Lifting Masks = Back to Getting Down With The Sickness

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
What masks does like everyone wear...? CLOTH MASKS!!!
Speak for yourself. Most people round my part of the world are using surgical masks, not cloth masks.

You do know that recommendations don't mean they are scientifically right, right?
Yes. More below.

I KEEP ASKING FOR DATA FOR OUTDOOR TRANSMISSION OR MASKS OR WHATEVER
YOU'VE BEEN GIVEN DATA. YOU JUST IGNORE IT OR SELCTIVELY INTERPET IT IN FAVOUR OF WHAT YOU WANT TO BELIEVE.

But seeing as I'm a nice person, here's another one.

Thus a thorough reading of the science by competent people would see that outdoors infection is still a significant potential risk in numerous circumstances and taking reasonable precautions is warranted. Hence the recommendations.

I literally showed the video of Zelenko talking about HCQ, he literally said HCQ doesn't stop covid replication.
And I literally posted in one of the covid threads for you a scientific paper by Zelenko where he proposed an antiviral mechanism for HCQ for covid.

I never stated HCQ stops/slows viral replication.
This is not true, as you most definitely did cite this mechanism, even if for HCQ in conjunction with zinc. Secondly - and this has been pointed out to you before - the fact that you were not citing an antiviral mechanism for HCQ back then was due to your unfamiliarity with the science. In fact, the early studies were overwhelmingly proposing this as a mechanism, and the fact you hadn't picked up on that suggests nothing more than your ignorance.

If something doesn't work, I'm sure there's proof of it not working, right? Why can't you admit that you don't know if ivermectin works?
Can you not read, or do you just not remember? I have said multiple times that whilst we do not know absolutely, the state of current evidence makes it look very underwhelming.

The downside of trying ivermectin is basically as bad as the downside of trying masks.
Masks do not cause stuff like nausea, diarrhoea, hypotension, and potential neurotoxicity. So no, the downsides aren't even close to as bad.

And many countries have given out ivermectin, are there any more dead in those countries than US/UK? Nope.
The profoundly idiotic nature of this argument speaks for itself.

Until ivermectin is proven not to work, then there shouldn't be derogatory claims against. Instead of being rational and saying something very reasonable like "ivermectin might work or might not work, and we don't have any good data on it, but it is very safe" so a doctor and patient can talk about it and decide on a case-by-case basis to prescribe.
Doctors are under no obligation to just give patients whatever the patients want (imagine how addicts would have a field day). Thus many doctors, consistent with good medical practice, decline to hand out drugs which have adverse effects and may even be potentially toxic when they provide no benefit. There are crank doctors out there happy to hand out useless or dangerous drugs on demand (hence the deaths of people like Michael Jackson or Heath Ledger). People can go find one of them if they really want, but that should not place an onus on any other doctor to do the same.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020

Anti-vaxxers tore down a mobile COVID-19 testing tent in Manhattan on Monday during a protest against New York City’s vaccine requirements for public school employees.

Meanwhile, videos on social media showed some New York City firefighters fist-bumping protesters and at least one law enforcement officer enthusiastically cheering and shaking hands with a protester as the crowd went by.

Video journalists Sandi Bachom and Brendan Gutenschwager captured footage of the tent destruction, which took place in Union Square at around 4 p.m. A spokesperson from the New York Police Department told VICE News that the incident was under investigation and nobody was injured. The FDNY did not respond to VICE News’ request for comment about the fist-bumping incident.

The protest began earlier in the day outside the Department of Education building in Brooklyn. Hundreds of protesters then made their way over the bridge into Manhattan, chanting “Wake up, New York!” and “We the people will not comply.” They also heckled New Yorkers who were sitting outside restaurants eating.

The city's vaccine mandate for school employees took effect Monday. United Federation of Teachers President Michael Mulgrew said that as of Monday, 97% of the 78,000 full-time public school employees in New York City had been fully vaccinated.

About 43,000 vaccines had been administered since the mandate was announced in August, according to the New York Times. It’s the first citywide vaccine mandate that doesn’t give workers an option to submit to regular testing instead of getting vaccinated.

As is the case with many protests against vaccine requirements, the opposition to the mandate is coming from a small, but loud, minority. A group of teachers in New York City even made a last-ditch appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court in an effort to block the mandate. The Supreme Court declined to hear their case.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Aspirin is safer.
Okay, there's a trick you're missing here.

Warfarin is an anticoagulant, and aspirin is technically what's called an "antiplatelet drug". The clots that form in your body tend to be different depending on where they are generated, for instance in artieries they tend to be relatively platelet-heavy, and in veins relatively platelet light. Therefore, someone at risk of a venous clot tends to benefit more from an anticoagulant and someone at risk of an arterial clot an antiplatelet drug. Thus for certain clot risks aspirin would not be favoured because it is not affording adequate protection.

And besides, these days you're probably more likely to get something like apixaban or dabigatran than warfarin; potentially slightly less therapeutically effective, but significantly safer.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
If you want a cure for covid, I have a 100% effective all natural cure that will totally cure you of the virus and the liberal media isn't even talking about it at all. Fire, set yourself on fire. That will 100% cure the disease.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
If you want a cure for covid, I have a 100% effective all natural cure that will totally cure you of the virus and the liberal media isn't even talking about it at all. Fire, set yourself on fire. That will 100% cure the disease.
Well since there are no "randomized controlled studies" disproving your theory, I'm not allowed to disagree.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a night.
If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

I'll see myself out.

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
Another viable vaccine from the humble folks at Megadeth;

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Singapore reportedly trying to learn to live with Covid 19 which now appears to not be a pandemic, but endemic.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Singapore reportedly trying to learn to live with Covid 19 which now appears to not be a pandemic, but endemic.
"The ministry also reported that among the 31,057 infected individuals over the past 28 days, 98.2 per cent had no or mild symptoms, thanks to country's high vaccination rate."

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Yes. But if you don't have a well vaccinated population, you're more likely to carry on dying in droves.

That's why the USA got back to nearly 2000 covid deaths a day a few weeks ago, although now gently declining again. The USA has about 55% of the population with both shots. The UK is just under 70%. And indeed, relative to population, the current covid casualty rate in the USA is well over twice the UK's.

Reactions: gorfias

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Not sure where this is most apropriate to post, but christ, responsibility and accountability needs to start being assigned

HOWARD COUNTY, MD — A Cumberland man charged in the killing of his brother, sister-in-law and an 83-year-old woman reportedly believed his brother, a pharmacist, was poisoning people by giving them the COVID-19 vaccine, court documents show.

Authorities said Jeffrey Burnham, 46, stabbed to death family friend Rebecca Reynolds, 83, inside her Cumberland home Sept. 29. Burnham then took her car and drove to Ellicott City, where the following day he killed his brother, Brian Robinette, 58, and his wife Kelly Sue Robinette, 57, in their home.

Court documents show Burnham told his mother, Evelyn Burnham, 83, he had to "confront his brother." He told his mother, "Brian knows something," reports the Baltimore Sun.

Charging documents reveal that Evelyn Burnham contacted Cumberland police twice, concerned about her son's mental stability after he informed her the FBI was pursuing them. She told police her son lived with her and kept a security system in his bedroom.

Evelyn Burnham first called police on the same day her son killed Reynolds and again the following day when he shot to death the Robinettes, according to the Baltimore Sun. Charging documents do not indicate what the Cumberland Police did in response to those calls.

Burnham was captured in West Virginia following an 18-hour manhunt after police identified him as the suspect in the three homicides.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Not sure where this is most apropriate to post, but christ, responsibility and accountability needs to start being assigned

"Evelyn Burnham first called police on the same day her son killed Reynolds and again the following day when he shot to death the Robinettes, according to the Baltimore Sun. Charging documents do not indicate what the Cumberland Police did in response to those calls."

Probably said something like "Eh, he's a deranged white man with a gun. I'm sure everything will sort itself out just fine."

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
"Evelyn Burnham first called police on the same day her son killed Reynolds and again the following day when he shot to death the Robinettes, according to the Baltimore Sun. Charging documents do not indicate what the Cumberland Police did in response to those calls."

Probably said something like "Eh, he's a deranged white man with a gun. I'm sure everything will sort itself out just fine."
Let's be real, it was probably something more like "He's doing God's work."

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Apparently, the links (relinking below in the hope that, maybe just this once, you'll listen to the experts instead of believing you magically know better) to the CDC, the FDA, and the pharmaceutical manufacturer itself saying not to use ivermectin to treat or prevent COVID-19 were too impenetrable for you to understand. Maybe if I use small words, you'll understand this.

Before trials, drug not shown work so don't take. After trials, only take if shown work.

It's really fucking simple, mate. It doesn't matter how many youtube vlogs you find saying otherwise.

edit: There are no "randomized controlled trials" for drinking Drano Max Gel as a COVID-19 treatment. Does that mean we're not allowed to tell people not to drink Drano? I mean "the data is [not] even collected" yet..........

You know the thing that this thread is about, masks, have literally the same amount of data saying they work that ivermectin does. Either you do both or do neither. If you do one or the other, you're picking and choosing what are the "facts" instead of objectively looking at the data. If you say ivermectin doesn't work, then why are you wearing a mask?

Assuming COVID is still a thing next fall, which is looking VERY likely at this point, governor of California Governor Newsom is setting up to require children in K-12 be vaccinated in order to attend school, both public and private varieties. It will be first required for grades 7-12, then K-6, as soon as the FDA approves the vaccine for those age groups. Basically, the COVID vaccine will be treated like the MMR vaccine in terms of getting schooled.

Again, when will people WAIT ON THE DATA before deciding the "facts". Sweden and Denmark just suspended vaccines in younger age groups. The UK Advisory Panel did NOT recommend vaccines for 12-15 age group. The CDC loves picking and choosing data to fit the narrative. That stat about 99% of hospitalized covid patients being unvaccinated (that's used in commercials) is a bullshit stat because it includes people hospitalized since the start of the pandemic so it's very heavily weighted data that is technically true but completely misleading. The numbers the CDC uses for myocarditis are also heavily weight to make vaccines for the young look less risky than they are. Myocarditis is almost exclusive to boys happening at 40 per thousand and the CDC includes girls in the data to show it happens only 12 per thousand instead. By the way, the normal amount of myocarditis is that age group should be 0-4 per thousand. Lastly, all the figures about kids and covid hospitalizations are just as bogus as the CDC uses the following "kids hospitalized WITH covid" instead of kids hospitalized because of covid. Most of the kids hospitalized with covid did not go to the hospital because of covid, they were having a different medical issue and merely tested positive for covid. You have to really look at the data because both sides loving manipulating the data.

Good.

This is the correct way forward.
Why don't you actually wait on the data? Sweden and Denmark just suspended vaccines for the younger ages.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Speak for yourself. Most people round my part of the world are using surgical masks, not cloth masks.

Yes. More below.

YOU'VE BEEN GIVEN DATA. YOU JUST IGNORE IT OR SELCTIVELY INTERPET IT IN FAVOUR OF WHAT YOU WANT TO BELIEVE.

But seeing as I'm a nice person, here's another one.

Thus a thorough reading of the science by competent people would see that outdoors infection is still a significant potential risk in numerous circumstances and taking reasonable precautions is warranted. Hence the recommendations.
"YOU'VE BEEN GIVEN DATA. YOU JUST IGNORE IT OR SELECTIVELY INTERPRET IT IN FAVOUR OF WHAT YOU WANT TO BELIEVE."

Funny how you ignore the fact that the under 50 group in the Bangladesh study showed masks of any kind did nothing. You just sweep that under the rug. I don't know how you consider yourself a professional person of science and can't say there's no convincing data that masks actually do anything.

A medical professional whose job it is to analyze data:

"These kind of [mask] studies are very similar to the studies that we dismiss for ivermectin, for hydroxychloroquine, these are really confounded observational studies."

---

That's your outdoor evidence?!?! What I posted had far more data and tracked far more infections. Nobody believes outdoor transmission of covid happens in any significant manner. And the very 1st paper cited of the 12 papers is the Chinese study (that I posted like a year ago) that showed only 2 cases in over 7,000 came from outdoors. I'm not trying to prove you can't get covid outdoors but it's so low that you'd be ridiculous to worry about it. That 2 in 7324 cases outdoors is right in line with the Irish data showing less than 0.1% of infections occurred outdoors.

And I literally posted in one of the covid threads for you a scientific paper by Zelenko where he proposed an antiviral mechanism for HCQ for covid.

This is not true, as you most definitely did cite this mechanism, even if for HCQ in conjunction with zinc. Secondly - and this has been pointed out to you before - the fact that you were not citing an antiviral mechanism for HCQ back then was due to your unfamiliarity with the science. In fact, the early studies were overwhelmingly proposing this as a mechanism, and the fact you hadn't picked up on that suggests nothing more than your ignorance.
And Zelenko probably said zinc in his scientific paper because that's what he said in the video. Saying HCQ has antiviral mechanism when used WITH zinc mean HCQ alone has an antiviral mechanism? Any zinc ionophore has the same mechanism and thus HCQ doesn't need to be used. Does a study giving steroids for early treatment prove steroids don't work? No. Does a study only looking at only HCQ without zinc disprove someone that says HCQ + zinc helps? Nope. And you're all-cause mortality BS paper that you posted several times includes giving people HCQ in the ICU. Just like giving steroids early will yield poor results so will giving HCQ late. Do we not give steroids at all then? Nope.

Can you not read, or do you just not remember? I have said multiple times that whilst we do not know absolutely, the state of current evidence makes it look very underwhelming.
Yet one very underwhelming drug with a worse safety profile is given out willy-nilly and one with a much much better safety profile isn't. Double standards.

Masks do not cause stuff like nausea, diarrhoea, hypotension, and potential neurotoxicity. So no, the downsides aren't even close to as bad.
Everything I found on the hypotension side effect is something that happens when you overdose. The safety profile on ivermectin shows it's extremely safe. You still think taking what's consider now "normal" amounts of vitamin d is toxic. There's a Coimbra Protocol that gives people 1,000 IUs/day per kg of weight so if you weigh 100kgs, that's 100,000 IUs a day.

The profoundly idiotic nature of this argument speaks for itself.
Where's the evidence of all these people getting sick due to ivermectin? Surely that would be a thing, right?

Doctors are under no obligation to just give patients whatever the patients want (imagine how addicts would have a field day). Thus many doctors, consistent with good medical practice, decline to hand out drugs which have adverse effects and may even be potentially toxic when they provide no benefit. There are crank doctors out there happy to hand out useless or dangerous drugs on demand (hence the deaths of people like Michael Jackson or Heath Ledger). People can go find one of them if they really want, but that should not place an onus on any other doctor to do the same.
Doctors are being stopped from giving it to their patients, that's the problem. I think doctors handing out ivermectin like candy would have far far far far less bad effects than them prescribing opioids. Doctors caused the opioid epidemic.

You know what else hasn't been proven ineffective in treating covid? Rat poison. Wanna try it?
You know what else has been proven ineffective in treating covid and you can get real easy, remdesivir, it'll only cost you a few thousand to do nothing. Wanna try opioids? Doctors were handing those out like candy, they must not be bad if doctors are giving it to you, right?

Reactions: tstorm823

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009

Well...

I got nothing on this, huff bleach my friends. I guess hope it breaks down into water and oxygen before it reaches your lungs?
I have a feeling most of these alternative cures are actually designed to kill off the people dumb enough to try them. Not you, Phoenix, you should try them, they are safe and effective.*

Not a recommendation, try fire for a true cure.

Reactions: bluegate