LoadingReadyRun: Installation Anxiety 2010

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
Chase Yojimbo said:
So he installed Linux in the toilet... well atleast its being used properly like all other Linux. Covered in shit.
Buuuuurrrrrrnnnnn

Being a CS major a lot of my fellow students have this same thing. But, it gets worse. They act all snobbish and uppity when you tell them you run windows, like its ridiculous to imagine someone might actually prefer windows over other platforms. Cheeky Bastards.

Tim_LRR

Nov 16, 2009
As has been mentioned by a couple of people in this thread, we remade the video to show at w00tstock in Seattle and Portland, because we wanted to show a geeky video that had been shot at the level of production values which represents our current work, not our work from four years ago.

And then we had the remake sitting there, so why not show it to everyone else, too?

I'm glad people enjoyed it. For those who are disappointed that it's a remake, I apologize. Hopefully you'll be happier with next week's offering.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Ok, it's a scene by scene remake of a previous video, and very well done, but I just watched all the LRR videos on the old site over the past couple of weeks :D

I hope there's some genuine new stuff coming soon.

Oh if you're going to remake old LRRs, any chance of doing some of the early Season 1 vids that aren't on the website now? ;)

dftbaftw

Nov 18, 2009
I see Paul is utilising the classic movie technique of never hitting the space bar for added dramatic effectiveness.

dls182

Viva La Squir
Jun 15, 2009
My initial reaction to this video was one of disappoint. However, with a little context, it makes sense. It was re-filmed to be played at W00tstock, so to get a little more out of it, they posted it on The Escapist for the new fans that don't know of the original to watch.

It is worth noting that it is a very good video though.; as is the original.

EDIT: It appears that I have been ninja'd by Mr Sevenhuysen.

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
And *this* is why I never installed Linux!!! ;)

Hilarious episode, see you guys next week!!

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
I saw it in the beginning on the shelf...Homestarrunner character figures! Linux is a mad mans OS I believe. Still very funny with the jokes of Linux and such especially the Eye Patch one.

8bitmaster

Devourer of pie
Nov 9, 2009
All I gotta say is that this one didn't need to be remade. The original one was better and all naysayers need to re see it. Nuff said.

BeamSplashX

Jan 2, 2010
I was almost certain that Paul was going to install Linux into Kathleen behind Graham's back.*

*Not an innuendo... YET.

syltman

Feb 12, 2009
This actually reminds me of myself, I had no use for linux so all I did was installing it over and over again

Strave

Gallant Gentleman
Feb 5, 2009
Well, the original was hilarious, so obviously this one is, too. And it's kind of cool seeing it with God-level production value. HD video, audio, the whole shebang (and I think you guys have improved as actors, as well!). A little confusing, but thanks to Tim, that's all cleared up.

I do have to admit, I think my favorite part of this video is and has always been Paul mentioning "Scorched Earth." Hell yes - that game.

I also like the fact that, seeing this again, I now have the prior knowledge of what a beastly cooking master Morgan is, so his insistence on teaching Graham how to cook pirogis gave me a chuckle.