LoadingReadyRun: It's Magic

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Damn this took me back... Ah, too bad none of my friends really play Magic anymore, it's such a wonderful game. Even though i had more cards that one deck, i never really tried to build a deck myself. I guess i would have if i knew more people playing.

Anyways, the video was seriously awesome! Had a lot of good jokes and nice stuff.
You people really know your thing.
And now i can't wait for a new episode since maybe it has some MTG, too. Damn.

VZLANemesis

Jan 29, 2009
dubious_wolf said:
Angry Kitty! That was the best cHustle in a long time. Bravo Lady and Gentlemen. Encore I say!
While another one may be too much.. this was awesome.
I used to love a mtg related comic so much... manascrewed if somebody wants more mtg funny content... Its not being updated anymore, but old players should have a blast with it.
I wish it was still going T-T

Wes1180

Wes1180
Jul 25, 2009
I'd like to play but...
1) I don't have enough money and
2) I have nobody to play with

So I was wondering is the game on steam any good?

Ensiferum

Apr 24, 2010
That was great! my friends and I just started playing Magic, so I really related to the episode. That whole "spending limit" never does work.

Matt_LRR

Unequivocal Fan Favorite
Nov 30, 2009
Chasmodius said:
Alex has the magic of film-editing, maybe.
Alex also actually does card tricks. This episode is a little of column A, a little of column B.

-m

Chasmodius

Rogue Commentator
Jan 13, 2010
Matt_LRR said:
Alex also actually does card tricks.
Yes, of course, I did not mean to denigrate his obvious skill at the slight-of-hand operations on display. But that is clearly not the "magic" which astounded Graham, which Alex described as the magic of magnets. I simply posited that Alex's skill at video-editing was the real wizardry on display (regardless of who actually edited the video, I mean to argue that he was transferring the skills he has been honing with the Crapshots to "real life").

Xocrates

May 4, 2008
Wes1180 said:
I'd like to play but...

Depends on what you think a good MtG game needs to have. The Steam version solves both your problems by being a) cheap compared to the real thing, b) having online and a solid AI.

That said, you need to unlock all but 2 of the decks by playing the campaign, the Deck editing is very limited (you can't alter the base decks, you can only add/remove cards you unlock later for each deck. And there is no way to control the amount/type of lands, the game does that for you), it takes a while to get used to the game mechanics (namely the time windows to respond and the fact that lands auto-tap), and if you're planning on playing online, I should warn that last I checked there was no chat other than voice chat (which CAN'T be turned off if you have a microphone plugged in).

I did have fun with it and consider it a fairly solid investment (heck, I considered the challenges alone worth the price), but if you're anything other than a casual player there are probably better alternatives, including MtG:Online

The Random One

May 29, 2008
It's amazing how CH manages to be consistently better than the normal episodes of a series that is so consistently good. Magic magic cards were awesome. MAGIC ALL UP ON THIS *****

I guess Kitty Deck Wins is the next Red Deck Wins.

Vanbael

Arctic fox and BACON lover
Jun 13, 2009
Oh this was appropriate after winning an EDH tourney. I do love Alex's magic tricks in Magic the Gathering. All I have to say is I've been in Kitty vs. Bird wars, I beat the cats down hard.

Wes1180

Wes1180
Jul 25, 2009
Xocrates said:
Wes1180 said:
I'd like to play but...

Depends on what you think a good MtG game needs to have. The Steam version solves both your problems by being a) cheap compared to the real thing, b) having online and a solid AI.

That said, you need to unlock all but 2 of the decks by playing the campaign, the Deck editing is very limited (you can't alter the base decks, you can only add/remove cards you unlock later for each deck. And there is no way to control the amount/type of lands, the game does that for you), it takes a while to get used to the game mechanics (namely the time windows to respond and the fact that lands auto-tap), and if you're planning on playing online, I should warn that last I checked there was no chat other than voice chat (which CAN'T be turned off if you have a microphone plugged in).

I did have fun with it and consider it a fairly solid investment (heck, I considered the challenges alone worth the price), but if you're anything other than a casual player there are probably better alternatives, including MtG:Online
I actually haven't played it before and just saw it on steam. I have played the yugioh card game before and spent too much money on it.

Xocrates

May 4, 2008
Wes1180 said:
I actually haven't played it before and just saw it on steam. I have played the yugioh card game before and spent too much money on it.
In that case I believe you should be fine. The game is obviously meant as a gateway drug as opposed to a replacement to the real thing.