LittleBigPlanet Delayed Over Religious Controversy

DizzleMcSizzle

Aug 27, 2008
im sorry but i think if it had quotes from the bible or other religious writings i really dont think people would have blinked an eye. only reason they got shouted at for the church in manchester in resistance is because it was a shooter. i recon if it was just an adventure game they would have got a medal for bringing the idea of religeous places etc to the youth of today through the medium of video games

shatnershaman

May 8, 2008
Indigo_Dingo post=7.74280.832707 said:
shatnershaman post=7.74280.832555 said:
On the small almost non existent bright side you won't have to pick which to play Fable 2/Farcry 2 or Littlebigplanet.
Yes we will. Week of delay doesn't suddenly give us an extra $100 to spend.
And its a pretty obvious answer as to which is preferrable.
Well if you weren't buying one of those games a one week rental is perfect and cheap.

Yeah Fable 2. I can't wait to get drunk and have my friend shoot my wife.

BlindTom

Aug 8, 2008
shatnershaman post=7.74280.837654 said:
Indigo_Dingo post=7.74280.832707 said:
shatnershaman post=7.74280.832555 said:
On the small almost non existent bright side you won't have to pick which to play Fable 2/Farcry 2 or Littlebigplanet.
Yes we will. Week of delay doesn't suddenly give us an extra $100 to spend.
And its a pretty obvious answer as to which is preferrable.
Well if you weren't buying one of those games a one week rental is perfect and cheap.

Yeah Fable 2. I can't wait to get drunk and have my friend shoot my wife.
I think that should stand as the final word on the subject. Congratulations to the vocal minority, we respect your book. but we also "Can't wait to get drunk and have our friends shoot our wives" X=D

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
Malygris post=7.74280.828048 said:
Certain Arabic hardcore gaming forums
If I could choose two things I would never put together, it would be gaming and a 'hardcore Arabic' forum.

Seriously though, people do seem to put a lot of effort into small things like that. I don't know many muslims, and I know very little of their faith, but a lot of them do seem to take a lot of offense over very small things. It reminds me of that time a cartoonist depicted Mohammed (sorry if that's spelt wrong) in a cartoon, and they supposedly burnt effergies (again, sp?) and threatened to kill him.