Lifting Masks = Back to Getting Down With The Sickness

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I've also met people who believe people should be conscripted/drafted to "teach people to love the US/teach discipline" but also scream about mask/vaccine mandates, so it's okay to force people into the military(where they're have to wear a mask/get vaxxed) but not okay to tell people to wear a mask/get vaxxed.
Notice how they say other people should be forced to serve in the military. Not themselves. It's a sure bet that a high percentage of people who want mandatory conscription never served, and believe that they'd be able to get out of it themselves.

These people would have been worse than useless in World War II. "Hey, why should I have to go fight the Nazis? They didn't kill anyone I know!"

Reactions: Dalisclock

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
These people would have been worse than useless in World War II. "Hey, why should I have to go fight the Nazis? They didn't kill anyone I know!"
Especially in US-centric education, it largely gets ignored, but up until the Pearl Harbor Attack, this was a very prevalent attitude in the US. Roosevelt and co encountered significant opposition for their overt support of the Allies.

Reactions: Dalisclock

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
Which is funny because a bunch of health care workers in New York have resigned because of not getting vaccinated. There is a brand new thread about this now.

So here's the thing. If health care workers, presumably the people under the most stress from dealing with Covid, are not willing to get the shot. Then why would the general public feel like they should get the shot.

This isn't the same thing as immunizations for kids going to school. For starters those shots against Polio, TB, and other illness are immunization shots NOT vaccines. And on top of that, these are shots that have been tested and proven over decades to be safe and effective. The Covid shot, isn't effective, isn't tested, and was rushed out the door.

Secondly the whole idea behind the Covid shot was to be able to go out again, you're vaccinated it's cool, go out, no more masking, enjoy life again. Except....oh well we still have to wear fucking masks everywhere, and various states (the left ones) have mandates in place that make getting the shot serve no purpose. Plus the news keeps saying shit like, "Even if you are vaccinated you can infect others, and you can still get covid on top of that." Sure you can make the argument that you get a weaker smack in the face from the virus if you've had the shot. But you're talking about people who've been through the whole pandemic and haven't gotten covid at all, and asking them to purposefully expose themselves to the virus in vaccine form.

On top of even that. Reports have come out that say that if you got real covid, you are like 80% more immune to covid than anyone vaccinated with vaccine juice.

With all this how can anyone be surprised that people aren't willing to bother with a shot that doesn't seem to offer much upside? And even the important people, the people most exposed to this virus are also ignoring the vaccine.

All for a virus that has an extremely low risk rate for the vast majority of people. A rate which will decline further and further as medical experts figure out more and more effective treatments for the damn thing.

Government can demand all they want, but so long as the messaging continues to be mixed and contradictory you are just not going to win anyone over.
Be patient with me, I'm trying to make sure I understand you correctly.

The point you're making is that since Healthcare workers should feasibly know better than us, we should take this walk out in protest to forced vaccinations as meaningful? Is that your premise?

You are aware that Healthcare workers are humans, correct? That they are subject to the same biases and stupidity as any other human. It's the exact reason as why as when I was a personal trainer, I often saw doctors as the most obese, slovenly, and simply deconditioned members of the club. They have the knowledge. They know what it will do to their longevity.... but they still choose to live their live according to everything countering their education and recommendations they would give to their patients.

The same way as if Police were really concerned about keeping the peace, they wouldn't care about having body cams. Or if parents really cared about their children's future, they would happily pay more taxes so their children's schools would be better suited to handle their education. Or how if Americans truly valued this land as they proclaim, they would look for alternative fuels and look to protect more of our natural land instead of doing whatever they want because they are free and this is what freedom means. The world is awash with people who are supposed to be 'in the know' who ignore it to do whatever they want.

Why did these healthcare workers walk? Hint, it wasn't for the well-being of their patients. It was selfish reasons. And honestly, I don't know if you want to tout an act of self serving agenda as a 'gotcha' moment. It doesn't have the same impact that you want it to have.

And if we are going to just talk about what healthcare workers do, I do have to ask is their political stunt any more or less important than this one?

Look. Healthcare workers have done something. Must be right and we do what they say, right?

And frankly, you people really need to know the background of people you're talking to. You do remember my mother passed last year of covid. And my grandfather. Two aunts. An Uncle. Four distant relatives. A cousin who has trouble breathing to this day.

I have coworkers who have family members who unfortunately lost the babies they were carrying due complications of their covid. A close co-worker of mine had it sideline her entire family. Her father actually has progressively gotten worse.

All for a virus that continually mutates and gets worse over time. You made it out unscathed, I sincerely am glad for you. Others have not. I did not.

You've purposefully misstated the issue. As long as the message is politicalized, we will still have meaningless conversations like this. To borrow a tactic for you, I'll end it with this point; If conversatives really didn't think anything is the matter, why are they constantly looking for alternatives to fight covid? Why are they constantly buying horse dewormer and the like? The Right is being purposefully obstinate. And honestly, a lot of us are just tired of coming to conservatives with facts and stats and them slapping it out of our hands, saying no, and saying the facts are now this because that's what they care to believe.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I hope they're careful. One city sent cops to threaten a teenage girl with arrest for an Instagram post saying she had COVID. They wanted to make her shut up so the city could look like they were keeping it under control.

They can't hide the information forever. Do you know what city this was in by any chance? If you want to do your actual job, help the actual people that have covid. You freaking morons.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
[/QUOTE]
I hope they're careful. One city sent cops to threaten a teenage girl with arrest for an Instagram post saying she had COVID. They wanted to make her shut up so the city could look like they were keeping it under control.

Oh yes, the "If we don't admit there's a problem, there isn't one" form of damage control.

Interesting move. Lets see if it works out for them.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
You ignored the sources.
Post the fucking sources, you won't because they don't exist.

So I'm curious about the forum's general position on the Vaccine-Mandates.

Are ya'll willing to have the government enforce people to get the vaccine in order to keep their jobs? Or you think that's a bit too far?

And at what point does it stop? Are we doomed forever to then have government mandated boosters? All for a virus that is very limiting in whom it is particularly dangerous for?

And then what's to say another government funded virus doesn't appear out of nowhere once the Covid panic fades?

I'm just curious. I'm vaccinated because the hospital made me do it to get my surgery, otherwise I would not have done it. And frankly if anyone doesn't want a vaccine that's their choice and if they get fucked by the Rona, that's the consequence of that choice. Especially with more and more information coming out that the vaccine aint as great as they said it was, because of course it wouldn't be. A normal vaccine takes years and years to perfect and even then they don't always work, how can a vaccine worked on for less than a year have any sort of lasting effect? Let alone have any side effects reasonably tested and understood?
When such a large amount of the population doesn't need the vaccine, forcing people to get it is stupid. Every other country (the entire EU, the UK, Israel) has immunity passports as they recognize the science that natural immunity is very powerful. It's really basic fucking science too because the whole reason we even had the idea to make a vaccine for anything was because natural immunity is so good and we wanted to copy that without the danger of getting infected. I wouldn't be against immunity passports but you still gotta have exemptions there as not everyone can get the vaccine (it's rare but some can't) and not letting them participate in society is bullshit.

Your "choice" killed this man. Your "choice" does not get to kill other people. Everyone who believes in your "choice" can get fucked.
Did you not see the thread about healthcare workers quitting en masse over the mandate and people couldn't get medical attention because there wasn't enough staff? Either way, you're turning people away from hospitals.

They've been around for a very long time and very few people have had a problem with them until this specific vaccine. Almost like their problem isn't with vaccines or body autonomy at all, and is actually just about out "conversative values"ing each other for boomer facebook clout.

You had to get certain vaccines to go to school. Soldiers have to get a ton of vaccines for the military. Healthcare workers and first responders have to be completely up to date on vaccinations. These are not new things.
No, it's about science. Why didn't we give vaccines for measles to people born before 1957? It's the same reason why ~100 million Americans don't need the vaccine. To act like the discussion is just over "dumb" conservatives wanting freedom is itself misinformation.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Yes, you are. Where, with appropriate and properly conducted medical consultation people are taking 000s of IUs a day that is fine, because that is a medical recommendation. For the average person on the street without a specific reason to justify it, stick to the generic guidelines which is also a medical recommendation.
Every doctor that gets people from vitamin d deficiency to sufficiency knows the recommendations are garbage. There's no harm in taking too much vitamin d. It's as risky as drinking too much water. Who cares if you drink the recommended 125 ounces of water a day or 100 or 150? Vitamin d is the same danger of drinking too much water. You've produced no data that says too much vitamin d is bad unless you take tons and tons of it.

Blah blah blah uninformed ignorant opinion blah.
Funny on how you won't respond to that Bangladesh study that YOU POSTED that says CLOTH MASKS DON'T DO ANYTHING. But I'm ignorant and you're not...

It's not my problem you can't interpret the science and don't want to listen when it is explained.
Post the DATA that says covid spreads outside in any meaningful way.

Oh my fucking god. It's like we haven't discussed this 100 times already. What is wrong with you?

Wear a mask in appropriate situations. Walking down a modestly busy street is not an environment where a mask is very unlikely to provide significant benefit. Being in an environment where people are in high density and at close proximity, the benefit it provides rise considerably - even if outside.
Again, WHERE'S THE DATA to support your opinion. How about that Bangladesh study? All you gotta do is show the data I'm wrong and you win the argument.

Whichever one you're talking about (because given all the studies mentioned over the last 18 months "that HCQ paper" is a pathetically uninformative description typical of your incompetent discussion), no, it really isn't bullshit. It just doesn't say what you like or want and you're too lazy or dishonest to read this stuff up for yourself.

Let's be clear here. You started off saying that HCQ was a wonder drug based off studies we know are largely a crock of shit, and which plenty of people even around the time pointed out were likely to be dubious. That was your cognitive bias, because you failed to exercise adequate skepticism at the start. As the science has progressed and trashed everything you've claimed on HCQ, you've since spent the last year+ moving goalposts and re-writing history to cling on to initially ill-formed opinions and pretend that you weren't just wrong, all the way. Even where you have at least assimilated some new information which disproves your own earlier claims, your dishonest attempts to pretend you weren't wrong in the first place are just pathetic. Have some fucking humility and admit you fucked up, it's not going to kill you.

And it is obvious from your ivermectin and vitamin D wankery that you learnt nothing at all from your HCQ fiasco.
The HCQ paper you posted that had like 200-300 people that showed it did nothing even though the HCQ group had less hospitalizations. Also, that bullshit all-cause mortality paper that included ICU patients, you don't give HCQ to ICU patients. I never claimed HCQ was some wonder drug, I said it looks like it helps a bit. I even said you can substitute out HCQ for quercetin, that's how little faith I had in HCQ (oh, you can just use this thing found in apples and shit and it'll probably do the same thing). I admit I was probably too high on Ivermectin though. Yet you still have no data proving that HCQ, Ivermectin and Vitamin d don't do anything. But we do have data of saying cloth masks don't do anything. If you're gonna peddle masks, then do the same with everything else that MIGHT work.

You said the smaller studies weren't big enough. I said that if there was a well done large study on something, that it would be convincing data. I'm going to go with the data that we do have until we have more data. That's on anything, the more data we get on something, the better the picture.

You're conflating the strict "final word" of scientific evidence and the evaluation of available evidence by a professional.

The scientific "proof" on ivermectin is yet to be fully determined. My professional judgement - and that of the vast majority of my peers - is that it is either a bust, or marginal. Certainly far short of FLCCC and BIRD cranks claim. I and others explain why we think that based on the data.

The fact you'd rather delude yourself that you are competent to assess the matter yourself and/or believe a bunch of anti-vaxxer-aligned cranks... well, that's your problem.
And to be banning something that we don't know works and has a very very very very amazing safety profile is something that is good? One of the more "legit" ivermectin studies that showed it didn't do much, lowered hospitalization times. Sounds just like remdesivir that did get approved, that also has a far less known safety profile. I'm against the double standards.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
You forget everyone below the age of 12. They can't get vaccinated yet. And you can't leave a 11 year old home alone to keep them away from people who may have covid.

Which is why we're having a big argument over wearing masks in schools in some states right now, because apparently keeping covid from spreading amongst the children and to their parents and grandparents. Hey Florida, didn't see you over there.

The problem with "Just take care of yourself, it doesn't matter what others do" mentality is it's a fucking virus, a couple dipshits who won't vax, won't wear masks and won't quarantine if they do get sick(for whatever reason, either because they have to work or "it's no big" deal) can be spread to so many other people. And the last 2 years have shown there's a LOT of people who don't want to follow the safety rules because "MY FREEDOM!" so the pandemic keeps on trucking with the help of the useful covidits of the world.
You forget that kids are safer from covid than the flu. Were you worried about your kids getting and spreading the flu before covid? Because not only is the flu more deadly to kids but they also spread the flu much much easier.

Also, a UK advisory panel did a risk-benefit analysis on 12-15 year old and decided to not recommend the vaccine to them because the numbers don't really make sense to.

Did they ever figure out how kids interact with Covid. Because i remember at the beginning of all of this Covid didn't really mess with kids much if at all. They couldn't get it, couldn't spread it, and it was really confusing as to why they couldn't go to school if they seemed immune from the virus almost entirely.
It's been theorized that it's about the ACE2 receptors and kids not having many as they increase as you get older. High schools showed more spread than grade schools for example.

TL;DR version: A teacher in Marin County who was not vaccinated, and occasionally removed her mask to read aloud to students, ended up spreading COVID to 22 elementary school students. It seems that while the students got infected, none of them were severely sick, most reporting headaches/fevers or a cough.
Cuz if she would've never removed her mask, none of kids would've gotten infected :rolleyes:

Also, it's pretty hard for teachers to wear masks all day and talk in them, I know 5 teachers and it's a big complaint. Try constantly talking for 5-6 hours in a mask.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Every doctor that gets people from vitamin d deficiency to sufficiency knows the recommendations are garbage.
Getting someone out of deficiency is quite a specific circumstance, though, isn't it? Think about a reservoir. The reservoir needs (let's say) 1500mm of rain a year to maintain water levels. But if there is a period of drought where the rain is much below that for several years, it will therefore be best to have a lot more than 1500mm rain in a year to replenish it.

Funny on how you won't respond to that Bangladesh study that YOU POSTED that says CLOTH MASKS DON'T DO ANYTHING. But I'm ignorant and you're not...
By "cloth mask" it means basic material akin to clothing. Surgical mask means just those cheap (usually blue) things, not something heavier duty like an N95. The study found that surgical masks made a significant difference to community spread, and cloth masks non-significant; this does not necessarily mean cloth masks don't do anything. There was also a study analysing the effectiveness of these masks at filtering out relevant particles - the surgical mask filtered 76% and the cloth mask 37%. So obviously, this suggests cloth masks are better than nothing, but fall well short of more specialised gear and may struggle to make difference.

A key element of this paper is that adherence to masks in the study averaged only 42% (up from 13%). One might wonder at what 80% adherence could manage - even with cloth masks.

So yes, you are as usual ignorant.

Post the DATA that says covid spreads outside in any meaningful way.
You have already had it explained to you how you are misunderstanding and misusing studies to make this point.

The HCQ paper you posted that...
I have already told you - at least twice - that the study you are talking about there was not using mortality as a primary outcome measure and in fact did its thing pretty well. A paper is not bullshit because you don't understand what it is doing and why.

I might remind you that this was a paper I picked because you directed me towards it. Just to refresh, you were claiming that HCQ worked in early treatment and pointed me to that godawful fraudulent website hcqmeta.com. I then selected that as one of the studies from that website that was dishonestly portrayed as showing HCQ having a useful effect when in fact the study suggests otherwise (they also abused the metrics of what the paper did to make their point). This is useful to point out, because it demonstrates how you have formed your beliefs on poor research, misunderstanding and general inadequacy. When this inadequacy has been pointed out to you, instead you have thrown an ego tantrum.

You said the smaller studies weren't big enough. I said that if there was a well done large study on something, that it would be convincing data. I'm going to go with the data that we do have until we have more data.
Haha! "The data that we do have", indeed. As above, you wouldn't be in this mess if you didn't put your trust in fantasies in the first place.

And to be banning something that we don't know works and has a very very very very amazing safety profile is something that is good? One of the more "legit" ivermectin studies that showed it didn't do much, lowered hospitalization times. Sounds just like remdesivir that did get approved, that also has a far less known safety profile. I'm against the double standards.
Again, the situation has been explained to you several times.

You yourself have (with support from Pierre Kory) argued that in a crisis, we just need to do what we can, and this applies to remdesivir too. However, unlike HCQ and IVM, remdesivir was not approved for anything, so could not even be prescribed at all outside a trial, not even off label. So, off the back of weak data, it was approved just in case it would help. But pretty much no-one uses remdesivir for covid, because it pretty much doesn't work. Likewise, no-one should be using HCQ and IVM either, because they don't seem to work either.

So there is not the inconsistency you claim there is. And anyway, what you are really trying to do here is sneak a demand for IVM in through the backdoor with whataboutism.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Latest in the UK conspiracy madness: midazolam is apparently being used to kill off ppl in care homes and maybe hospitals to bump covid death numbers or something?

Dear Editor
If anecdotal reports (1) (2) and statistics showing a positive correlation between midazolam prescriptions and deaths in the over-65s (3) are to be believed, it appears that euthanasia may have already been taking place on an illegal basis, predominantly in care homes.
Since benzodiazepines are contraindicated in Acute Pulmonary Insufficiency, risking Respiratory Depression, particularly with intravenous administration (4), the increased use of midazolam during 2020/2021 is especially concerning.
Would doctors who have not adequately physically examined patients, thereby satisfying themselves that sedation is appropriate in every case, particularly in situations which include pulmonary symptomatology, and have subsequently not adequately monitored such treatment such that respiratory failure has ensued, be guilty of medical negligence? (5)
In the current environment where ‘Telemedicine’ has disrupted doctor-patient interactions (6) yet continues to be encouraged by politicians as reported, for example, by the Telegraph, rushing into legislation authorising Assisted Dying at this point in time would surely be premature and present many opportunities for abuse.
Palliative Care is clearly vitally important. However, relief of distress, whilst sometimes inevitably leading to death, does not have as its primary intention the ending of life.
“First, Do No Harm”, has never encompassed Playing God; it has been resisted by physicians for many years and for very good reason.
Further undermining the trust of an already terrified population at this stage would surely be a step too far?

(1) Fuller A. Care homes accused of using powerful sedatives to make coronavirus victims die more quickly as use rocketed 100%. The Sun 2020 Jul 12.
(2) Interview with Funeral Director, UK: Deaths Jumped 250% When Injections Began: Lindie Naughton Interviews Funeral Director John O'Looney. BitChute 2021 Sep 5.
(3) All cause mortality by age band (65 and over), January 2020 - June 2021, vs National prescriptions issued for midazolam hydrochloride 10 ml/2 mg ampoules for injection, January 2020 - March 2021
(4) https://bnf.nice.org.uk/drug/midazolam.html#contraIndications
(5) https://www.gmc-uk.org/ethical-guidance/ethical-guidance-for-doctors/goo...
(6) https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m3603/rr

Competing interests: No competing interests

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
What is infuriating about the media and common discourse around the Jan 6th and the "Q shaman" is the absurdly incorrect assumption he has any influence whatsoever over the main conspiracy theorist base. He doesn't. He just does not... all he does is turn up at all the rallies to give attendees something interesting to look at while rambling to himself in a fake Alec Jones voice. They just don't respect or see him as a figure with any special power or knowledge, only a colourful sideshow.

Unlike Michael Flynn, however, who desperately needs taking in sooner rather than later. Him and all his snake oil sleaze chums who are intentionally trying to radicalise citizens into further action against their government through all the conspiracies!

The video opens like the trailer for a post-apocalyptic movie.

There’s doom-laden, bass-heavy music, drone footage of cars backed up as far as the eye can see, and hundreds of people queuing around the block. Then, a young girl appears on camera, looks straight down the lens, and says: “My father sacrificed for your freedom.”

But this isn’t the latest dystopian movie from Roland Emmerich. It’s a video from an event organized in Sarasota, Florida, last week, where organizers claim thousands of parents were able to get mask mandate waivers signed for their children.

No one is willing to take credit for organizing the event, which took place at a picturesque wedding location near the city of Venice, but one person who is central to the event was disgraced former national security adviser Michael Flynn.
“You can see the numbers of people that are here to learn about our health and the health tyranny we are facing in this country,” Flynn said in the video taken at the event.

It would have been difficult to miss Flynn’s presence at the event: He brought his own personal security team with him, who were photographed wearing camo gear and carrying assault rifles.

While Flynn’s presence at such an event may seem strange, the former general and QAnon icon lives just 25 minutes away in Englewood, and is part of a growing cast of pro-Trump conspiracy theorists, insurrectionists, and election truthers who call Sarasota County home.

Overstock.com founder and uber conspiracy theorist Patrick Byrne recently purchased six properties in the country, all at extremely inflated prices. Cyber Ninjas, the company with no election audit experience currently running the recount in Maricopa county, is headquartered in Sarasota County.

Charlie Kirk, head of the pro-Trump far-right group Turning Point USA, which is targeting local school boards around the country, also lives in the county. As does Florida Sen. Joe Gruthers, one of Trump’s closest political allies in the state and someone who promoted buses full of pro-Trump rioters heading to Washington on Jan. 6.

And let’s not forget Maria Zack, the conspiracy theorist who believes that the 2020 election was somehow stolen through the use of Italian military satellites. She also now lives in Sarasota County.

In the words of Chris Anderson, columnist for the Sarasota Herald Tribune, “Sarasota County has somehow become the Conspiracy Capital of the World."

As a result, local conservatives have been emboldened, launching campaigns against the teaching of critical race theory and attempting to disrupt school board meetings. The groups are currently focused on trying to overturn mask mandates, but they have their eyes set on another goal: Undermining election integrity in Sarasota County.

Last month, the Sarasota County School Board enacted a 90-day mandatory mask policy in a bid to slow the spread of COVID-19 in schools. Right-wing political and parent groups were outraged and bombarded school board meetings and held protests.

The attacks were also personal. In one private Facebook group, called “Concerned Parents of Sarasota Schools” which has 2,300 members, someone doxxed a teacher at a local school by posting her online dating profile. “Just your typical libtard. I’m surprised she doesn’t have a list of preferred pronouns.. Weirdos,” one of the group’s members wrote under the picture.

In a bid to circumvent the ban, local chiropractor Dan Busch began handing out signed mask mandate exemptions to anyone who showed up at his office.

The Sarasota School Board subsequently tightened the rules about waivers, saying they would not accept those signed by chiropractors, but would continue to accept those signed by medical doctors, osteopathic physicians, and advanced registered nurse practitioners.

As a result, pro-Trump groups like Moms for Liberty, Defend Florida, and Families 4 Freedom decided to organize last week’s event in Venice, recruiting a dermatologist and a gynacologist to sign the waivers for the children who showed up.

Despite Flynn’s claims that people attended last week’s event “to learn,” the vast majority were actually there to get mask exemptions signed for their children. According to comments in the Facebook groups that helped promote the event, up to 4,000 waivers were signed in a single day, though none of those involved would speak to VICE News in order to corroborate that number.

According to one of those involved in the event, each assessment with the children lasted just three minutes.

Chad Dion, a member of Families 4 Freedom, told VICE News that he would answer questions about the event via email. However he failed to respond to the questions and said in a message: “We have no comments to give VICE News.”

Like all the other groups, parents’ rights group Moms for Liberty, denied to VICE News that it organized the event, though messages shared by leaders of the Florida chapter of the group suggest they were closely involved in the running of the event.

The group was founded last year by Bridget Ziegler, who is a member of the Sarasota County School Board and the wife of vice chair of the Florida GOP Christian Ziergler, who organized buses for people to travel to Washington on Jan. 6.

Christian Ziegler is also the owner of Micro Targeted Media, a digital marketing company that says “we do digital and go after people on their phones.”

Bridget Ziegler, who is no longer affiliated with Moms for Liberty, said she was unaware of who organized the mass waiver signing event.

Ziegler was also involved in drafting the Parent Bill of Rights, controversial legislation that Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis signed into law in July. The law seeks to transfer more power away from government and into the hands of parents, and DeSantis cited it when he implemented a ban on school districts bringing in mask mandates.

However, a recent interpretation of the bill by a Florida court ruled that school districts did have the power to overrule parents in the case of a public health emergency.

Moms for Liberty failed to respond to requests for an interview.

The video of the mask mandate event featuring Flynn was posted on the alternative video sharing site Rumble, by a group called Defend Our Union. The group calls itself “a national network of grassroots organizations made up of citizens who love our nation” and was founded by Caroline Wetherington, who is also the founder of Women for Trump Florida.

Bypassing mask mandates is not Wetherington’s only focus right now. She is also pushing hard for a voter canvass in Sarasota County, part of a wider effort to undermine the electoral process.

And that effort is being supported by Byrne, who told his 120,000 Telegram followers that Wetherington’s campaign is “a really solid and below-the-radar way to discover and prove there's a lot of election fraud.”

Wetherington’s Defend Florida group has been working with Liz Harris, the conspiracy theorist who conducted a recent unofficial canvass in Maricopa County, Arizona despite the fact the Department of Justice said such efforts amount to voter intimidation.

There are already reports popping up in Florida of people showing up to homes unannounced and demanding voter information.

Last week one of the admins for the local Defend Florida Facebook group said: “We are seeking a new canvassing team leader in Palm Beach. If you have organizational skills and have 15-20 hours per week to help.”

Defend Our Union, and its local chapter, Defend Florida, didn’t respond to requests for comment.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Sorry, trying not to post so much now, but damn there's just too much chudbuggery going on. Wtf Ohio???

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Latest in the UK conspiracy madness: midazolam is apparently being used to kill off ppl in care homes and maybe hospitals to bump covid death numbers or something?
Midazolam is administered as part of palliative care (for anxiety / distress). It is true that it is not going to do wonders for lung function as it's a mild respiratory depressant. But it seems odd to pick on midazolam when the same palliative care guidelines include a much more effective respiratory depressant: opioids such as morphine.

One would hope Janet Menage, GP (retired), might have bothered to check that. However, one might also note that Janet Menage, GP (retired) also thinks 5G is dangerous and covid has been used by the government for totalitarian control.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde