LoadingReadyRun: Internet Opinions

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Internet Opinions

The most important public service announcement on the Internet.

Watch Video

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
I was able to view this earlier on youtube for some reason... And I loved it then, too!
When I tried arguing on the internet about it in the comments, there seemed to be some sort of 404 thing happening.

In any case, loved the video!

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
Ok, I know Gif's creators insist on a soft J sound, but they are obviously better at programming than linguistics. It is a Graphics Interchange Format - hard G! It is clearly a hard G. And the closest real word is "gift". There can be no two ways about it.

Alex, you rock.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
I actually did start trying to give fewer fucks on the internet over the past few years. It's really helped. I'd find myself typing a lengthy response on one forum or another, then stop and ask myself "Is this subject really important enough for me to expend energy on arguing with a total stranger?" or "Does it really matter if he thinks he won the argument over some trivial gaming-related minutiae?" or some such. The answer would almost always be "No, I don't really give a shit" and I'd move on. Sure, sometimes I falter and get into a flamewar or fall for some trollbait, but overall, it's improved my internet experience massively.

Also, love hipster Graham, but Kathleen can't do a proper duckface. It's not nearly trashy enough...

Jan 12, 2012
I was looking forward to a stinger telling off Paul for being the kind of person who sees an argument and jumps in to tell people it's pointless, and that everyone needs to be more cool and above pettiness like him.

Instead, I got angry Alex. Just as good.

varmintx

Oct 6, 2011
So, can I just copy and paste this video all over IGN, Gamespot, ANN, The Escapist, blu-ray.com, or anywhere else I might go and see pointless, asinine arguing? :)

LRR, proving once again they are the greatest thing on the internet.

azriel2422

Jul 19, 2010
I laughed out loud. I will now share with all that I know, and ironically denounce any disapproval.

JonB

Don't Take Crap from Life
Sep 16, 2012
The coalition for sanity on the internet are biased jerks. They're in the pocket of groups like PopSci, that have banned comment sections. They are everything that is wrong with the world.

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
Did Paul have braces on? Are they new *goes to watch past videos*

You can sometime tell who wrote a video before the credits roll // Paul writes a certain way as does Graham and Kathleen and this video feels like they each wrote their own part

-M

Slash2x

Dec 7, 2009
DEAR LORD IN HEAVEN!!! ARE YOU TRYING TO BREAK THE INTERWEBZ???!!!

Oh why is there so much hate in the world wide web? Oh wait people......

Daedrin

Apr 17, 2010
Ohlookit said:
Did Paul have braces on? Are they new *goes to watch past videos*

You can sometime tell who wrote a video before the credits roll // Paul writes a certain way as does Graham and Kathleen and this video feels like they each wrote their own part

-M
Yeah, feels like they all had some sort of "Man. Internet arguing, huh?" script and roomwrote it into this. :)

Laughed pretty hard. This is an awesome video and don't you dare disagree.

Aardvaarkman

I am the one who eats ants!
Jul 14, 2011
How can I donate to the Selfies Opposition Fund?

Also, it's pronounced "GIF," with a hard 'g.' And yes, I know that the creator of the GIF format disagrees with me, but he is wrong. How is it possibly pronounced "jiff" when it begins with a 'g'? If he didn't want it pronounced as 'gif' then maybe he shouldn't have given it that name?

Does one pronounce 'graphics' as 'j-raffics'??? I mean, really.

Joseph Harrison

Apr 5, 2010
The line where Paul said "Before you answer, I want you to grab yourself a cool, refreshing glass of who gives a shit" nearly made me spit my water all over my keyboard and I had to pause the video because I was laughing so hard. Great work you guys, lovely video.

P.S. You looked quite dapper in that suit Paul

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
JonB said:
The coalition for sanity on the internet are biased jerks. They're in the pocket of groups like PopSci, that have banned comment sections. They are everything that is wrong with the world.
You know, I was going to comment on how wrong you are with this comment, but then I remembered "who gives a shit?"

Thanks Coalition for Sanity on the Internet!

saxman234

Nov 23, 2011
This was fantastic. I mean it won't change anything because the internet is a toxic place, but it was funny. I could go for a cool refreshing glass of "who gives a shit". (Are curses allowed on the escapist forums, probably should look at the terms or rules or something, well I will keep it in quotes anyways so I don't get in trouble).

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
varmintx said:
So, can I just copy and paste this video all over IGN, Gamespot, ANN, The Escapist, blu-ray.com, or anywhere else I might go and see pointless, asinine arguing? :)

LRR, proving once again they are the greatest thing on the internet.
True dat. Comment section in IGN articles get real nasty and hatefilled. I almost never leave a comment there myself, preferring the more sophisticated community of The Escapist.

impocalyptic

Oct 31, 2011
Please tell me where I can sign up for the coalition for sanity on the internet. And where I can buy a t-shirt.

JonB

Don't Take Crap from Life
Sep 16, 2012
The Gentleman said:
JonB said:
You know, I was going to comment on how wrong you are with this comment, but then I remembered "who gives a shit?"

Thanks Coalition for Sanity on the Internet!
No! Being Ignored! A troll's only weakness! I'm MELTING!

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Aardvaarkman said:
How can I donate to the Selfies Opposition Fund?

Also, it's pronounced "GIF," with a hard 'g.' And yes, I know that the creator of the GIF format disagrees with me, but he is wrong. How is it possibly pronounced "jiff" when it begins with a 'g'? If he didn't want it pronounced as 'gif' then maybe he shouldn't have given it that name?

Does one pronounce 'graphics' as 'j-raffics'??? I mean, really.
No, but we do pronounce giraffe with a j sound along with several other words and names that starts with g.

Pronouncing gif as jiff though... I won't ever do that and I am sure more people understand what I mean if I say gif than jiff which is really what's most important. That's also the reason why I can't actually properly pronounce the word jalapeño.