Lifting Masks = Back to Getting Down With The Sickness

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Testing positive twice is far from almost impossible. It's not as though immunity puts a force field around your body, it just fights off what gets inside. Getting seriously ill twice is what is incredibly rare.
He is telling us he is asymptomatic, which I think is part of why he wants a re-test but from what you write, I think it probable he is carrying it. Even with his resistance he is in the medical field and exposed enough to be carrying at this time.

> Complains about "biased" and "untrustworthy" main stream media
> Regularly links to Ann Coulter and the National Review as sources of information

🤔 🤔 🤔
NRO and bomb thrower Ann Coulter wear their positions on their sleeves. But our corporate owned MSM claim to be providing us with Olympian truth. I think that can be far more insidious.

Given what is happening to my nephew makes the linked NRO article seem all the more material for consideration.

Are you seeing this sort of topic (This could be permanent, how should we respond) broached in the MSM?

Really? The impression I got was that COVID was almost like chicken pox in terms of chances to catch a second time. I'm not saying you're wrong, or I'm right, just saying what I'd heard.
You can catch Chicken Pox a 2nd time but it is different and called "Shingles". But this, from what I'm hearing and of the "variants" suggest it will be more like a flu. If you're going to take a vaccine, you'll need a slightly different one annually.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

And here we are, arriving at the real reasoning behind anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers: They want to laugh at the people who die. They want- no, they NEED to feel superior to others, and if you die to an illness and they don't, well, they must be better than you! Ha ha, they win and you lose! And vaccines and masks are just cheating them out of victims to laugh at.

Either that, or they are such irredeemable assholes that they would laugh at a high-school kid talking about how his grandmother died.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I did have an interesting thought about the anti-vaxxers.

So....if the vaccine is indeed poison and/or population control, currently 53% of Americans have been fully vaxxed on one end and around 75% of adults have gotten one dose on the other.

So basically in X amount of time, between half to 3/4 of the American population is going to drop dead or something. So exactly how does the government benefit from this? Because I'm pretty sure losing between 50-75% of your populating is going be devastating to the economy, among other things.

Also, if these people are right, there's gonna be between 176 and 250 million dead people to clean up....and guess who gets to clean up all the bodies and then try to run everything left behind? I mean, the sheer manpower and logistics hits are gonna be astounding. This is Thanos levels of devastation, except with a lot more corpses because Thanos was at least considerate enough to clean up all the corpses.

But man, it's all part of Big Pharma and the government's plan to.....kill off millions of costumers or something. For reasons.

Or is the vaccine meant to do something worse to us, like make us all subscribe to Disney+ so Disney can own everything because China wants everything to be Woke even though China apparently doesn't like Woke and Disney isn't even particularly Woke except in extremely superficial ways.....I think I've gone crosseyed.

Last edited:

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
ITMT: NRO ponders a likely reality that Covid, like the cold and flu, is here to stay. Does that change our life styles? Should it? https://www.nationalreview.com/2021...-you-want-the-rest-of-your-life-to-look-like/
Covid very likely is here to stay. Basically, we now have both flu AND covid to do the rounds in society evermore, so double the opportunities for the vulnerable to die of pneumonia every year. Once it settles down, we can treat it like 'flu.

I was struck on a visit to Japan a few years ago (pre-covid) about people wearing masks - I assumed because they were worried about getting infected, but in fact more commonly because they are worried they might be infectious themselves. This is a habit we should learn from as part of us exercising social responsibility as individuals. There are simple measures we can do like this to make things better, at no significant cost.

Unfortunately many will not, because they think freedom comes without responsibility: "Fuck you guys I do what I want, including infecting other people with my diseases".

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

And here we are, arriving at the real reasoning behind anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers: They want to laugh at the people who die. They want- no, they NEED to feel superior to others, and if you die to an illness and they don't, well, they must be better than you! Ha ha, they win and you lose! And vaccines and masks are just cheating them out of victims to laugh at.

Either that, or they are such irredeemable assholes that they would laugh at a high-school kid talking about how his grandmother died.
They're pathetic cowards. The moment they get infected or hit with it, they'll act like victims begging for a cure or vaccine. The moment it does happen to to them, the hospitals should turn them away like they did with Candace Owens. Teach them true suffering. Make them regret everything and do some heavy damage to their inflated egos.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
The moment it does happen to to them, the hospitals should turn them away like they did with Candace Owens.
I cannot disagree enough. The minute you justify turning people away from medical care, you open the floodgates to a lot more of it: the poor, the obese, smokers... where does that end?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I cannot disagree enough. The minute you justify turning people away from medical care, you open the floodgates to a lot more of it: the poor, the obese, smokers... where does that end?
Good news, I don't care. I don't want to hear that whole stupid slippery slope argument, or the whole, "you have to be the better person". How about they be a better person more than once in their fucking lives? How about that?

I ain't talking about the poor, the obese, or smokers. I'm talking about unsympathetic, sociopathic, jackasses who don't care about anyone but themselves. It's called poetic justice and ironic karma. If you don't like it, that's your problem.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Good news, I don't care. I don't want to hear that whole stupid slippery slope argument, or the whole, "you have to be the better person". How about they be a better person more than once in their fucking lives? How about that?
Principles are principles.

Medical ethics say treat people without prejudice to their race, culture, religion, hobbies, and the extent to which they are a dickhead. Healthcare is either for everyone or it is not: the minute you think you can morally pick and choose, when your opponents cut it off for you and yours then your complaints just make you a hypocrite.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Principles are principles.

Medical ethics say treat people without prejudice to their race, culture, religion, hobbies, and the extent to which they are a dickhead. Healthcare is either for everyone or it is not: the minute you think you can morally pick and choose, when your opponents cut it off for you and yours then your complaints just make you a hypocrite.
Yeah, I know hypocratic oath and all that. But you when you cause so much harm and willing to spread false information, I lose all sympathy for that person. My mom's in the medical field. She's been a registered nurse for over 25 years, and I can already tell you, she don't feel sympathy for Candace Owens no for the jackasses that go out of that way to hurt others from dying from a disease and act as if they're invincible or they can't catch it. Especially if they keep constantly spouting and sending false or dangerous information they know is not true. I respect you and like you do, but your tears for jackasses are falling on deaf ears for me. It's one thing, if they were turned away because of race, gender, religion, or being gay or trans. It's another thing when you go out of your way to hurt people intentionally it don't care about the consequences unless something that happens to yourself. The hospitals can do what they want, but if those parents' names are ever leaked and they find out and they choose to not treat them (if they ever get infected), I'm not exactly going to be crying. I won't be jumping for joy with laughter, but I will give a satisfied smirk that's pretty much one big screw you to them. What goes around, comes around.

Last edited:

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Yeah, I know hypocratic oath and all that. But you when you call so much harm and I willing to spread false information, I lose all sympathy for it that person. My mom's in the medical field. She's been a registered nurse for over 25 years
Then she will, and you should, understand that no matter how much you hate the guts of the person lying on the hospital cot in front of you and how few tears you have to shed for them, pull your shit together and treat them to the best of your ability.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
hospital cot in front of you and how few tears you have to shed for them, pull your shit together and treat them to the best of your ability.
Yes, she has. More than she cares to count. She's retired now anyway. Me on the other hand, and she understands where I'm coming from I still have no sympathy. But she did as she was told or what was in her job description. Regardless, she has no sympathy and her attitude is more or less a "Fuck them, they made their choice". It said personal choose to be that big of an ass and foolish to the point of being too dumb to live.

Now I bet you of those parents ever got infected with the virus, they will be crying for tears and mercy. The moment that they got their vaccinations or treatments and got rid of it, they would go right back to being assholes about it and claiming how it's just a common cold or flu, or it's all about "survival of the fittest".

You can't change how I feel. You do you. The bleeding heart routine doesn't work on me, when it involves assholes who will more than willingly go out and be reckless and don't care about anyone, but themselves. These are people that will betray you at the drop or a hat or backstab you the moment you're no longer need it. Or at worse, do the same exact thing again and learn nothing like some people had with these are people that have gotten covid or gotten it multiple times and they did not follow any of the procedures and shows act like ignorant jackasses or apathetic, careless, jerks. Keep that in mind.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
I was struck on a visit to Japan a few years ago (pre-covid) about people wearing masks - I assumed because they were worried about getting infected, but in fact more commonly because they are worried they might be infectious themselves. This is a habit we should learn from as part of us exercising social responsibility as individuals. There are simple measures we can do like this to make things better, at no significant cost.
Not to diminish your point, but masks should be the backup plan. If you have respiratory symptoms that you think are contagious, plan A should be to stay home, which may by why masks have such a presence in Japan, a culture where people are ashamed to take a day off. I'm not tossing my masks out by any means, and intend to use them indefinitely into the future should I have to go somewhere while sick, but it's a lot more effective to not go out at all.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Not to diminish your point, but masks should be the backup plan. If you have respiratory symptoms that you think are contagious, plan A should be to stay home, which may by why masks have such a presence in Japan, a culture where people are ashamed to take a day off. I'm not tossing my masks out by any means, and intend to use them indefinitely into the future should I have to go somewhere while sick, but it's a lot more effective to not go out at all.
I'm not sure the USA and UK are any better than Japan in terms of being expected to work come hell or high water. Except it's not so much employees being ashamed to take a day off as them being paid-by-the-hour gig workers who can't afford to, or employers readily becoming threatening if they do.

Last edited:

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Yeah, I know hypocratic oath and all that. But you when you call so much harm and I willing to spread false information, I lose all sympathy for it that person. My mom's in the medical field. She's been a registered nurse for over 25 years, and I can already tell you, she don't feel sympathy for Candace Owens no for the jackasses that go out of that way to hurt others from dying from a disease and act as if they're invincible or they can't catch it. Especially if they keep constantly spouting and sending false or dangerous information they know is not true. I respect you and like you do, but your tears for jackasses are falling on deaf ears for me. It's one thing, if they were turned away because of race, gender, religion, or being gay or trans. It's another thing when you go out of your way to hurt people intentionally it don't care about the consequences unless something that happens to yourself. The hospitals can do what they want, but if those parents' names are ever leaked and they find out and they choose to not treat them (if they ever get infected), I'm not exactly going to be crying. I won't be jumping for joy with laughter, but I will give a satisfied smirk that's pretty much one big screw you to them. What goes around, comes around.
If I may quote a certain Paladin, “Don’t weep for the stupid; you’ll be crying all day”. However, Agema is correct and doctors and nurses are bound by medical ethics to provide treatment if they are able. It’s easy to uphold our principles when everything’s coming up Millhouse. It’s the times where confronted by people like Candace Owens that the true measure of a physician’s dedication is tested.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
If I may quote a certain Paladin, “Don’t weep for the stupid; you’ll be crying all day”.
Alexander Anderson, abridged version. That is correct, I don't weep for the stupid.

However, Agema is correct and doctors and nurses are bound by medical ethics to provide treatment if they are able. It’s easy to uphold our principles when everything’s coming up Millhouse.
I do have my principles regardless, but I have my own fucking patience and limits!

It’s the times where confronted by people like Candace Owens that the true measure of a physician’s dedication is tested.
Like I said before, the hospitals can do whatever they want. If they decide to accept or deny and others liker Owens away, I won't judge. But keep in mind, most people like Owens won't learn a fucking thing, even if they get the treatment or cured. They'll go right back to their nasty attitude and do the whole "the virus is not that serious, the vaccinations do nothing, or I'm strong and everyone else is weak". So fuck all of them, and may they be dragged to the deepest, darkest pits, of Junko's despair. Despair for the conceited.

And they can avoid all of that by just being a better person and not expecting everyone else that already has common sense and decency. When they actually learn to do that, then we might have an actual conversation with those worthless hides.

Last edited:

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Like I said before, the hospitals can do whatever they want. If they decide to accept or turn her and others liker Owens away, I won't judge. But keep in mind, most people like Owens won't learn a fucking thing, even if they get treatment or cured. They'll go right back to their nasty attitude do the whole "the virus is not that serious, the vaccinations do nothing, or I'm strong and everyone else is weak". So fuck all of them, and may they be dragged to the deepest, darkest pits, of Junko's despair. Despair for the conceited.
I mean, she did that as she was complaining about the private clinic not sending somebody to her hotel to test her.

The arrogance is mind boggling

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I mean, she did that as she was complaining about the private clinic not sending somebody to her hotel to test her.

The arrogance is mind boggling
Oh, a lot of these people are entitled as fuck. They just like to pretend they aren't because that's the way liberals are and they aren't liberals, so they're good.

Reactions: BrawlMan