LoadingReadyRun: GearsGear

Gammayun

Aug 23, 2011
Draconalis said:
That's not how you say Jaguar...
Well in Britain it is and by the looks of this video it is how they say it in Canada, so I guess only Americans Pronounce it differently but whatever doesn?t really matter you know what he was talking about.

TheAmazingHobo

Oct 26, 2010
Still sounds better than most cars that come out of America.

BOOM.
And stay down!

No, seriously, stay down. The floor is very slippery, you might fall down again if you try to get up unassisted.
Just wait a second, I´ll come over and help you.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Gammayun said:
Well in Britain it is and by the looks of this video it is how they say it in Canada, so I guess only Americans Pronounce it differently
The root word is Portuguese, Jaguera, which is pronounced the same way Americans pronounce it, though a little softer on the g for us. Britain adopted the word with their own dialect, but they are not the ones that are closest to the original in this case.

Sir Broccoli

Sep 17, 2008
BlackHazard said:
You can never see the entire GearsGear logo from the interview in one shot.
It gives the impression that the only enough letters for the Gears part and they just move the s letter back and forth.

Did any one notice that?
Oh yeah, now that you mention it.
They probably only moved the s once though, I'm guessing they shot Paul and Graham's bits separately and then edited them together.

LGC Pominator

Feb 11, 2009
PayneTrayne said:
Hungry Donner said:
Wait, is that how Graham actually pronounces "jaguars" or is it a character thing?
vallorn said:
Kathleens drinking Hobgoblin now?

thats good taste in beer right there.
These people have both taken my comments. Gosh darn them to heck.
and you sir appear to be in possession of my comment :(
Yeah Hobgoblin is Badass, tastes better when you take the lid off.

Also regional pronounciation of the word Jaguar seems different everywhere, Americans seem to call it jagwar and in England we pronounce it Jag-you-are, it seems like Graham found a happy middle ground between our dialects

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Water Soluble AND the possibility of being mauled??? SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Hoo boy, this was too funny! But I think I'll stick to my 2003 Ford Focus, since it's fuel efficient, not home to a flesh-eating jaguar, and does not disolve on contact with water.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
what are they going to do for horse power?
Empirical studies have shown that jaguar power beats horse power in 99.98% of trials.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
PayneTrayne said:
Hungry Donner said:
Wait, is that how Graham actually pronounces "jaguars" or is it a character thing?
vallorn said:
Kathleens drinking Hobgoblin now?

thats good taste in beer right there.
These people have both taken my comments. Gosh darn them to heck.
*evil laugh here*
seriously though Hobgoblin is lovley.

TIMESWORDSMAN

Wishes he had fewer cap letters.
Mar 7, 2008
Even though this was mostly done on greenscreen, I still can't wait for the Loading Time for this skit. It just looks like it was fun to film, and I wan't to know how they did the wind for the wind tunnel. It doesn't look like they used an ordinary fan...

...Wait, LEAFBLOWER!

Gammayun

Aug 23, 2011
Draconalis said:
Gammayun said:
Well in Britain it is and by the looks of this video it is how they say it in Canada, so I guess only Americans Pronounce it differently
The root word is Portuguese, Jaguera, which is pronounced the same way Americans pronounce it, though a little softer on the g for us. Britain adopted the word with their own dialect, but they are not the ones that are closest to the original in this case.
Thanks, that actually quite intresting. I like it when im wrong and someone actually bothers to tell me the truth about the subject matter so that i actually learn something for once. Plus it teaches me not to bullshit on the internet. :D

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
what are they going to do for horse power?
Given the Jaguars under the hood, you probably *don't* want to know... But that is going to be one stonking huge engine compartment!

praetor_alpha

LOL, Canada!
Mar 4, 2010
MatParker116 said:
At least the cars don't make you sterile, although the Jaguar might.
Speaking of, I don't remember hearing about the mosquito spray [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiCfFl6iF4A] in the Yummies product list. Or did they get sued so bad they had to stop making it? (lifetime supplies of snack cakes must be EXPENSIVE!!!)
Hungry Donner said:
It must be how they pronounce it in Canadia.