LoadingReadyRun: A Stitch In Time

Pilkingtube

Edible
Mar 24, 2010
Well that was.. you know you can tell it's the future when random internet shows like this can do the "talking to yourself" thing without people having that weird green glow :p (from teh greenscreen)

Also.. i'm really confused, time paradoxes blow my mind D:

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
But... where did the duct tape come in?! I know it fixes everything, but the tape was bigger then the watch! And the confusion... where did sunglasses come from? All in all funny though. Just confusing as well.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
that
was
AWESOME!!!

and who knew that you in the future could be such an asshole! especially with being shot

Haberley

Sep 11, 2008
Jack and Calumon said:
Man why does everyone's Future self have to be an asshole.

Calumon: ...My head hurts...alot...
It's just how it works - your future self has lived loinger, therefore is guaranteed to know more, and has had time to buy cool sunglasses or grow anm evil beard... why WOULDN'T they be an asshole?

EnigmaHarper

Jul 22, 2009
I liked it.

It reminded me of something... Do you do time travel before?

Anyways... I really liked it.

I know, it's a pretty meaningless post, but it's early and I can't think of anything awesome to say at the moment. Maybe later in the day when I am more awake.

therandombear

Sep 28, 2009
Nice episode guys, just to make it even clearer though, should've glued a goetee on the "evil" Paul or "Emett" as he was called here.

Btw, was that Alexs' tenderizing gun from mancooking?

capacollo

Nov 17, 2009
Good episode ... If future him was really an asshole he would've sucker punched his present self in the balls ...

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
Good episode, but you really should have saved the ending bit for explaining the sunglasses with a funny joke.

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
Edit: Disregard what I just said. Paradoxes never make sense.

Wow... I like it! It's kind of got that same logic that Timesplitters: Future Perfect had. Where did the sunglasses come from? Who cares? It's Paul inventing something then totally messing with it.

Edit: Wait... Where did that first edit come from? I didn't put that in there, unless... My asshole future self! Noooo!

PaulaG

Jun 16, 2009
Great episode guys! I too wonder what the duct tape was used for.....

Also, not all future selves are assholes....Mirror universes....now those guys are the real dicks!

Layz92

May 4, 2009
Hahahahaha I love the "OH SHI- *voip*" awesome line and an awesome clip.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Temporal Paradox! lol, nice epp! Paul doing Science is epic and new ways!

nick n stuff

Nov 19, 2009
who ever wrote that is a genius or has too much time on their hands...wait, what's the difference?

DazZ.

Jun 4, 2009
The sunglasses must have come in after he went to get them in the future, then realised he never went back in time to tell himself to travel forward in time to the precise moment instead of going with the gunshot wound guy.

So he goes back to tell himself to not go with gunshot guy after picking up some sunglasses, and all is well. Apart from having a dead version of himself with him, which still doesn't make sense.

TheEnglishman

Jun 13, 2009
Well, my mind has been nice and efficiently blown.

Note to self: Don't build time machine, paradox's are a *****!

Galad

Nov 4, 2009
Quake 3 arena sound at 00:50 ish ftw!

also, the ending bit was anti-climactic :(

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
I can only imagine what would happen to Arnold Schwarzenegger if he had that watch...

MattAn24

Pulse l'Cie
Jul 16, 2009
Holy balls, that was epic. And thrice as many Pauls! A PS3 for each of them too! :D

Who knew a watch could be so deadly!? Also, it's a shame we couldn't see alternate reality versions of LRRies, including Paul!

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
Very clever concept .... talk about being your own worst enemy :3 Or more correctly, you in two minutes being your very worst enemy ... 2 minutes in the future-me would probably be an asshole too :3

webrunner

Sep 23, 2009
So if I understand:

E1 (shot) fiddles around, gets shot.
E1 goes back in time to warn himself
E2 (sunglasses) goes back in time to prevent himself from warning himself
E1 follows
E3 (main) gets shot too, and then goes back in time to warn himself.
E1 dies
E2 takes sunglasses off and causes temporal incursion
causing
E4 never succeeded in creating the watch

Decabo

Dec 16, 2009
Great episode, although Stephen Colbert had a Tek Jensen episode very similar to this.

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/81893/february-07-2007/tek-jansen---from-the-future

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
webrunner said:
So if I understand:

E1 (shot) fiddles around, gets shot.
E1 goes back in time to warn himself
E2 (sunglasses) goes back in time to prevent himself from warning himself
E1 follows
E3 (main) gets shot too, and then goes back in time to warn himself.
E1 dies
E2 takes sunglasses off and causes temporal incursion
causing
E4 never succeeded in creating the watch
What confuses me is, that if then E3 becomes the role of E1, shouldn't there be an infinite number of E1's that die? Wait, that got wrong... Daah, my head hurts!

obex

Gone Gonzo ..... no ..... wait..
Jun 18, 2009
Arkhangelsk said:
webrunner said:
What confuses me is, that if then E3 becomes the role of E1, shouldn't there be an infinite number of E1's that die? Wait, that got wrong... Daah, my head hurts!
Its easy E1 is the dude that we see at the start inventing the time machine he refuses to listen to E3 (shot dude) and goes into the future thereby getting shot and becoming E3.

In proper time travel all the E's are the same person just at different times but because E2 (sunglasses dude) got E3 shot and killed right after his second time jump there is no way E2 could of existed because E1 became E3 and died without ever getting the chance to become E2

this creates the paradox of if E2 never existed then E1 would never have jumped into the future and got killed but if he didnt die then E2 could of existed but if he existed he would then go back in time and prevent himself from existing again and so on add infinity

sharky8998

Nov 30, 2009
Nice video, but so confusing!

Btw, was that an original gameboy I saw on the workbench at the beginning?

Gammaj4

Nov 18, 2009
Great episode to make up for the remake last week.
Also, very nice duplicating.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
obex said:
Arkhangelsk said:
webrunner said:
Its easy E1 is the dude that we see at the start inventing the time machine he refuses to listen to E3 (shot dude) and goes into the future thereby getting shot and becoming E3.

In proper time travel all the E's are the same person just at different times but because E2 (sunglasses dude) got E3 shot and killed right after his second time jump there is no way E2 could of existed because E1 became E3 and died without ever getting the chance to become E2

this creates the paradox of if E2 never existed then E1 would never have jumped into the future and got killed but if he didnt die then E2 could of existed but if he existed he would then go back in time and prevent himself from existing again and so on add infinity
But where does E2 come in? If none of them ever came, E3 would still get shot. How did E2 even come to exist?

Myrph

Proud owner of a Jamtroller
Oct 27, 2009
Arkhangelsk said:
obex said:
Arkhangelsk said:
webrunner said:

But where does E2 come in? If none of them ever came, E3 would still get shot. How did E2 even come to exist?
Hence the paradox which ends the universe!

What I think actually happened with Sunglasses Emmett is he jumped into the future, jumped back to the point where he would have got shot, then went back to before he did his original jump and convinced E1 to go and distract the gunman so that he would get shot instead of E2.

Not that I'm overthinking this or anything!

thimblyjoe

Aug 10, 2009
Alright, here's how it really happened. E1 invents watch. E1 goes to future and buys pair of sunglasses. E1, now E2, goes back in time and gets shot, losing his sunglasses along the way, becoming E3. Then E3 time jumps to the time when E2 is getting his sunglasses. E2 freaks out and refuses to help him citing time paradoxes. E3, frustrated, then goes to get help from E1. That's where we start to see the events. When E2 gets E1 to take his place in becoming E3 we get a time paradox and the universe implodes killing all of them. WIN!

Note: I left out the events of the video itself in this. This is just an explanation of how E2 (guy with sunglasses) exists. Also, just to make sure my naming is understood, they are listed in order they appear in the video. E1=main, E2=sunglasses, E3=gunshot

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Snake what have you done? You created a time time paradox!!!-Colonel Campbell

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
capacollo said:
Good episode ... If future him was really an asshole he would've sucker punched his present self in the balls ...
Haven't you seen Time Cop that wouldn't work they would both die.

So that's how you divide by zero.

TheEnglishman

Jun 13, 2009
Arkhangelsk said:
obex said:
Arkhangelsk said:
webrunner said:

A wizard did it.

MrLee

Nov 19, 2009
Oh, Top Draw this time:d loved it;) are we looking at one of the top 10 best LRR videos of all time...?XD

dmcc85

Feb 18, 2010
the paradoxon kicked in a bit delayed.
and that makes it so funny, because he had the time to realize that and say "oh shit"

MadeinHell

Jun 18, 2009
I love the "Oh shi..." part :D

Also the stinger is one of the best ever! Keep it going guys! :D (and girls xP)

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
And this is why I only time travel with a dude with a blue phone box and a red head temp from Chiswick, paradoxes are so confusing...

Still, I love the last line: "Oh SHI-" *sucked into a time rip thing*

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
That's basically a day in my life....

Gotta watch out for those time paradoxes, they'll eat you up!

Indiscrimi

Apr 2, 2008
I think that was actually the most paradox-free time-travel story I've every seen. Seriously. Back to the Future just drives me 'round the bend.

DeadAccount1955

Nov 19, 2009
unacomn said:
Good episode, but you really should have saved the ending bit for explaining the sunglasses with a funny joke.
That would have explained and therefore eliminated the paradox.

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
But he was-? doesn't that mean-? Shouldn't this happen-?

GAAAAHHHH!!!!! Thought too much about it! *Brain Explodes*

All in all, pretty damn good guys!

Telperion

Storyteller
Apr 17, 2008
Huh...I actually managed to watch an entire episode for a change.
Hey, way to go you...people who do this show...

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Hehe. Time travel. Always good for a laugh/headache.

And the Back to the Future reference... :D

In any event... I like it.

Unclever title

Mar 12, 2010
Oh wait... I think I get the paradox. After #1 gets shot he goes back in time and tells #2 (who eventually is wearing sunglasses) to warn himself about getting shot. #2 probably initially thinks that he can avoid it but then realizes if he never gets shot he'll never be able to warn himself in the past. So instead he (being the genius he is) goes back to dupe an earlier version of himself (#3) into getting shot so he doesn't have to. However this invokes a paradox as he tries to avoid getting shot by getting shot, and succeeds.

Apparently in this situation causality reasserts itself by breaking the time watch in the first place preventing what happened in the video from occurring thereby realigning the timeline and unfortunately our scientist friend will probably be shot... unless the robber was another time traveler trying to prevent a paradox...

Note to prospective time travelers: Always wear a bullet-proof vest.

MasterSplinter

Jul 8, 2009
Funny thing is, a couple of weeks ago, i saw a short comedy film of a local group about something kinda similar.

I wish i could show it to you guys but it is only on very select cinemas, it's very independent, although surprisingly professional.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Jack and Calumon said:

Mine too, Calumon. Mine too...

(gives Calumon Ibuprofen and a cookie)

Anyway, great video, as always. Only thing that could have made it better, though, would be if at some point Sunglasses Paul had told Original Paul to get into a cardboard box. That would have been a nice little reference there.

And I'll give another cookie to anyone who can tell me what I'm referring to. Here's a clue: Keyboard buttons in lower left and upper left corners...

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
I'm not even going to try wrecking my head with the time logic... I'm just going to laugh at the funny video and tell they guys they did a brilliant job, and that Paul should be proud :D

Centrophy

Dec 24, 2009
"Wait, but where's my brain?" - Kevin Rose, Diggnation (Talking about Time Travel)

Not a bad episode, could have ended on a funnier note but well done regardless.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
What is that thing with George Bush Jr's face on it?

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
anyone see that Stephen Hawking show on the discovery channel about time travel? cause what he said made a whole lot of sense. :D

Myrph

Proud owner of a Jamtroller
Oct 27, 2009
Trivun said:
Jack and Calumon said:

Mine too, Calumon. Mine too...

(gives Calumon Ibuprofen and a cookie)

Anyway, great video, as always. Only thing that could have made it better, though, would be if at some point Sunglasses Paul had told Original Paul to get into a cardboard box. That would have been a nice little reference there.

And I'll give another cookie to anyone who can tell me what I'm referring to. Here's a clue: Keyboard buttons in lower left and upper left corners...
I'm not sure it was a cardboard box, but that game was awesome!

Of course...
Aptspire said:
The Doctor will see you now, Paul :p
...by cardboard you actually mean blue police! ;p

Miral

Random Lurker
Jun 6, 2008
dmcc85 said:
and that makes it so funny, because he had the time to realize that and say "oh shit"
Of course. Paradoxes don't exist until they're observed. (Just like gravity in cartoons.)

emm1t

Nov 21, 2009
Nice! LRR totally used my name. long time watcher I'm not surprised you incorporated me into a stellar video. It was probably back when i won the auction for jello man and wobbly that you guys went, you know whats a cool name? Emmit.

or Back to the Future. we're both equally as prominent in nerd culture.

Aenir

Mar 26, 2009
HA! I literally laughed out loud at the "Oh shi-" moment.

Freaking hilarious.

P.S.: I just watched that specific part again, and I still laughed. It is just awesome.

JDamien

Oct 20, 2009
sharky8998 said:

Of course it was. You think he just came up with the temporal matrix adjustment circuit on his own? He had to take it from something... And he sure as hell wouldn't've used the C64.

...or maybe that future asshole would have.

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
JDamien said:
sharky8998 said:

Of course it was. You think he just came up with the temporal matrix adjustment circuit on his own? He had to take it from something... And he sure as hell wouldn't've used the C64.

...or maybe that future asshole would have.
(*looks at the beginning of the video*)

Huh, you're right, it IS an original GameBoy. Nice observation!

Well, it makes sense to use one of those when you think about it. It must have some high-quality components if it can survive an explosion from Desert Storm, after all.

BloodyThoughts

EPIC PIRATE DANCE PARTY!
Jan 4, 2010
Edit: Ignore this post! It's my evil past self on the loose!

That was a great episode guys! The last few lines had me laughing my ass off.

"Oh shi-*Universe explodes*"

Edit: I didn't put that edit...
Oh god!

BloodyThoughts said:
Great episode, and it sucks that all that hard work and 2 billion dollars only made a crappy little military watch. At least you can still have cookies!
GET BACK HERE!
BloodyThoughts said:
EDIT2: Dammit! I was ninja'd!

Voodoomancer

Jun 8, 2009
Eric the Orange said:
Those goggles at the beginning are a nice prop, where did you get them?
Nice indeed, I thing they've used them for like every third video.

Captain-Matt

Feb 21, 2009
Voodoomancer said:
Eric the Orange said:
Those goggles at the beginning are a nice prop, where did you get them?
Nice indeed, I thing they've used them for like every third video.

They're oxy-acetalene gas welding goggles. Despite Paul holding up a gas torch (propane one, not hot enough for welding, or even braizing) and then having the white flash and crackle from electrical welding...

dmcc85

Feb 18, 2010
Miral said:
dmcc85 said:
Of course. Paradoxes don't exist until they're observed. (Just like gravity in cartoons.)
sooo... there was no lightning untill electricity was invented?

Danpascooch

Zombie Specialist
Apr 16, 2009
Wait, he stopped himself from being shot, by using his PAST self, as a human shield?

Does not compute

BelmontClan

Nov 15, 2009
This time paradox thing makes about as much sense as the time loop in the original Final Fantasy. Both make my HEAD HURT.

But I wonder if the robber guy had to go see a shrink after that experience.