Lionhead Unveils Fable 3

Eruanno

Captain Hammer
Aug 14, 2008
Oh crud, I haven't even played Fable 2 yet. Must... get... Xbox 360... (all I have is a PS2 and a Wii. I KNOW!)

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
Kick. Ass.

Fable 2 wasn't a perfect game. It had its fair share of flaws and defects, but I still greatly enjoyed it. It was just pure fun, and never really grew old. And now, Molyneux has a chance to improve on Fable 2. If he can do that, and fix the flaws that were in Fable 2...then Fable 3 really will be a game to be reckoned with.

AncientYoungSon

Jun 17, 2009
TheTygerfire said:
In all seriousness, I think they need to tone down the silly this time around. I couldn't take Fable II seriously at all.
This.

I have absolutely no idea why this game sold as well as it did. In a game that revolves around caring about the "people of the land", the people were so shallow and devoid of soul that I couldn't care less about them (even killing them). Maybe they'll hire more than five voice actors for Fable III...

I can't fathom how a developer can spend such a long time making a game pretty and failing to realize that realtime growing foliage isn't immersive. If I'm going to believe this game, I need to believe that the PEOPLE are genuinely real and worth either protecting or killing, and I didn't believe that for even a moment.

SharedProphet

Oct 9, 2008
What happens if your character in Fable 2 did not end up as the King/Queen? What if he or she didn't end up with kids?

Feb 8, 2009
OK, well this time Peter, please take your time. Don't release it when it's not done, and finish the freaking game this time.

You can also shut your yap so we won't get our hopes up again.

I like his games, but it's true. Sorry, Lionhead's games. They work too.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Great, another mediocre game litterd with bugs.

Why is Peter Molyneux a big name in gaming? The guy has never made one decent or stable game in his whole life.

dragonflygirl

Apr 2, 2009
most like they would put some on the things they delevoped for f2 that were not on the final cut in F3 or they will re-skin sone things from f2.
i do hope they kept the dog conpanion in

Spineyguy

Apr 14, 2009
For all its flaws (And believe me there were quite a few) I really enjoyed Fable 2, it was fun, sort of immersive and really quite funny at times. And as long as they change very little, I expect I'll enjoy Fable 3 just as much.

But I can't help but wonder where they'll go time-wise. Fable was clearly set in the 1300s, Fable 2 was et in the late 1800s, but where do you go from there? Blackadder went WW1 and the results were brilliant. But something tells me that won't work in an RPG. So the only way they can really go is a direct canon sequel, and that is incredibly dangerous.

People will say "Derp, Rookridge was all grey and depressing in Fable 2, why is it a prosperous suburb to Bowerstone now?"

I will remain wary, keep the gameplay similar and you could be onto a winner, but change too much and you'll kill you franchise. ARE YOU LISTENING PETER?!

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
This is a fairly quick turn around for a sequel, but I appreciate what they're trying to do with this one. I doubt it will work out the way they intend it to, just like neither of the previous games lived up to the "lofty" heights promised by their creator, but I still appreciate the attempt.

I've been looking forward to a game of active political intrigue and revolution that unfolds on a non-linear stage fof awhile and I hope that this one will at least tide me over until Bioware decides they want to make a game that revolves around political revolution.

Feb 13, 2008
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/93994-Peter-Molyneux-Warns-Against-Holiday-Game-Releases - http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/93996-Lionhead-Unveils-Fable-3

Buh?

And then there's the pictures:
Che Guevara: Executed Guerilla that nearly sparked World War 3 and now appears on student walls next to the girl scratching her ass.
Maximilien Robespierre: Executed dictateur sanguinaire
Abraham Lincoln : Executed President best known for his part in the Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny (Oh, and something about arming bears)
Aristotle : Died naturally, but despite being one of the world's first nerds, plotted against Alexander the Great.
Emma Goldman : An anarchist who wanted to destroy big corporations.
& Joan of Arc : Who today would be booked onto Jerry Springer and Oprah, before being burnt at the stake in I'm a Mouthpiece For The Lord, Get Me Out Of Here!.

Seriously, does anyone even try to keep a reign on Molyneux's expanding insanity???

Nerf Ninja

Dec 20, 2008
Ok if he's not going to release Dungeon Keeper 3 or a game like that I don't want to know. That damn company hasn't released a game worth playing beyond an hour since it was formed.

TheFacelessOne

Feb 13, 2009
Race for the throne? As a hero or villain? Sounds wonderful! Maybe I can finally act like a villain and actually make an impact on the people! You know, maybe have them wonder around gloomy like, and cowering when I walk by! And maybe the villagers will even have personalities! Oh Joy!

Oh, gees. Excuse me, look at me dreaming again.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
Wait, have I just read a really old thread about the release of Fable 2? Apparently not. I find it hard to tell the difference, but maybe Lionhead will get lucky and hit the nail on the head properly this time.

Casual Shinji said:
Great, another mediocre game litterd with bugs.

Why is Peter Molyneux a big name in gaming? The guy has never made one decent or stable game in his whole life.
He made the original Theme Park. That was awesome.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
TheTygerfire said:
Peter: Okay, this time, get this, you can have an orgy with 10 people!!

In all seriousness, I think they need to tone down the silly this time around. I couldn't take Fable II seriously at all.
Honestly, your not meant to. Taking Fable seriously would be liking laughing at Silent Hill.

[small]Besides laughing at the terrible voice acting that is...[/small]

lazy_bum

Mar 25, 2009
Been waiting for news about fable3, but now i have i have mixed emotions. I love the fable games, alot, even if they dont ever seem to live up 2 PMs hype. But and now worried that if they overhype it again i will get seriously disenfranchised with the whole thing.

That said i will almost certainly buy it.

SamuelT

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2009
Country
Nederland
Ah well. I enjoyed the first game, and I haven't had the blessing (Curse?) of playing the second. I will keep my judgement for this until I played the second and third.

FloodOne

Apr 29, 2009
So, I'm wondering when the 360 is going to actually get a GOOD exclusive RPG. As it is, I buy everything for my ps3, because all of the good RPG's are made for both platforms.

Now the former exclusives (aka shitty RPG's) are making their way to the ps3 now. Awful.

I hope FF XIII sets the fucking bar so high most of these devs are just left stuttering.