LoadingReadyRun: Badly Broken

romxxii

Feb 18, 2010
I watched all of Season One, but stopped at Season Two. It just started to get too depressing.

Dascylus

May 22, 2010
So my experience of Breaking bad was...
People talking about school teachers with cancer cooking meth, internet images of a guys head on a tortoise followed by a break wherein I was engrossed by zombies and Westeros and now the finale crap comes about...
I mean I have a hard time with the whole "I don't sympathise with anyone in this situation" just by watching Sons of Anarchy.

I did watch the FineBros spoiler filled recap so I can nod and go "aha" "hmm" and "yeah, that's cool" at the right times but it is about as empty as singing hymns at weddings and funerals.

Extragorey

Dec 24, 2010
Ah, Breaking Bad. Possibly the best show that I've ever not-watched-but-really-been-meaning-to-get-around-to-watching. Good times.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009

Excellent, now that the series is over, I can finally start watching it.

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
I'm also going to come out and say that I haven't watched either Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones. Actually, and while I'm at it, I don't care for nor watch Dr. Who either.

That felt good.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
Psychobabble said:
Watched Breaking Bad. Loved Breaking Bad, but still found this epically hilarious, as I've had the same problems since I don't watch Game of Thrones of The Walking Dead.
I didn't even know Game of Thrones of The Walking Dead was a show. Sounds interesting, I'll get around to it, but first I got to watch Game of the Dead and Walking Thrones.

Psychobabble

. . . . . . . .
Aug 3, 2013
orangeapples said:
Psychobabble said:
Watched Breaking Bad. Loved Breaking Bad, but still found this epically hilarious, as I've had the same problems since I don't watch Game of Thrones of The Walking Dead.
I didn't even know Game of Thrones of The Walking Dead was a show. Sounds interesting, I'll get around to it, but first I got to watch Game of the Dead and Walking Thrones.
DOH!! Ooh boy that was one bad typo. I'm leaving it though as it's hilarious.

You know if there isn't a show called Game of Thrones of The Walking Dead there sure as hell should be.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
As someone who does watch Breaking Bad (and absolutely loves it) I got tired of the "Malcolm's dad is Walter White in witness protection" joke too.
And when people bring up shows I don't watch (a la Doctor Who, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones) I usually just keep quiet, let them have their fun.

luvd1

Jan 25, 2010
I'm over forty so I never gave a shite. Same for game of thrones, walking dead, lost, fire fly, the wire, Buffy...blah, blah, blah. Feel the same about games like GTA, red dead, saints row, res evil... I will do what I want to do and enjoy what I want to enjoy is that ok? Nice. Nerds are the most fascistic people I have ever met.

Noswad

Mar 21, 2011
Oh my god, there are others, this is amazing, i never watched Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, the wire, Walking Dead or Lost, i thought i was the only one. Its just easier to pretend, the strange thing is i actually watch a lot of TV, i just can't bring myself to care about any of these shows. The stuff i do watch is usually old enough for no-one to really care about any more, Star Trek, Buffy, Andromeda, The X files that kind of thing, i think the fact that a lot off people get excited about it actually puts me off a little bit.

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
SirCannonFodder said:
Farther than stars said:
I wouldn't say that's entirely fair. You need to judge a show on its own merits, not by the similarities with its contemporaries. And for what it's worth, I'd say 'Breaking Bad' is set apart from the rest by really taking a close look at what it is to become a "morally bankrupt anti-hero". It's a character examination quite a lot like 'Dexter', in that it focuses more on the main character arc than the surrounding events.
Although unlike Dexter, the Breaking Bad writers at least know how to string a decent plot together.
Yeah, that's probably true, although that did mean that you could guess the ending to Breaking Bad from a mile away. Literally nothing that happened in that last episode (apart from the Schwartzes) was any surprise at all.

varmintx

Oct 6, 2011
romxxii said:
I watched all of Season One, but stopped at Season Two. It just started to get too depressing.
If you found season 2 too depressing, that was probably a good call on your part. Show gets so brutal at the end.

WarHamster40K

Dec 2, 2009
Over the last month, I've been going through the streaming queue in NetFlix, and was able to get partway through season 5 before the finale happened. Now that it's completed, I don't feel rushed anymore. I'm caught up "enough" so that I can stumble through conversations and, if worse comes to worse, TVTropes can fill in the blanks.

With that said, swap out Breaking Bad with any sports team, and that's how I feel at work. At least nowadays, people can substitute it for about half a dozen TV shows at just about any time and people won't blink about it.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Oh, thank God. I'm not the only one.

(It's on the list, but... Y'know. Things.)

Also, please continue wearing pants. :)

Ipsen

Jul 8, 2008
Darth_Payn said:
This is the good thing about the Internet; if you think you're alone, you're not.
It's a peculiar type of alone though, in that people tend to speak up when they can relate to a topic. But if you can't...

Scrumpmonkey said:
Lyri said:
I watched every episode of Breaking Bad.

I feel, very, very alone in this thread.
Been here since season one, which is difficult as it's airing scheduled in the UK was pretty much non-existent. Five USA aired season one but i had to wait until the DVD of season two to see it. Since then I've simply had to download each season as it came out.

I know it's kind of become a bit of a TV watchers myth/ collective joke but season 1 and 2 were just as rough and raw but even more grounded in grim reality than the later seasons.

On that note, I ALSO have not seen Breaking Bad.

ManiacEskimo

Mar 31, 2009
This is exactly how I feel about most nintendo games and characters. The amount people obsess over them can be disturbing.

I loved Breaking Bad though, great show that genuinely deserves most of its praise, but I don't obsess over it.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Great episode, another classic Loading Ready...

Evil Smurf said:
If their kickstarter gets $170,000 I won't wear pants all year, NO PANTS NO RULES!

None of us watch breaking bad :D
How can you call yourself a member or the no-pants movement and then reject it's leading proponent.