LoadingReadyRun: It's Magic

Taynas

May 20, 2010
This episode was hilarious. I was slightly saddened by the way Tim left but I guess the cH versions of you guys really are jerks so that explains that.

MisterLillie

Mar 18, 2009
One of you best!
Graeme your Gorrilaz shirt is boss! I wish I had picked one up when I was at the concert.

Conan_Edogawa

Apr 14, 2009
so did Tim actually leave? is he no longer with LRR?

also, I've been wanting to get into Magic for a long time now but haven't due to a combination of being lazy and poor. anyone have any advice on sets to start with?

Lady Kathleen

Space Cowboy
Oct 8, 2009
To answer some questions that are coming up - Tim left because he is finishing his Masters degree and getting married. He's a busy guy and just doesn't have time to commit to LRR outside of everything else. He's still around, but won't be making regular appearances.

Bill and Morgan are much in the same way. They're still around (and will be driving during Desert Bus this year! www.desertbus.org *ahem*), but they don't make regular appearances due to work/school/other commitments.

moose_man

Nov 9, 2009
I love Commodore Hustle. Maybe I can get my D&D group to up our nerd quota for some Magic...

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Lady Kathleen said:
To answer some questions that are coming up - Tim left because he is finishing his Masters degree and getting married. He's a busy guy and just doesn't have time to commit to LRR outside of everything else. He's still around, but won't be making regular appearances.

Bill and Morgan are much in the same way. They're still around (and will be driving during Desert Bus this year! www.desertbus.org *ahem*), but they don't make regular appearances due to work/school/other commitments.
While I'm sad to hear they can't make it as much as they use to I'm glad you're all still friends and everything. :D

I have to admit, since I really don't have any friends and are terrible at card games I couldn't give it my highest rating but it was still a funny episode.

Theistic

Oct 27, 2009
I got a Magic deck for my birthday last month.
I've spent so goddamned much already now...
Awesome episode, easily my favourite!

Conan_Edogawa said:
also, I've been wanting to get into Magic for a long time now but haven't due to a combination of being lazy and poor. anyone have any advice on sets to start with?
Many game stores have free promotional packs with about 40 cards of each color. They actually have some pretty neat cards, and you can definitely build around the cards you get. I've made a vampire deck around the black deck and it's decent for casual.
Although my elf deck totally rapes face. Swinging for 120 is always fun, if not particularly effective. That was built around the Ears of the Elves duels of the planeswalkers deck, singles and lots and lots of trading.

Otherwise, duel decks give two pretty nice decks (Tezzeret vs. Elspeth is cool. I'd stay away from Phyrexia vs. the Coalition though).

The easiest thing is getting someone to play with first though. I have two friends in my college and we play pretty much every day. There is nothing more fun than total chaos of burn vs. elves. vs. suicide black.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Pfft. None of them could stand up to my Rat Deck! Nearly everyone i play reduces your maximum hand size until your down to 1! MUAHAHAHA IM EVIL!!

Aww crap. Kitty deck.... I concede....

Holy_Handgrenade

Feb 16, 2009
I guess you just went to the Gorillaz concert. I went to see them on friday and one word awsome I also got the hoodie.

OrokuSaki

Nov 15, 2010
......you have no idea how often that happens to me. No the whole color-changing mid-game nonsense. But I have a friend who just crushes me in 3 turns no matter what color I play. But we play casual and type 1. I suppose that makes it my fault for letting him run 4 sneak attacks and 2 darksteel colossi.

don_geilo

Aug 30, 2010
Finally more commodore Hustle! Very good first scene btw. Nice passing of the torch there. May I ask for some more Phailhaüs as well?

Zombus

Apr 29, 2009
Wow you guys really reached into the heart and soul of that game. That is essentially the reason why me and my friends play so infrequently and why when we do, it is only with stuff thats fun, not stuff that wins.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
OrokuSaki said:
......you have no idea how often that happens to me. No the whole color-changing mid-game nonsense. But I have a friend who just crushes me in 3 turns no matter what color I play. But we play casual and type 1. I suppose that makes it my fault for letting him run 4 sneak attacks and 2 darksteel colossi.
Run Snapbacks and Dazes for that silliness if you're running Blue. Once he dumps his hand trying to power out the colossus, you bounce the colossus back and...he can't play it until he finds more mana.

Most cheat-into-play decks rely on a very tight/fast mana curve. Daze can kill that.

OT: It's a shame that Wizards is flat-out raping their customers now with this Mythic-rare nonsense. Their latest set has virtually no good cards at any rarity other than Rare and Mythic.

It's why I don't play competitively anymore. Standard is an endless arms race.