Lifting Masks = Back to Getting Down With The Sickness

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Take your shots you idiotic cowards. If you want to die that badly, then hang yourself or something, and stop trying to take everyone with you.

And stop screwing over my home state you fuck nuts!

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
Take your shots you idiotic cowards. If you want to die that badly, then hang yourself or something, and stop trying to take everyone with you.

I've been following the Canadian trucker thing (protest? revolt?) and I'm wondering what the plan for the government is. It seems to be to cut the truckers off from fuel and hope that this causes enough of them to abandon it.
I don't know enough about Canadian tort laws to know if the victims of the honking have any chance of getting compensation for their suffering after the fact.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I've been following the Canadian trucker thing (protest? revolt?) and I'm wondering what the plan for the government is. It seems to be to cut the truckers off from fuel and hope that this causes enough of them to abandon it.
I don't know enough about Canadian tort laws to know if the victims of the honking have any chance of getting compensation for their suffering after the fact.
No big deal - apparently US right wing networks are providing financial support to them so that would probably cover it.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
View attachment 4893

Where's the fact-checkers to delete this anti-vax misinformation from CDC Director?
80% my arse.

12% is what the Science says unless you're using an N97 mask that is properly fitted etc or a full on respirator kit.

I mean I get some of them privately own their trucks but what is the plan there. Deny them fuel and hope they choose to leave before they start to run out? Because I bet enough of them will stick it out until they run entirely out of fuel and happily cause chaos by blocking the roads while also making sure there were locks on their petrol caps etc to make it damn hard to simply refill them and move them.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
8 million dollars worth and counting. Mostly the standard set of big money conservatives, but still

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal

Or they can just stop the fucking mandate that has no basis in science. Even the CDC's numbers say natural immunity is more protective than the vaccine, no reason to force a vaccine on someone that already had covid. Even if you don't "believe" that, the mandate doesn't make any place safer. It takes kicking out ~1,000 unvaccinated from a place to stop a single covid infection. If you hadn't noticed, most places don't have thousands of people obviously. Thus, these mandates do nothing. Lastly, basically every single of our peer countries always counted covid infections in their "vaccine" passports. Dr. Paul Offit, the foremost vaccine expert in the US, said covid is the first time the US has not counted natural immunity for a disease ever.

80% my arse.

12% is what the Science says unless you're using an N97 mask that is properly fitted etc or a full on respirator kit.
That number (I'm assuming from the Bangladesh study since it's like literally the only one... we really scienced the shit out of that :rolleyes:) is only for people over 50 wearing surgical masks. Cloth masks did nothing (what most people wear), and surgical masks did nothing for those under 50.

Interesting. They know an election is coming up.
Yup, they know hardly anyone is for these restrictions. I'm working in Cook County Illinois now (almost done there thankfully), which is called Crook County by locals, that has a mask mandate and vax mandate (for restaurants) and nobody cares; Pepes (lunch today), BDubs, Asian place doesn't ask for masks or vax cards. I go to every place without a mask and never showed my vax card. One restaurant in the 1st days asked us for our vax cards AND PHOTO IDs and we walked out, they lost like $200 and the place was completely empty at lunch time. Conservatives wanting to see a photo ID to vote is super bad but asking for a photo ID to eat food is A-OK for liberals.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Gonna repeat myself a bit, but the reason the US government is requiring vaccines is because people fucking lie, and enough people started lying immediately that the government knew it was gonna be a problem.

Like, the *first week* the county required masks, I had people asking for help printing off their fake mask exemption cards, coming in with catcher's masks, and claiming they couldn't wear a mask because they had asthma and hypoxia, which means they if they got covid that would very definitely die. Amazingly, that last gal's son also had asthma and hypoxia, as they both ran around town lugging 50 lbs bags of dog food into their truck and basically showing zero symptoms of having reduced lung capacity.

Maybe it works different in your fancy other countries where people might pretend to give a shit, but that isn't the USA. You put natural immunity exemptions on your vaccine requirements and America's Frontline Doctors will be selling telehealth positive covid tests for $20. So the government is requiring standardization. That's the problem with living in a country that hasn't been sane or rational for decades

Edit: Like, shit man: I deliver medicine for a compounding pharmacy these days. You gonna tell me that every hospital in western Montana is incompetent because I need to wear a mask making deliveries? That pharmacy regulations are junk because wearing a mask in the clean room is useless? That I'm just hallucinating the number of teachers and nurses I personally know getting covid and how personal friends of mine can't go three weeks without quarantining pending covid test results?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dirty Hipsters

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Gonna repeat myself a bit, but the reason the US government is requiring vaccines is because people fucking lie, and enough people started lying immediately that the government knew it was gonna be a problem.

Like, the *first week* the county required masks, I had people asking for help printing off their fake mask exemption cards, coming in with catcher's masks, and claiming they couldn't wear a mask because they had asthma and hypoxia, which means they if they got covid that would very definitely die. Amazingly, that last gal's son also had asthma and hypoxia, as they both ran around town lugging 50 lbs bags of dog food into their truck and basically showing zero symptoms of having reduced lung capacity.

Maybe it works different in your fancy other countries where people might pretend to give a shit, but that isn't the USA. You put natural immunity exemptions on your vaccine requirements and America's Frontline Doctors will be selling telehealth positive covid tests for $20. So the government is requiring standardization. That's the problem with living in a country that hasn't been sane or rational for decades

Edit: Like, shit man: I deliver medicine for a compounding pharmacy these days. You gonna tell me that every hospital in western Montana is incompetent because I need to wear a mask making deliveries? That pharmacy regulations are junk because wearing a mask in the clean room is useless? That I'm just hallucinating the number of teachers and nurses I personally know getting covid and how personal friends of mine can't go three weeks without quarantining pending covid test results?
Yes, you're clearly hallucinating it, because you're in the pocket of big pharma. Now tell the truth so people will pony up for this monoclonal treatment I have stock in.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
That number (I'm assuming from the Bangladesh study since it's like literally the only one... we really scienced the shit out of that :rolleyes:) is only for people over 50 wearing surgical masks. Cloth masks did nothing (what most people wear), and surgical masks did nothing for those under 50.
The fact either of you think that 12% is the answer merely indicates that you have no fucking idea how to correctly interpret scientific information.

Not that I necessarily put huge weight on 80%, either. But the fact remains, you guys are talking out of your backsides.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Or they can just stop the fucking mandate that has no basis in science. Even the CDC's numbers say natural immunity is more protective than the vaccine, no reason to force a vaccine on someone that already had covid. Even if you don't "believe" that, the mandate doesn't make any place safer. It takes kicking out ~1,000 unvaccinated from a place to stop a single covid infection. If you hadn't noticed, most places don't have thousands of people obviously. Thus, these mandates do nothing. Lastly, basically every single of our peer countries always counted covid infections in their "vaccine" passports. Dr. Paul Offit, the foremost vaccine expert in the US, said covid is the first time the US has not counted natural immunity for a disease ever.
Once again, you're useless at actually looking at facts and interpreting reality. How about those truckers get their heads out of their asses, man up and get their shots, and wear masks like they're supposed to? If they want to die that badly, they can shoot themselves. Leave everyone else out of it. They get paid all this money to take a whole bunch of cargo across different states and the entire country, and they're whining like they've lost a lot in their work life. But no, a majority of them that are in that protests are acting like the cowardly and entitled biatches they are, but claim they are not.

Don't know why you even bothered quoting me. You don't know shit! You never do know shit, most of the time. You ain't a doctor. You ain't a nurse. You ain't heavily involved in the medical field. Stop acting like you know everything what's best for everyone. Take your armchair science, "logical solutions" and "theories" elsewhere. There's a reason why I keep you on ignore. Don't even think of responding back with anything, I will not be listening. So move on and chatter somewhere else.

The fact either of you think that 12% is the answer merely indicates that you have no fucking idea how to correctly interpret scientific information.

Not that I necessarily put huge weight on 80%, either. But the fact remains, you guys are talking out of your backsides.
Thank you.

Last edited:

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
and claiming they couldn't wear a mask because they had asthma and hypoxia, which means they if they got covid that would very definitely die.
The only people I've ever seen argue they couldn't wear a mask for health reasons were obviously dishonest ne'er-do-wells who just couldn't be arsed.

One might reasonably argue that I am not be able to immediately determine whether someone has a relevant condition that may preclude mask usage, but what I can determine is the general behaviour of people who are shifty, complacent, cocky, self-important, malignant, and/or chaotic.

Last edited:

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Once again, you're useless at actually looking at facts and interpreting reality. How about those truckers get their heads out of their asses, man up and get their shots, and wear masks like they're supposed to? If they want to die that badly, they can shoot themselves. Leave everyone else out of it. They get paid all this money to take a whole bunch of cargo across different states and the entire country, and they're whining like they've lost a lot in their work life. But no, a majority of them that are in that protests are acting like the cowardly and entitled biatches they are, but claim they are not.

Don't know why you even bothered quoting me. You don't know shit! You never do know shit, most of the time. You ain't a doctor. You ain't a nurse you. You ain't heavily involved in the medical field. Stop acting like you know everything what's best for everyone. Take your armchair science, "logical solutions" and "theories" elsewhere. There's a reason why I keep you on ignore. Don't even think of responding back with anything, I will not be listening. So move on and chatter somewhere else.
Curiously, when the "Freedom Convoy" arrived, Unity Canada (one of the main organizations behind it) released a "Memorandum of Understanding".

https://canada-unity.com/wp-content...ontent/uploads/2022/01/Combined-MOU-Dec03.pdf

tl;dr: In essence is an ultimatum saying "Remove every single restriction against Covid in Canada; or dismantle the current Federal Government and put us in charge instead".

They don't care about science or freedom; they want to bully their way into ruling Canada. No matter how many provinces eliminate their Covid restrictions, that will never satisfy them (and it will put people's health on risk for absolutely nothing)

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Curiously, when the "Freedom Convoy" arrived, Unity Canada (one of the main organizations behind it) released a "Memorandum of Understanding".

https://canada-unity.com/wp-content/plugins/wonderplugin-pdf-embed/pdfjs/web/viewer.html?file=https://canada-unity.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/Combined-MOU-Dec03.pdf

tl;dr: In essence is an ultimatum saying "Remove every single restriction against Covid in Canada; or dismantle the current Federal Government and put us in charge instead".

They don't care about science or freedom; they want to bully their way into ruling Canada. No matter how many provinces eliminate their Covid restrictions, that will never satisfy them (and it will put people's health on risk for absolutely nothing)
The modern right wing rejects the idea that we have any kind of social responsibility to one another. It's every man for himself.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020

Yeh no I'm not it's really around 12%. I bothered to read the papers around the time and the average works out to be about 12% extra protection because some masks are really shit.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
The only people I've ever seen argue they couldn't wear a mask for health reasons were obviously dishonest ne'er-do-wells who just couldn't be arsed.

One might reasonably argue that I am not be able to immediately determine whether someone has a relevant condition that may preclude mask usage, but what I can determine is the general behaviour of people who are shifty, complacent, cocky, self-important, malignant, and/or chaotic.
The funny thing is they can still wear a face shield and I've seen plenty of people wearing them when they can't wear a mask.

Agema

Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Seriously, what the fuck is it with these idiots and their faux-legal bullshit?

Never mind that, but the weirdest and stupidest crap in this memorandum is that they form this committee (CCC) and nowhere does it meaningfully state what this committee does and what its powers are. It's mind-blowingly ill thought out.

Reactions: CM156 and BrawlMan

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
Seriously, what the fuck is it with these idiots and their faux-legal bullshit?

Never mind that, but the weirdest and stupidest crap in this memorandum is that they form this committee (CCC) and nowhere does it meaningfully state what this committee does and what its powers are. It's mind-blowingly ill thought out.
It's because they believe in magic words