LoadingReadyRun: Informational Presentation

eframson

Nov 30, 2009
OMG! The ending was so fantastic I almost spit out partially-masticated oatmeal on my keyboard. I was going to say that they captured the feel of 80s style training videos pretty well (and believe me, I've seen my share of the real thing...ugh). Although funnily enough, the shadow effect behind the text and graphs was actually a bit more modern than I would expect from the "real" thing. Silly technical critique, and other than that, simply fantastic. <3 LRR.

ben---neb

No duckies...only drowning
Apr 22, 2009
Catkid906 said:
Good, but not great. Didn't expect the Piechart Lethality part though.

Calumon: And another reason for Jack to play with me and Ignore Statistics homework! ^^

[sub][sub]Like I even NEED a reason[/sub][/sub]
I would find it interesting to construct a graph representing your post count against number of times you're spilt personality seriously freaks me out. The eventual curve would follow a downwards gradient perhaps rising again after an unspecified x posts.

However, due to the apparent lethality of graphs I'm afraid I will not do so.

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
At first I was wondering why, given the aesthetic style, there was not any graphs. And then by the end the number of graphs was terrifying.

pigmy wurm

Nov 18, 2009
ah the spiritual successor to quantum documentary. I have to say I was really expecting Kathleen to have had a hand in writing this, it seems to have her real simultaneous dry and warped style.

I think the middle part lagged a bit though. it started amusing enough, and once the whole fear of grafts things became really apparent it got better, but it was a little slow in between, and the stinger was nice. If wanted to I could easily depict my level of amusement through the piece with a graph, but I am lazy.

-IT-

Feb 5, 2008
Freebird. said:
Marvellous stuff. The end was crazy and the first half reminded me of this.

*joins the increasing list of people who think the LRR vid reminded them of that one*

*goes off to make a chart to display this increase*

KhakiHat

Dec 28, 2008
Reminds me of those videos made by Xplane, the people who made the 2007 Shift Happens vid. But much more cooler.

AfterAscon

Tilting at WHARRGARBL
Nov 29, 2007
This reminds me of two thing. First the boring E3 presentative years ago by Nintendo, where the first half was nothing but tedious charts. Secondly it reminds me of this:

Vuirneen

Nov 16, 2009
I loved the beginning - the whole how to give a presentation was a good way of showing how meaningless some lectures are. I thought the rising worry was connected to that, so the lethal pie chart was surprising.

I loved Look Around You and thought this video was class.

MooseHowl

Dec 20, 2008
Hilariously self-referential. Nicely done, it's been a while since Quantum Documentary back in... GOOD GOD, August 2004?! I've been watching LRR videos for nearly 6 years.

PayneTrayne

Filled with ReLRRgious fervor.
Dec 17, 2009
I was originally going to complain that Paul wasn't the dead guy, but seeing as how Jeremy technically played an undead person, continuity continues.

OT: Great video, listening to the pie chart lethality at high volume caused a bit of a jump, and the stinger was fantastic. The old school posters in the background, as well as Kathleen's attire truly nailed the informational video feel.

ZehGeek

[-Militaires Sans Frontieres-]
Aug 12, 2009
I think Kathleen now has a fear of Charts and Graphs on top of her fear of Bears. D:
Anyway, nice job guys. I'm sure someone's probably gonna use it as a guide for a infomertial. The commedor64 poster in the front was nice, I thought you guys were gonna do a bit about it. o.o

ritchards

Non-gamer in a gaming world
Nov 20, 2009
I think Kathleen would be able to do a very good Rod Sterling.
"You have entered through a door...there is a graph on it..."

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Quite amusing.

Also, somewhat reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBcrTucxiRc

Warning: may contain a middle aged man with no top on.