List your Top 5 Most Disturbing Movies

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Mine are as follows (not in any specific order mind you)

1. Meet the Feebles
2. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original, the part where he jumps out of the freezer)
3. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (that boat ride...)
4. JAWS (was very very young when I saw this and lived near the ocean)
5. American Werewolf in London (Nazi nightmare scene...)

Whats yours?

Alternative

Jun 2, 2010
1.human centipede
2.human centipede
3.human centipede
4.human centipede
5.human centipede

The movies not even very disturbing. I just don't watch many disturbing movies.

Froggy Slayer

Jul 13, 2012
5. Flower of Flesh and Blood
4. Irréversible
3. The Animatrix (Specifically, the 'Second Renaissance' short)
2. Augusts Underground Mordum
1. A SERBIAN FILM

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Human Centipede
I get it, it's shocking for the sake of being shocking, but it's not just that.
It comes off more as a fetish movie. It's just weird, and not the good kind of weird.

Alpha Dog
Okay, most of the movie isnt shocking, but the one scene towards the end? If you still don't know what I'm talking about it's
the scene where the kid finally get's shot. They drag that scene out so gruelingly well. You know it's coming, but there's something in the back of your mind saying maybe, just maybe this guy will come to his senses and save this kid. That scene horrified me.

Strangeland
Ever wanted to see Dee Snider from Twisted Sister hook up a girl he found on the internet to a device that drains her urine when she pees?
Shock aside though it's a really good movie.

Blair Witch Project
Not turning this into a debate as to the quality of the film.
I found it terrifyingly effective. First time viewing it I was quite literally shaking.

Jaws
Silly movie really. Only worked so well because of DAT JOHN WILLIAMS. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvCI-gNK_y4]

Human Centipede

Aug 4, 2012
Why is everyone talking about me here! We all know the Seriban Film is the worst thing to ever crawl it's way into existence. That and Grotesque,that's all I got.

Able Seacat

Jun 18, 2012
The only one that comes to mind is Love Exposure

Though I haven't seen it all the way through as it's just so long. Sorry to not list 5 OP.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
I dunno I don't watch that many disturbing movies but I saw some Japanese movie where a woman saws off this guy's foot with piano wire. It was on in the background at a bar of all places. That was kinda weird.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Hazy992 said:
I dunno I don't watch that many disturbing movies but I saw some Japanese movie where a woman saws off this guy's foot with piano wire. It was on in the background at a bar of all places. That was kinda weird.
That's the J Horror film, Audition.

1 Silent Hill (the Ash childs scene)
2 Braindead
3 Poltergeist (that weird spirit thing near the end, I can't rememeber it properly.)
4 End of Days (that weird sex scene.)
5 The Grudge (that eye shadow scene.)

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Scarim Coral said:
Hazy992 said:
That's the J Horror film, Audition..
ah I see. Yeah that movie was really trippy, partly cause none of us were really paying attention so when we look up we have no idea why she's sawing his foot off :p

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
1. Human Centipede
2. The scene in reservoir dogs where the cop loses his ear
3. The rape scene in Pulp Fiction (UNFUCKING NECESSARY)
4. The scene in the green mile where the french guy is executed (To be fair, it added to the horror/pain of the scene)
5. Prometheus

Yeah, I don't watch too many gruesome stuff, I can handle it, just no will power for it.

Supercereal

Mar 3, 2012
1. Blue Velvet (when you first meet Dennis Hopper character)
2. Saw (I had a cam version saw it and honestly looked like a snuff film)
3. Alien (my dad let me watch it when i was five basically nightmare fuel)
4. The Wrong man/ Lucky number Sleven (Just disturbed at how much the tone flips from the first half to second half)

I dont have a number five really

Azaradel

Jan 7, 2009
Hmmm... I haven't really seen any movies that I consider particularly disturbing, but I'm sure they would be considered disturbing to people who are less jaded than me, so here goes nothing;

> A Serbian Film
> August Underground's Mordum
> Martyrs
> Aftermath
> Err... I guess Antichrist or something?

Presented in no particular order.

The mentions of The Human Centipede and Flower of Flesh and Blood make me smile.
Mermaid in a Manhole is not only equally as, if not more, disturbing than Flower of Flesh and Blood, it's also a lot less shit.

Axolotl

Feb 17, 2008
5. Audition
Partly for the aformentioned foot-cutting scene but also the needles before that, however the main reason has to be for the thing in the bag, that was just messed up.

4. Inland Empire
This stands in for all Lynch's Films because they're all werid as fuck (except the straight story I guess) but Inl;and Empire is the weirdest. I don't think there is a rational explanation for the film, it's just disturbing.

3. Chinatown
This one isn't as weird or violent as the other films people have mentioned but I put it here because the overall morality of the story and it's ending especially is so unpleasent. The idea that the evil men not only go unpunished but are able to thrive is far removed from the traditional Hollywood ending, it's just such a bleak hopeless film.

2. Ichi the Killer
Another from Takashi Miike, this one is just two hours of violence, and weird violence at that. The torture scene alone puts it up there but the rest of the film is just disturbing as well. To give an example the titular Ichi spends most of the film crying but then cuts people apart spraying blood and body parts everywhere, and then he masturbates on them.

1. Natural Born Killers
Like Chinatown this is here because of it's dark, bleak tone. Unlike Chinatown Natural Born Killers also has vast ammounts of violence as well as torture, rape and abuse. There are no characters who aren't ammoral monstersor helpless victims. The constant shifts and sense of unreality help blunt the impact of all the unpleasentness but overall the sense of sickness bleeds through. If the film existed in a vacuum I probably wouldn't mention it here but what makes the film so disturbing in my mind is the fact that for all it's weirdness and its filters it manages to resemble the real world so strongly with the main characters being so similar with all the murder's and spree killers who've come before and since it was made, and also to the media's reaction to these people.

yuval152

Jul 6, 2011
Predetor,why do they always cut the spine?

I don't watch horror films so that's what i got.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
A Serbian Film

Seriously, I can't think of any other film that is even remotely close to the level of "what the fuck" that is that movie.

Arsen

Nov 26, 2008
Fappy said:
A Serbian Film

Seriously, I can't think of any other film that is even remotely close to the level of "what the fuck" that is that movie.
This man speaks the truth.

Your soul is defiled, your eyes are stained, and will have seen true evil.

Froggy Slayer

Jul 13, 2012
I'd like to amend my list. Instead of Flower of Flesh and Blood, I'm going with Threads. And that's being put up to number 2, actually.

York_Beckett

Sep 23, 2010
> Antichrist
> The Woodsman
> Straw Dogs
> A Serbian Film
> Men Behind the Sun

I think. I have seen a lot of disturbing movies, so I'm not really sure if I'd consider these the worst or not. These are just the ones that came to mind. I just have a bad memory when it comes to these kind of lists. Pretty sure there's worse out there.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Fappy said:
A Serbian Film

Yer, I've watched a lot of weird/disturbing movies but all of that has just been blanketed by A Serbian Film.
Seriously I'm trying to think of more but they all get covered with a sense of "Well that's pretty tame compared to A Serbian Film".

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Not sure if I can name 5.

Some that have actually disturbed me but not necessarily because they're scary are A Clockwork Orange, Black Swan and some zombie movie I watched in my 12 hour zombie marathon. I think it was Sharks vs Zombies? There's a scene where a Zombie drags a womans eye into a bit of wood and it's all eww and squishy and *shudders*