LoadingReadyRun: A Stitch In Time

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
That's basically a day in my life....

Gotta watch out for those time paradoxes, they'll eat you up!

Indiscrimi

Apr 2, 2008
I think that was actually the most paradox-free time-travel story I've every seen. Seriously. Back to the Future just drives me 'round the bend.

Telperion

Storyteller
Apr 17, 2008
Huh...I actually managed to watch an entire episode for a change.
Hey, way to go you...people who do this show...

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Hehe. Time travel. Always good for a laugh/headache.

And the Back to the Future reference... :D

In any event... I like it.

Unclever title

Mar 12, 2010
Oh wait... I think I get the paradox. After #1 gets shot he goes back in time and tells #2 (who eventually is wearing sunglasses) to warn himself about getting shot. #2 probably initially thinks that he can avoid it but then realizes if he never gets shot he'll never be able to warn himself in the past. So instead he (being the genius he is) goes back to dupe an earlier version of himself (#3) into getting shot so he doesn't have to. However this invokes a paradox as he tries to avoid getting shot by getting shot, and succeeds.

Apparently in this situation causality reasserts itself by breaking the time watch in the first place preventing what happened in the video from occurring thereby realigning the timeline and unfortunately our scientist friend will probably be shot... unless the robber was another time traveler trying to prevent a paradox...

Note to prospective time travelers: Always wear a bullet-proof vest.

MasterSplinter

Jul 8, 2009
Funny thing is, a couple of weeks ago, i saw a short comedy film of a local group about something kinda similar.

I wish i could show it to you guys but it is only on very select cinemas, it's very independent, although surprisingly professional.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Jack and Calumon said:
Man why does everyone's Future self have to be an asshole.

Calumon: ...My head hurts...alot...
Mine too, Calumon. Mine too...

(gives Calumon Ibuprofen and a cookie)

Anyway, great video, as always. Only thing that could have made it better, though, would be if at some point Sunglasses Paul had told Original Paul to get into a cardboard box. That would have been a nice little reference there.

And I'll give another cookie to anyone who can tell me what I'm referring to. Here's a clue: Keyboard buttons in lower left and upper left corners...

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
I'm not even going to try wrecking my head with the time logic... I'm just going to laugh at the funny video and tell they guys they did a brilliant job, and that Paul should be proud :D