Lionhead Unveils Fable 3

dochmbi

Sep 15, 2008
Why are they talking about Fable 3 when Fable 2: The Lost Chapters isn't even out yet?

TheTygerfire

Jun 26, 2008
Sparrow Tag said:
TheTygerfire said:
Peter: Okay, this time, get this, you can have an orgy with 10 people!!

In all seriousness, I think they need to tone down the silly this time around. I couldn't take Fable II seriously at all.
Honestly, your not meant to. Taking Fable seriously would be liking laughing at Silent Hill.

[small]Besides laughing at the terrible voice acting that is...[/small]
You know, you're right, when the sister got killed I was rolling at how goofy it was...

You can have comic relief, but when the game's main story is serious, you can't have the world around it be comic without it being ironic.

G1eet

Mar 25, 2009
Wait. This is coming out, but Bethesda has "no current plans" for another Elder Scrolls game?

What the fuck. Thanks, Murphy's Law.

Emphraim

Mar 27, 2009
Ranooth said:
Are we 100% sure that he misspelled Black & White 3?!
That's a game I would look forward too. The Fable series quickly bored me.

FloodOne said:
I hope FF XIII sets the fucking bar so high most of these devs are just left stuttering.
Even FF XIII has been corrupted by the 360's influence. Look at some of the new screenshots. Much lower quality than when the game was PS3 exclusive.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
TheTygerfire said:
Sparrow Tag said:
TheTygerfire said:
Peter: Okay, this time, get this, you can have an orgy with 10 people!!

In all seriousness, I think they need to tone down the silly this time around. I couldn't take Fable II seriously at all.
Honestly, your not meant to. Taking Fable seriously would be liking laughing at Silent Hill.

[small]Besides laughing at the terrible voice acting that is...[/small]
You know, you're right, when the sister got killed I was rolling at how goofy it was...

You can have comic relief, but when the game's main story is serious, you can't have the world around it be comic without it being ironic.
Even the storyline is meant to have comic relief. For instance, NONE of the sidequests are serious, most of the middle part of the game is comic and the ending, the actual serious part, is stupidly comic.

I mean, Reaver kill steals you after all you went through, the just goes "Oh, sorry. Did you want to do that?"

Prince monkey

May 21, 2009
NO!!!!!!! People have faith, I know that u were kinda pissed off (esspecially those of u that pray in the church of yahtzee) with fable 2. I mean I LOVED fable one, i put it my list of best games ever, but think about it. What game could possible live up to it though??? Fable two may have fucked things up but please give fable three a chance. If it falls on its face then i will be the first to condem king peter and the lionhead empire but until then..... just buy n give it a chance, go into it with a fresh mind. U all know that deep down ur all feeling that spark of excitment u felt when the fable 2 hype started....

Supernova2000

Shivan Sympathizer
May 2, 2009
I wonder what fable 3 will have lol. Maybe now you can choose between a dog or a cat? Bigamy? Assault rifles? A larger arsenal of piss weak magic spells? NPC's who are slightly more convincing when they pretend to give a shit when they see the depraved, grotesque genocidal monstrosity that is you coming?

When will Peter Molyneux learn? lol

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
Casual Shinji said:
Great, another mediocre game litterd with bugs.

Why is Peter Molyneux a big name in gaming? The guy has never made one decent or stable game in his whole life.
He's kinda like Paris Hilton in a way, he's famous for being famous.

OT: I'll give it a rent, probably. It only takes a small handful of hours to get everything the Fable games have to offer. And how many times do they want us to become the ruler of Albion? Each game has had us own all the possible land in the world, and Fable II actually had us buy the castle! It shouldn't be too hard to take over, I would think a child of the last hero would inherit everything from their parent.

Jun 8, 2009
FinalFrog said:
They've already done the rags to riches story twice over. It all goes the same way: small penniless orphaned child grows to be strong adventurer who kills things and makes enough money to buy all land for sale.
Well you're the son/daughter of your infamous character from Fable 2 in this game. So maybe you won't start out poor and crappy.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Shame.

I thought it'd be something original. Too much to expect from Lionhead these days I suppose.

I'm not excited for this. Fable II was an unfinished muh fest, and the most disappointing of all of Lionheads games. Seeing as they havn't made a great game since the original Fable I'm not exactly waiting with baited breathe.

KDR_11k

Feb 10, 2009
Yes, that's totally roleplaying and freedom in a videogame. Having your character inevitably become king.

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
Casual Shinji said:
Great, another mediocre game litterd with bugs.

Why is Peter Molyneux a big name in gaming? The guy has never made one decent or stable game in his whole life.
Bullfrog Productions:

* Fusion (1987) (designer/programmer)
* Populous (1989) (designer/programmer)
* Powermonger (1990) (designer/programmer)
* Populous II: Trials of the Olympian Gods (1991) (designer/programmer)
* Syndicate (1993) (producer)
* Theme Park (1994) (project leader/lead programmer)
* Magic Carpet (1994) (executive producer)
* Hi-Octane (1995) (executive producer)
* Genewars (1996)
* Dungeon Keeper (1997) (project leader/designer)

That's why.

Ben Legend

Apr 16, 2009
A bit early is it not?
hhmmmmm....... I rushed to buy Fable II on release, I don't think I will, with this one.
I'm thinking I'll wait and see what other people think of it, the last thing I want is fable 2 with a new storyline and hero.

By the way Peter Molyneux, please, switch the magic control scheme back to how it was in Fable.
=D

Danman1

Mar 27, 2009
Peter Molyneux can go fuck hmself with an elephants tusk for not putting Fable 2 or 3 on the PC.

CrafterMan

Aug 3, 2008
TheFacelessOne said:
Race for the throne? As a hero or villain? Sounds wonderful! Maybe I can finally act like a villain and actually make an impact on the people! You know, maybe have them wonder around gloomy like, and cowering when I walk by! And maybe the villagers will even have personalities! Oh Joy!

Oh, gees. Excuse me, look at me dreaming again.
*Sigh*

Take this man outside Peter, we have another original thinker.

-Joe

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
Child of the hero & set 50years in the future? So you'll be playing as a 50yr old (obviouly not one of the children you have in fable 2 of course, heaven forbid)?

Also, turning Fable2 into an episodic game? wtf? You can get the full version for only £20 or less, why would I wanna pay for each chapter? Useless gimmick

Silly_Billy

Jul 29, 2009
Eruanno said:
Oh crud, I haven't even played Fable 2 yet. Must... get... Xbox 360... (all I have is a PS2 and a Wii. I KNOW!)
I only have a Wii. Not one good game comes out on it and I'm getting pissed