LoadingReadyRun: GearsGear

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
praetor_alpha said:
Hungry Donner said:
Wait, is that how Graham actually pronounces "jaguars" or is it a character thing?
It must be how they pronounce it in Canadia.
I've heard Europeans use a pronunciation like this before, so I wouldn't be astonished to learn that some Canadians also use it - but in the past I've always heard Canadians use "Jag-gwar." I'm more familiar with Eastern Canada than Western Canada, which may explain the divide.

Erlenmeyer Flask

Mar 6, 2012
This is actually significantly less silly than real life - General Mills, better known for their popular cereal brands, also made a submarine called the DSV Alvin, which was used to (among other things) explore the wreck of the Titanic.

stephen0118

Jan 13, 2010
Hungry Donner said:
Wait, is that how Graham actually pronounces "jaguars" or is it a character thing?
Actually if you hear the commercials here in the States, that's how the British announcer says it.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Lancer873 said:
It is if you're British. Go watch Top Gear.
Then I would have to watch TV... and that's just unacceptable.

Gammayun said:
Thanks, that actually quite intresting. I like it when im wrong and someone actually bothers to tell me the truth about the subject matter so that i actually learn something for once. Plus it teaches me not to bullshit on the internet. :D
I do what I must, because I can.

Lady Kathleen said:
The "jag-u-are" pronunciation was a character thing.
Thank god for that.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
Do you only have five letters? The G, e, a, r, and s? Is that why you're keeping the shots so they never have "GearsGear" in the frame at any one time? I'm not complaining, I'm just curious. Pretty neat trick, too.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
Andy of Comix Inc said:
Do you only have five letters? The G, e, a, r, and s? Is that why you're keeping the shots so they never have "GearsGear" in the frame at any one time? I'm not complaining, I'm just curious. Pretty neat trick, too.
I was under the impression that it was done in greenscreen and the logo was CG, so they have potentially unlimited letters.

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Endocrom said:
Andy of Comix Inc said:
I was under the impression that it was done in greenscreen and the logo was CG, so they have potentially unlimited letters.
You are correct! I'm glad it looked real to someone though :)

Extragorey

Dec 24, 2010
Pretty sure I heard somebody laughing at the end of the stinger there (as Kathleen's hat fell off).
Anyway, awesome video! I wish my car came with jaguars... Because they'd be like the best anti-theft device ever.

zvate

Aug 12, 2010
Should have ended it with "for that special someone... You would enjoy seeing mauled".
Still a fun scetch as always:)

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
This'll never take off. I mean, think about it....
Don't the jaguars have to be water-soluble too?

What?

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Erlenmeyer Flask said:
This is actually significantly less silly than real life - General Mills, better known for their popular cereal brands, also made a submarine called the DSV Alvin, which was used to (among other things) explore the wreck of the Titanic.
I did not know that. I hope Alvin isn't water soluble.

Also there's plenty of Korean and Japanese conglomerates which are involved in many different industries. Like Yamaha who make musical instruments and motorbikes, or Mitsubishi cars and consumer electronics. Not sure how many make "food" and cars though :)

EDIT: Also thank you Graham for the UK pronunciation of Jaguar!

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
I love how Mike lost his cool around the whole 'Jaguar' part. I guess even some of Paul's roles have their limits to how much stupid they can hear.

Personally, though, I'd want one of those cars. ^_^ I can give it as a gift to one of my car-loving friends.

wottabout

May 4, 2011
praetor_alpha said:
Speaking of, I don't remember hearing about the mosquito spray [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiCfFl6iF4A] in the Yummies product list. Or did they get sued so bad they had to stop making it? (lifetime supplies of snack cakes must be EXPENSIVE!!!)
Well, if you are coated in Skeeterpellant and eating Yummies snack cakes, I imagine your lifetime will be too short to get expensive.
(I was also listening for mosquito spray in the product list.)

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
Wow nice callback to yummies snack cakes there guys, I was hoping that DR Gibb would also make a cameo when i heard that lol.