. In that sense, with the context that people are procuring ivermectin formulations for animals because so few medical doctors are prescribing the human formulations, it is technically correct to say people are taking animal medicine.

However, I would agree that there is room for misunderstanding - particularly as these are distinctions that I suspect most of the people writing the articles don't understand and at least some of them are going to flub it.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Okay, this is tricky. There's fine detail of what "medicine" means, because it's not totally synonymous with drug. "Drug" would tend to mean just the active chemical, but "medicine" would more refer to the whole pharmaceutical formulation, active chemical plus whatever else for delivery. In that sense, with the context that people are procuring ivermectin formulations for animals because so few medical doctors are prescribing the human formulations, it is technically correct to say people are taking animal medicine.

However, I would agree that there is room for misunderstanding - particularly as these are distinctions that I suspect most of the people writing the articles don't understand and at least some of them are going to flub it.
Indeed, also even more info to add to my collection of trivia. But yes, the idea is these articles say or imply that IVM is only for animals.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Indeed, also even more info to add to my collection of trivia. But yes, the idea is these articles say or imply that IVM is only for animals.
The IVM these people are taking is only for animals; that's the point. Considering that even IVM formulated for humans is not approved for anything beyond certain parasite infections, anyone using, advocating for, or selling IVM as a legitimate COVID-19 prophylactic or treatment is "following the science" as much as people doing the same with bleach or homeopathy.

Reactions: CM156

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
The IVM these people are taking is only for animals; that's the point. Considering that even IVM formulated for humans is not approved for anything beyond certain parasite infections, anyone using, advocating for, or selling IVM as a legitimate COVID-19 prophylactic or treatment is "following the science" as much as people doing the same with bleach or homeopathy.

Yes, they are taking animal IVM that is only for animals, but IVM itself as a drug is not only for animals. The problem is people writing or implying it is giving ammo to the people taking horse IVM by muddying the water on it.

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
And this is what I'm talking about:

Both headlines are actual lies, so people who might be unsure or barely on the side IVM are going to be led further into that world by outright and obvious lies. Possibly to the point of taking actual animal grade IVM because "there's a dose that's good for humans, I can figure it out".

Generals

Elite Member
May 19, 2020

Both headlines are actual lies, so people who might be unsure or barely on the side IVM are going to be led further into that world by outright and obvious lies. Possibly to the point of taking actual animal grade IVM because "there's a dose that's good for humans, I can figure it out".
Ok aside the misleading use of "Horse Drug", what the hell? Judges can force hospitals/doctors to give certain treatments?!

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Ok aside the misleading use of "Horse Drug", what the hell? Judges can force hospitals/doctors to give certain treatments?!
If you were legally prescribed <x>, would you want hospitals to be able to block that treatment on their own ethics?

Like, outside of this bullshit "cure"; contraceptives, hormone treatments, emergency abortion care, etc

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
To be fair, it's almost definitely the case that Rogan is also lying, given he needs to be Mr. Controversial all the time.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country

And ignores the actual treatment most likely to have been effective.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013

I never understand the logic of anti-vaxxers. Not saying Joe Rogan is anti-vax per se but he refuses the covid vaccine which went through all the necessary clinical trials and have proven to be safe and effective with marginal chance of serious side effects because of...reasons, but when he inevatibly actually catch the covid he has no problem gobbling up a cocktail of cloned white blood cells for emergency use, a potent antibiotic to probably mitigate the chance of secondary bacterial infection to his lungs and then serve it up with horse medicine even if the FDA says this is completely pointless and actually harmful.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
The worst part is that to see the lies but also find the truth requires a certain amount of unkindness. People see the lies, plenty will see and go "those people were obviously taking human doses, why are they lying?" And when you ask "why are they lying", the answer is "to get more outrage clicks cause that's what's profitable", and most people don't want to be that cynical. At least if it's a top down conspiracy, you're only passing judgment on some imaginary evil overlords trying to hide the truth. Understanding that it's just because making people angry makes money requires a certain amount of judgment at not just the news, but also all the people addicted to wrath. Which isn't a great feeling.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Not saying Joe Rogan is anti-vax per se but he refuses the covid vaccine which went through all the necessary clinical trials and have proven to be safe and effective with marginal chance of serious side effects because of...reasons....
"Liberals want me to get the vaccine. Liberals are evil. Therefore, the vaccine is evil."

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
then serve it up with horse medicine even if the FDA says this is completely pointless and actually harmful.
Stop it.

To be fair, it's almost definitely the case that Rogan is also lying, given he needs to be Mr. Controversial all the time.
That I can believe. I wouldn't at all be surprised if he's actually vaccinated, got the sniffles, then made a talkshow out of it.