Lightsaber Duel Breaks Out on French Street

May 26, 2010
Eleima said:
Okay, seriously, what is wrong with you people? What's the big deal about being French?

Ah, who am I kidding... You people are just jealous of our beautiful, history-filled city, delicious cheeses, scrumptious bread and fine wines. ^_^

Oh, and we've got old people with lightsabers, too. =D
Right, rule is, if any of those people were English, it's funny in a sort of warm comforting type way (I'd like to think we've got like that now, like two old best friends in Bath Chairs insulting each other for old time's sake)

If they're American, less so. That's an insult about a RECENT event, and therefore fair game for RAEG.

May 26, 2010
captainfluoxetine said:
Fangobra said:
Right, rule is, if any of those people were English, it's funny in a sort of warm comforting type way (I'd like to think we've got like that now, like two old best friends in Bath Chairs insulting each other for old time's sake)

If they're American, less so. That's an insult about a RECENT event, and therefore fair game for RAEG.
True, very true.

I am English, thus, I hate the French.

I mean i really respect their culture, the fact their workers strike at the drop of a hat and get what they want, they fact asa nation they're incredibly civilized, cultured, they drink wine, smoke, and make love 24/7.

But I'm English... so i hate them, its genetic.
Oh yeah. But of course, if anyone else decides to pick a fight with them nowadays, we're all like: "Leave them alone, you bastards, LEAVE THEM ALONE! Only we are allowed to do that!"

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
captainfluoxetine said:
Fangobra said:
Eleima said:
Okay, seriously, what is wrong with you people? What's the big deal about being French?

Ah, who am I kidding... You people are just jealous of our beautiful, history-filled city, delicious cheeses, scrumptious bread and fine wines. ^_^

Oh, and we've got old people with lightsabers, too. =D

True, very true.

I am English, thus, I hate the French.

I mean i really respect their culture, the fact their workers strike at the drop of a hat and get what they want, they fact asa nation they're incredibly civilized, cultured, they drink wine, smoke, and make love 24/7.

But I'm English... so i hate them, its genetic.
I share a flat with two girls, one of whom is French. And one of my female housemates last year had a boyfriend in France, despite being English herself (not sure if they're still together, I hadn't seen her for months until last week :p). So I tend to like the French in general, despite my Englishness.

However, one thing I loathe about them is the fact they get what they want on the drop of a hat when they go on strike. I've always thought trade unions, particularly in the UK, have wayyyy too much power. Striking can be good, but only as a very last resort, and certainly needs plenty of limits placed on the action. I'm all for better pay, fewer cuts, better working standards, things like that, but striking and trade unions really get on my wick. Also a reason why I reckon Margaret Thatcher wasn't a particularly bad Prime Minister.

On topic: This is awesome. And if I can ever get Adobe After Effects to work on my laptop, given that my computer crashes every time I try to install the free trial version of any Adobe software (aside from Reader), it's something that, as a filmmaker myself, I want to try. Seriously, it's actually really easy to do something like this, just really time consuming. All the effects you see in Hollywood blockbusters are piss-easy to do at home on Adobe or something, they just take a while to do. One thing a friend of mine wants to do is a guy being run over and killed, which is done really easily with a single green screen (well, sheet of green cloth) and two different shots of the same scene (one without the car, and one without the guy). Again, very easy to do, just really time consuming.