Lightning Strikes in March With Final Fantasy XIII

BMWaugh

Sep 11, 2009
Did anyone else notice at the start of the video, while it was panning across all the Final Fantasy titles, it didn't show FFX-2?

I guess even Square don't want to admit that that ever happened.

Sorry for any FFX-2 fans, but I had a strong dislike for that game, and as such never got round to finishing it, and found it hilarious that Square seem to want to pretend it never existed.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
BMWaugh said:
Did anyone else notice at the start of the video, while it was panning across all the Final Fantasy titles, it didn't show FFX-2?

I guess even Square don't want to admit that that ever happened.

Sorry for any FFX-2 fans, but I had a strong dislike for that game, and as such never got round to finishing it, and found it hilarious that Square seem to want to pretend it never existed.
They also didn't show the dozens of spin off games. That doesn't mean anything though, it's just showing the core games which are more synonymous with the FF name. They didn't show FF7 Crisis Core or Dirge of Cerberus, but that doesn't necessarily mean anyhting.

Miral

Random Lurker
Jun 6, 2008
It worries me a little that nothing in the press release itself mentions a simultaneous Europe release. (And the video is blocked where I am at the moment, so I can't look at that.)

Although I thought that PS3 games in general weren't being divided down NTSC/PAL lines any more, so isn't that to be expected? (I speak from ignorance, not having a PS3.)

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Miral said:
It worries me a little that nothing in the press release itself mentions a simultaneous Europe release. (And the video is blocked where I am at the moment, so I can't look at that.)

Although I thought that PS3 games in general weren't being divided down NTSC/PAL lines any more, so isn't that to be expected? (I speak from ignorance, not having a PS3.)
The video mentions that North America and Europe are getting a simultaneous release if thats what you are worried about. Even if they weren't released at the same time, PS3 is region free so people could just import.

I'm just grateful that they closed the gap between Japan and world wide release by a good margin. I hope it becomes more common place for them to keep the gap as short as possible instead of waiting upwards of 8 months to a year before the rest of the world gets it.

Sep 14, 2009
i personally think having a variety of music is great, and she is NOT a bad singer, not necessarily what i love but still good singer, and what was so bad about the kingdom hearts "simple and clean"? just becuz its not badass techhno metal doesn't mean you instantly have to flame the shit out of it, it was good and went well with it, considering it was DISNEY who was behind a good chunk of the game as was square, so i dont know why your having such a chode bag of anger

the game looks awesome to me, sure i was a little dissapointed with XII, otherwise im excited, they always make great new universes that you can get lost in for a good chunk of your life

SUPA FRANKY

Aug 18, 2009
I was actually anticipated this game, along with Dragon Quest 9. But after really getting a look at the battle system...was this really what I was waiting for? I guess I'll still give it a rent.