Lifting Masks = Back to Getting Down With The Sickness

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
No, it potentially cost more economic value than it saved. I'm talking about *lives*
And you didn't read it because there's a whole section of just lives saved...

Car accidents have been a thing since cars were invented, many decades ago. Covid-19 has been around for 2 years, during only a fraction of which education was lost. You literally cannot apply the same approach.

Cool? Eat that exclusively every day for a month and you'll be missing vital nutrition.

Also, I really hate to be the one to tell you this, but if you're getting enough chicken to last 3 meals for 5 dollars, it's probably not going to be very good.
School and kids dropping out of school have existed far far before covid, how the fuck is that some new issue we have no clue about?

People have been saying that my whole life and yet I'm probably the healthiest person my group of people.

That's not even the most money efficient way to buy chicken, chicken isn't that expensive. Getting a cooked whole rotisserie chicken from said Jewel or really any grocery store is definitely cheaper per pound than what I buy. If you noticed, it's only a 9oz package of chicken, I only put then 3oz of chicken in my dinner, that's all I need. You really don't need to spend much money to eat healthy as you can see.

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
Just an fyi 3oz would be considered less than a serving. Now my diet would not be the average, i eat about 8oz of lean protein with dinner and that is while I'm on a cut so I lose weight eating that amount. If I was staying the same weight I'd eat more.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
School and kids dropping out of school have existed far far before covid, how the fuck is that some new issue we have no clue about?
People have been dropping out of school for other reasons, correlating with poverty, and usually permanently. What you have pointed to is a correlation between lower life expectancy and the above group. But the above group is not analogous to a fully cross-society group missing less than a year of education and then having the chance to make it up. Besides which, you're attributing causation when it's obviously not applicable.

People have been saying that my whole life and yet I'm probably the healthiest person my group of people.
Lol. I don't believe you, frankly. You probably just have undue self-certainty on this, as with a few other things.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Just an fyi 3oz would be considered less than a serving. Now my diet would not be the average, i eat about 8oz of lean protein with dinner and that is while I'm on a cut so I lose weight eating that amount. If I was staying the same weight I'd eat more.
Like I said, I make like a Chipotle chicken bowl so I'm not just eating 3oz of chicken, but it is how much chicken I use. If I was only eating chicken, I'd definitely eat more than 3oz.

People have been dropping out of school for other reasons, correlating with poverty, and usually permanently. What you have pointed to is a correlation between lower life expectancy and the above group. But the above group is not analogous to a fully cross-society group missing less than a year of education and then having the chance to make it up. Besides which, you're attributing causation when it's obviously not applicable.

Lol. I don't believe you, frankly. You probably just have undue self-certainty on this, as with a few other things.
I'm talking about the kids that didn't come back to school for like the 10th time now. You think those kids are primarily from rich, affluent neighborhoods? No, they're from the urban schools that closed for 18 months for no reason when the kids needed school.

Believe what? Why would I lie? I literally posted my Jewel receipt for 3 dinners worth of food.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
I'm talking about the kids that didn't come back to school for like the 10th time now. You think those kids are primarily from rich, affluent neighborhoods? No, they're from the urban schools that closed for 18 months for no reason when the kids needed school.
I mean, the kids *I* know who were constantly sent home from school were because they couldn't go two weeks without their teachers getting sick

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
Good for you. You exist in a bubble where COVID isn't a problem. A lot of people aren't so lucky.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
I know 4 teachers that all teach at different schools in Chicagoland (so not some rural area) and not one of the schools closed over covid.
Great. I live in a rural area and that's definitely not been the case here. It's less the entire school closing and more "every student with that teacher and the fellow teachers" sort of thing. Theoretically the staff is siloed, though that doesn't help much

Reactions: BrawlMan

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
" This week, COVID-19 cases, deaths, and hospitalizations are on the rise in the United States, driving COVID-19 Community Levels up to medium or high in 75% of counties. Omicron BA.5 is the predominant variant, causing an estimated 78% of cases. BA.5 has fueled the rapid rise in cases since June, suggesting that it spreads more easily than previous Omicron lineages. "

Taken right from the CDC's website. Kindly fuck off with your "COVID isn't a problem in an immune population" bullshit.

Reactions: BrawlMan and Kwak

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Covid isn't a problem in an immune population, it's not much more than a cold of flu.
Americans are still dying of covid at a rate of around 300-400 a day. So, up to 150,000 a year. This with around 70% fully vaccinated and many of those not vaccinated having contracted covid at some point.

That's self-evidently vastly worse than the common cold, which is barely ever fatal. It's about 3-10 times more deaths than 'flu.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
" This week, COVID-19 cases, deaths, and hospitalizations are on the rise in the United States, driving COVID-19 Community Levels up to medium or high in 75% of counties. Omicron BA.5 is the predominant variant, causing an estimated 78% of cases. BA.5 has fueled the rapid rise in cases since June, suggesting that it spreads more easily than previous Omicron lineages. "

Taken right from the CDC's website. Kindly fuck off with your "COVID isn't a problem in an immune population" bullshit.
OMG, the hospitalization data is just people in hospital with covid vs because of covid... And deaths have been basically stagnant since April.

Americans are still dying of covid at a rate of around 300-400 a day. So, up to 150,000 a year. This with around 70% fully vaccinated and many of those not vaccinated having contracted covid at some point.

That's self-evidently vastly worse than the common cold, which is barely ever fatal. It's about 3-10 times more deaths than 'flu.

What the fuck is wrong with you?
And doing things to stop covid or make as deadly as the flu would end up causing more harm than benefit.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Bot finds a keyword on a forum and registers to post an ad?

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America