LoadingReadyRun: It's Magic

Asturiel

the God of Pants
Nov 24, 2009
Alex_LRR said:
I forsee Kor firewalker as being a potential problem, but I have solutions for him. Smoldering spires shoves him out of the way for blocking, spitfire flies right over him, and any burn I would fire at him just goes to my opponent's dome instead. Plus, if my opponent uses removal, I can copy it with reverberate.
True enough, I suppose your version of the deck isn't as crippled as others are. One time my opponent ploped down three in one game... If I would have lightning bolted him he would have lost no life :(

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
Graham_LRR said:
Double A said:
Seriously? Turn all your creatures into 4/4s?

Need I suggest Doubling Season and Overwhelm?
In general we seem to be keeping to Type 2 decks, just for fairness. That way there's less "what card is THAT?!"
But I'll think about that for sure!
Oh, well, that makes sense, the cards in the block were normally meant to be played with each other and not others for fairness's sake. But I normally run with a few cards from Time Spiral or the sets close to it, since that's when I bought the vast majority of my cards.

Well, have fun trying to beat the Angry Kitty deck.

pigmy wurm

Nov 18, 2009
Alex_LRR said:
Glad to hear a positive response to the video everyone!

Someone was asking about my decklist, which isn't actually goblins. I play RDW at Friday Night Magic at Yellowjacket now with some pretty decent success. Its a fun and straightforward build, and I never get tired of flattening $80 Jace, The Mind Sculptors with my 25¢ commons and $4 rares.
I just hope that the guy who judges your FNM doesn't see this, he might start giving you a hard time
"Are you sure it's standard practice to do random deck checks at FNM's, and if it's really random why has my deck been checked 3 times so far while no-one else's has been."

But yeah I have a deck of a similar cost (mono black control) and your right it is really fun to take down $15+ rares with a bunch of commons and uncommons none of which I think I spent over 3 dollars on (the most expensive card in my deck is actually an uncommon)

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
Asturiel said:
And I'm currently playing in standard W/G allies, mono green infect turn three kill, red deck cries to kor firewalker, and in non standard slivers. Ooooooh my friends hate me for that deck.
Your friends are sliver haters too?

I mean, all I did was give them +5/+5, deal 3 damage to itself to deal 2 damage to target creature/player, and get a +1/+1 token every time they take damage! Seriously, you think I had played Progenitus or something!

Asturiel

the God of Pants
Nov 24, 2009
Double A said:

I mean, all I did was give them +5/+5, deal 3 damage to itself to deal 2 damage to target creature/player, and get a +1/+1 token every time they take damage! Seriously, you think I had played Progenitus or something!
Any sane person is a sliver or elf hater if they aren't the person running it :p

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
Asturiel said:
Double A said:

Any sane person is a sliver or elf hater if they aren't the person running it :p
Unless they're against a sliver deck while playing a sliver deck... while owning Sliver Overlord.

(Do you want to compare [del]evil bastard[/del] sliver deck notes?)

Lady Kathleen

Space Cowboy
Oct 8, 2009
There is really an angry kitties deck. It's not totally type 2 legal, but it's fun. Basically, it's structured around having lots of cats, really fast - a standard hit 'em quick and hit 'em hard type deck. Lots of flying cats too, and a hearty dose of red instants to keep things moving quickly. It's not the greatest, but I don't intend to play it competitively. I have a green black infect deck I'm honing to a fine, infectious point for that.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
Lady Kathleen said:
There is really an angry kitties deck. It's not totally type 2 legal, but it's fun. Basically, it's structured around having lots of cats, really fast - a standard hit 'em quick and hit 'em hard type deck. Lots of flying cats too, and a hearty dose of red instants to keep things moving quickly. It's not the greatest, but I don't intend to play it competitively. I have a green black infect deck I'm honing to a fine, infectious point for that.
Skyhunter Skirmisher [http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=129513]?

Indignation837

Apr 11, 2010
HAHAHAHA! That was absolutely brilliant! As someone who's not into Magic but surrounded by people in college who are, the plot was hysterical. Throw in the kitty deck and the veiled ICP reference, and that was one awesome LRR.

griffinith

Nov 12, 2008
If someone has built a sneak attack deck properly and gets to go first, the opposing player is taking at least 7 damage on turn one, and losing their hand. It's very very tough to come back when you're top decking the whole game.

Oh, and Kathleen, if you want to make an infect deck to take on the masses (extended deck), look into the three cards: Snake Cult Initiation, Virulent Sliver, and Hivestone. Add more poison to all your critters and make them suffer. (These all will work in your deck as long as it's Green/Black.)

DetectiveSparky

Size doesn't matter
Jul 16, 2009
Lady Kathleen said:
I have a green black infect deck I'm honing to a fine, infectious point for that.
I hope you are fielding a couple Hand of the Praetors? To help boost your infectors, I have a Black/Red infect/artifact deck. Has a wonderful Contagion Engine to double proliferate poison, and my baby: Skithryx, the Blight Dragon

Asnone

Powerful.
Mar 25, 2009
Because the Hustle characters all have certain tropes, Kathleen loves cats and hates bears, Paul can make or "upgrade" anything, does that mean Alex will now be "the magic one"?

Macar

Jun 16, 2009
This one really made me laugh out loud. not just saying that.

The magnets joke, I'm sure that should be over played by now, but it was awesome!

Monsterfurby

Mar 7, 2008
Great episode, takes me back to the time when I was playing magic. Moved on to much nerdier, far more expensive hobbies - like LARP. European LARP, not the cheap US-variant...

Also: Magnets, how do they work? *rimshot*

Magnax

Nov 19, 2009
Huh, I totally missed Kathleen in the back of the shop the first time I watched this.