LoadingReadyRun: Bros Clubbing Bros

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
bojac6 said:
I must have missed this bit, what happened? Were they actually "clubbing" each other?
Yes. Jer clubbed Alex a couple of times over the course of Desert Bus, this was sort of the climax of that particular story arc.

i am not god

Dec 6, 2007
Ah, this was brilliant, reminds me of how awesome it was on Desert bus. I'd do it over here in England but I can't think of the equivalent horrible drink.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
HaraDaya said:
Should've tried a can of that junk while I was in the Americas.
Why? Why would you want to do that to yourself?

On the video: XD. One of the funniest I've seen in a long time.

Myrph

Proud owner of a Jamtroller
Oct 27, 2009
As soon as I realised what this was, I was waiting for the can in a cup of starbucks club classic from DB and there it was, delivered as promised! Seriously genius!

Can see this being less funny if you weren't following during Desert Bus (seriously, club soda bandoleer actually happening was a million times more insane than it was in this), but a great episode either way!

nitemarez

Sep 21, 2009
"COME ON AT ME BRO,
COME ON AT ME BRO,
I'M A HEDGEHOG YO,
COME ON AT ME BRO!"

Anyone else thing of that Mr.Weebl song when they heard that line?

ANeM

Aug 19, 2007
The Gentleman said:
Guys, I thought after the incidents with Nerf guns [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/loadingreadyrun/1877-The-Arms-Race] and Gay Chicken [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/loadingreadyrun/1712-The-Gay-Chicken] you agreed escalation was a bad idea?
Perhaps, but those videos were Matt/James and Morgan/Bill respectively. Maybe they have individually agreed that escalation was bad. However LRR still has a few more cast members to escalate!

I'm holding out for escalation of the Paul/Kathleen robot/cat battle. It is not over until we have giant mechs vs genetically modified lions.

insanelich

Reportable Offender
Sep 3, 2008
bojac6 said:
Fightgarr said:
-Samurai- said:
I knew it!

Good ole' Desert Bus.
I thought I remembered witnessing that on Desert Bus 4. Great moments.
I must have missed this bit, what happened? Were they actually "clubbing" each other?
They were clubbing each other, and the soda bandoleer is an actual counter Alex used. That's why the conclusion of the video was pretty clear for those of us who watched 20+ hours of Desert Bus.

EDIT: Table breaking.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Mydnyght said:
We had Bill's Daddy's Got You...

We had Paul's Dartageddon...

We had Kathleen's Angry Kitties...

And now we have Alex's club soda suit.

LRR.... cH... you guys, continue being epic-awesome. ^_^

Also this:
"Place looks different." "We moved." "When?" "3 weeks ago." "Hmm..."
Well, I guess I'm the only one that still has the Angry Kitties.

Good work guys, that was pretty damn funny.

Lady Kathleen

Space Cowboy
Oct 8, 2009
Glad you guys liked our ingenious club soda delivery devices. The can in the loaf of bread was my idea - I very carefully cut out the bottom of the bread and then sealed it back in.

silv

Nov 21, 2009
I wish my friends and I would do this. Club soda is my favourite drink and I'd love to get free drinks all the time.

This was a great episode, I really liked the white-board notes. BTW, anyone else listen to their podcast on March the 16th and hear them say it would be a while before another CH came out?

Well player LRR, Well played.

ZombieGenesis

Apr 15, 2009
Lady Kathleen said:
Glad you guys liked our ingenious club soda delivery devices. The can in the loaf of bread was my idea - I very carefully cut out the bottom of the bread and then sealed it back in.
Haha, I was WONDERING how that was done.
Seriously, when I watched the video I thought to myself, "did they really bake a loaf with a can inside it?" which was of course struck down by the realisation that the oven may...well... explode. Still, very good.

Wish I had seen that part of Desert Bus, the 'come at me bro' picture with the club soda vest looks fantastic. All the more reason for me to watch next time I suppose~
(If LRR can stomach it again)

silv

Nov 21, 2009
Lady Kathleen said:
When I saw it I thought you guys had actually baked a can of club soda into a loaf of bread for a second. But it looked great! You couldn't tell that there was any incision in the bread. I thought the side of the bread that was facing away from the camera was cut off and that's how you got the can inside the loaf though.
Awesome visual :D

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
That was frigging hilarious! I especially liked the reaction to "playing Bros twisting bros." ::Sliding back six inches.::

Oculat Laroche is in the house!