Lifting Masks = Back to Getting Down With The Sickness

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
And of course we reached this point now.

This reminds me of reading a book by Cixin Liu (The Three Body Problem?) It has a section where a Chinese physics lecturer is assailed by students during the Cultural Revolution because some of the science he teaches does not meet their ideological expectations, and so they basically hold a kangaroo court and beat him to death.

One can complain about the elites, sure: but mobs are not a great way to decide scientific issues, either.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I always knew Joe Rogan was screwed up in the head. It's why I really never listen to his podcast that much and chose to deliberately ignore them. That Ohio judge needs to be fired. The FDA just said humans shouldn't take it and the judge acts as if he knows better. No Saint George signed off on that. Either that judges a friend of a friend, or those are some distant relatives of his or hers.
Joe Rogan strikes me as a bit of a prick.

But there's a fundamental problem here that most people who get covid survive. And everyone one of these people who catches covid, doses themselves up with weird, ineffectual medications and survives is going to come out the far end saying "Thank god I took that drug, otherwise just think how bad it could have been!" That's cognitive bias 101.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
It's not called a Death Cult for nothing
If they want to die that badly, then they can shoot themselves, hang themselves, or take a bunch of pills in their homes and private areas. Just leave everyone else out of it. I am not one for advocating suicide but just leave people the hell alone, if you want to die that badly.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Joe Rogan strikes me as a bit of a prick.

But there's a fundamental problem here that most people who get covid survive. And everyone one of these people who catches covid, doses themselves up with weird, ineffectual medications and survives is going to come out the far end saying "Thank god I took that drug, otherwise just think how bad it could have been!" That's cognitive bias 101.
Only for them to turn around and get sick again and try to act like it's not a big deal. And then they die, only to spread it even further without caring about the consequences, or thinking God or whatever else is "looking out for them". I remember my dad seeing an interview of a lady that got covid three different times from doing the same bull crap and, and the news reporter interviewing her, asked her what happened she got it a four-time. And the best she can do is a "I don't know" shrug. From what my dad described, she seen completely clueless and didn't care about the consequences. It was like she barely cared about her own death nor what the consequences are of those around her that get infected nor her loved ones. That is what disgusts me so much. It's like they don't want to get sick, but then they do just to be Petty or just to screw other people over so they can feel like they're in a small ones in charge or the smartest person in the room.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
The FDA just said humans shouldn't take it
No they haven't and that's the point of my post. The FDA said not to take animal grade medicines and that IVM is not approved for COVID treatment. I'm not going to agree with the judge, but all the judge has done is allowed a patient to dictate taking a placebo to the hospital.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
No they haven't and that's the point of my post. The FDA said not to take animal grade medicines and that IVM is not approved for COVID treatment.
Active discouragement, not incentivize, not recommended, are pretty much a no in my book and anybody with common sense. Even if it's just a placebo to those idiots, it's still not the smartest idea. They will only be making themselves worse and those around them.

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Active discouragement, not incentivize, not recommended, are pretty much a no in my book and anybody with common sense. Even if it's just a placebo to those idiots, it's still not the smartest idea. They will only be making themselves worse and those around them.
It is a difference, even if subtle. Saying the FDA said humans shouldn't take IVM is actually literally fake news. It both drives people on the fringe further into the world of alternative medicine, and is setting up for a problem later when doctors prescribe IVM to people who now won't take it because they think it's horse medicine.

Reactions: Phoenixmgs

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
It is a difference, even if subtle. Saying the FDA said humans shouldn't take IVM is actually literally fake news.
Then they're too dumb to live and delirious.

both drives people on the fringe further into the world of alternative medicine, and is setting up for a problem later when doctors prescribe IVM to people who now won't take it because they think it's horse medicine.
And the dumb fuck nuts should start reading labels or going to actual medical/CDC websites and not this Hocus pocus, I know medicine, because I took alternative bull crap that "made me better" the actual vaccinations.

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Then they're too dumb to live and delirious.
No they aren't, ivermectin has a legitimate use in humans, it is a useful drug in what it does, and is prescribed to humans a whole whole lot. It's saved human lives. The FDA is not "too dumb to live and delirious" for not just blowing off IVM in it's entirety and being precise in their statements.

And the dumb fuck nuts should start reading labels or going to actual medical/CDC websites and not this Hocus pocus, I know medicine, because I took alternative bull crap that "made me better" the actual vaccinations.
But you're sitting here pushing false information.

Reactions: Phoenixmgs

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The FDA is not "too dumb to live and delirious" for not just blowing off IVM in it's entirety and being precise in their statements.
I was referring to the people who are taking stuff that doesn't work against COVID-19 or makes their condition worse. Not the FDA.

But you're sitting here pushing false information.
I hope you're joking. I didn't say that vaccines are a cure all either. But they freaking work. I'm saying that most of that "alternative" bullcrap, has no evidence or just wild and asinine speculations. Didn't that Twitter post talk about how that stuff doesn't work? Nor should it be recommended. I really hope we're talking about the same thing here. Because I feel like we're talking about two different things now.

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
I was referring to the people who are taking stuff that doesn't work against COVID-19 or makes their condition worse. Not the FDA.

I hope you're joking. I didn't say that vaccines are a cure all either. But they freaking work. I'm saying that most of that "alternative" bullcrap, has no evidence or just wild and asinine speculations. Didn't that Twitter post talk about how that stuff doesn't work? Nor should it be recommended. I really hope we're talking about the same thing here. Because I feel like we're talking about two different things now.
It said IVM is not approved for treating COVID, which is true. But the extent of that statement is that the FDA cannot guarantee that IVM will do any more than a placebo. They did NOT say that you shouldn't take IVM in any general sense, they did not say IVM is horse medicine. I imagine they don't want to stigmatize a medicine that's absolutely life saving, especially in developing nations.

My issue is that a lot of news people are consuming are conflating two positions of the FDA ("don't take horse medicine" and "IVM isn't approved for COVID treatment") for the sake of demeaning people, and it's going to stigmatize IVM in the minds of people who's lives could be saved by IVM, even if you don't care about pushing people into animal IVM use by lying to them.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

That reversal happened fast. I was not expecting that.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
IVM is horse medicine. I imagine they don't want to stigmatize a medicine that's absolutely life saving, especially in developing nations.
I know I didn't call it horse medicine. I know about those other idiots, but that's their own damn fault for poison themselves are making their conditions worse.

issue is that a lot of news people are consuming are conflating two positions of the FDA ("don't take horse medicine" and "IVM isn't approved for COVID treatment") for the sake of demeaning people, and it's going to stigmatize IVM in the minds of people who's lives could be saved by IVM, even if you don't care about pushing people into animal IVM use by lying to them.
Okay then.

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
I know I didn't call it horse medicine. I know about those other idiots, but that's their own damn fault for poison themselves are making their conditions worse.

Okay then.
The FDA just said humans shouldn't take it
This is what I take issue with because no they don't. In fact they say if you have a prescription, you should take it exactly as prescribed.

Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
This is what I take issue with because no they don't. In fact they say if you have a prescription, you should take it exactly as prescribed.
Look, I got family in the medical field. Very heavily I will add. I appreciate the information you are giving me, but I'll look it up myself and confirm with them. Thank you for the info.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Wasn't the whole issue with the "horse medicine" down to the fact that IVM is a controlled, by prescription only, medicine. So the pharmacies wouldn't sell it willy nilly, and some chucklefuck said "fuck it there is IVM in the livestock dewormer, that's unregulated, I'll git me own."

This makes a great example of misinformation just grabbing a basic concept and running rampant though

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Wasn't the whole issue with the "horse medicine" down to the fact that IVM is a controlled, by prescription only, medicine. So the pharmacies wouldn't sell it willy nilly, and some chucklefuck said "fuck it there is IVM in the livestock dewormer, that's unregulated, I'll git me own."

This makes a great example of misinformation just grabbing a basic concept and running rampant though
And there it is.

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008

Correct, and now a lot of the centrist media is conflating animal grade IVM with all IVM, and saying things like humans shouldn't take IVM. At which point said chucklefucks point out rather accurately that that isn't true and using the misinformation peddled by people nominally on the side of the FDA et al to justify their use of horse medicine. Because after all, if NPR is lying to you about IVM, maybe they're lying about it being dangerous and not working either?

They aren't of course, NPR (and others) just aren't doing their homework.