"You aren't even playing a red deck!"

"Aren't I?"

"You still cheated at Magic -- the game"

"Did I?"

This one was so good. Laughed so hard.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Oh man, that brought back some happy high school memories.

Also, some slightly less happy memories of pilfering my dad's wallet in order to fund the habit.

dfcrackhead

Apr 14, 2009
Delusibeta said:
Also, Desert Bus 4 [http://desertbus.org/] is this week. Donate some spare cash to Child's Play, and make the LRR crew play Desert Bus for longer. Tech rehersal's Wednesday 6pm to 10pm PST (about noon to 4pm GMT), with the show proper starting Thursday 6pm PST, until whenever the donations dry up. Magic: The Gathering will probably be played in the background.

(I realsie that The Escapist will inevitably make a mention of it, but this is just a head's up).
it starts Friday at 6 pmt, not thursday. check desertbus.org for info

James_LRR

Nov 30, 2009
Hooray!!! I'm super stoked all of you liked it, I think the entire crew was pretty excited for this episode.

Also, yes thats Kathleen popping out behind the chairs in the scene at the store.
Desert Bus does in fact start on Friday @ 6:00PM

and lastly, Magic the Gathering has taken a tight grip on all of us... send help.

shadowyoasis

Feb 8, 2008
summerof2010 said:
"You aren't even playing a red deck!"

"Aren't I?"

"You still cheated at Magic -- the game"

"Did I?"

This one was so good. Laughed so hard.
This episode had me laughing so hard in general. I use to play MTG a long time ago so I got a good laugh at the part where there standing outside the store and recapped how alex beat them all (swing for 37 damage, mill your whole deck, 6 makes 10 poison counters, now you can't cast spells ever)

Telperion

Storyteller
Apr 17, 2008
I still got a huge box of thousands of MtG cards in my basement. And I also got a couple of thousand VTES cards in another box. Ah, the days of card gaming, please never come back!

Of course, if anyone wants to challenge me to a MtG game on XBox Live, I'll pwn your ass!

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
Graham doesn't want to talk to a scientist? :p
also: no one can beat the kitty deck XD

Tempest13

Aug 23, 2010
I love how Kathleen was hiding in the back of the card store. As a guy who just got into magic, this episode feels like a giant love letter to Magic players.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
Alex and Cats? Couldn't be a better Loading Ready Run video.
Maybe if there was a kebab and mayonnaise aswell. But this is probably the closest it could get to epic.

The shop scene was very amusing. I'm impressed at how the shop keeper kept his steel.

Tel_Windzan

Dec 18, 2008
Considering how much I love Magic the Gathering, this episode was awesome!

I wish I had the money to afford a box of boosters. That was my goal for a long time when I was working on my collection. Maybe if I ever get a steady income at some point, maybe I can buy one just for sentimental reasons. Oh, and build an awesome deck(s), too!

RvLeshrac

This is a Forum Title.
Oct 2, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
Woot! CHustle!

I'll stick to the digital versions of Magic and other CCGs...Never again will I spend money on
cards.

Not since I actually saw how much money was wasted on booster packs...And then I never played more than a handful of matches, anyway.

I prefer to use Blue Decks...Even if I lose, I've pissed you off canceling your shit.
Blue/Red Land-Destruction/Denial. Because everyone loves disappearing land that slowly murders you, and the inability to actually get anything on the field.

AssassinJoe

Oct 1, 2010
No! Come back Tim!

HankMan said:
I want the Angry Kity deck!
I also like the idea of the M*A*S*H parody, but which one of you is going to play Hawkeye?
Obviously Paul will play Hawkeye. I mean look at him! He's a ringer for Alan Alda!

Lady Kathleen

Space Cowboy
Oct 8, 2009
James_LRR said:
Hooray!!! I'm super stoked all of you liked it, I think the entire crew was pretty excited for this episode.

Also, yes thats Kathleen popping out behind the chairs in the scene at the store.
Desert Bus does in fact start on Friday @ 6:00PM

and lastly, Magic the Gathering has taken a tight grip on all of us... send help.
Send cards!