LoadingReadyRun: No Laughing Matter

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
No Laughing Matter

Graham loves Christmas, there's just a little too much of it sometimes.

Watch Video

LysanderNemoinis

Noble and oppressed Kekistani
Nov 8, 2010
There can never be too much Christmas in my opinion. Christmas is the only time of the year my default mood isn't bitter, cynical asshole who hates everyone. Starting December 1st, it is the Christmas Season to me! And just in case you may think I'm too crazy for Christmas, I also celebrate Festivus. And if you know what that is, you get a cookie.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Bah humbug.

I don't like Christmas. It's a confrontational time with my family, and there is a concerning amount of drinking involved. The 25th is a day of labour merited only when it is finally over.

Christmas holidays are good though. Lots of time in which to catch up on backlogs, study, do additional work, stuff like that.

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
Ghosts? In December?
This can only mean one thing...
Merry Ghostmas!
*Nails a can of spraypaint to the wall*

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
'Tis the season for (more) Steam sales...

Also for slaughtering trees and mounting them in our homes as trophies while ritually ingesting a viscous substance known as commercial egg nog...

8BitArchitect

Sep 24, 2014
I am disappointed LRR, that should have been a full on 30+ minute Christmas special.

Actually, why don't you guys do "A Christmas Carol?" I think Andy would make a great "Ghost of Christmas Past" (or present [or future {or any role really...}])

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
I love how much Commodore Hustle inside jokes there are now. The laugh track, last year's christmas, and Paul inventing things. Though I miss the old days when the show had an actual arc.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Graham is me. All years.

At least Americans have Thanksgiving hype to cut into Christmas hype, presumably.

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
NinjaDeathSlap said:
Graham is me. All years.

At least Americans have Thanksgiving hype to cut into Christmas hype, presumably.
Thanksgiving is just a precursor to Black Friday, which is really just early Christmas shopping. Honestly, the U.S. has a problem with Christmas. It might as well start after July 4th.

Jan 12, 2012
"Only two Mondays until Christmas."

*Thunderous does frantic finger counting*

Crap, he's right! I should probably pick up those last few presents. And the first few. And decide who I'm giving presents to and what I'm giving them.
Scars Unseen said:
'Tis the season for (more) Steam sales...

Also for slaughtering trees and mounting them in our homes as trophies while ritually ingesting a viscous substance known as commercial egg nog...
I don't know if you meant "vicious", or if eggnog is really thick where you come from.

fangclaw

Mar 3, 2010
if this is how you really feel graham, then i'm with you 100%.

If not, then I still feel this way but more lonely.

K.ur

Jul 31, 2013
Good sketch, though i thought the pointe would be that by Dec. 24/25 Graham would be the only one who really enjoys the actual celebration, while everyone else is feed up or just happy that it's over.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
I'm surprised Paul hasn't looked into the magical properties of Beej's phone. Surround sound even when in Beej' pocket and the ability to make people sing in rhyme without realising it, if he were to harness this, he could create those giant dance numbers you see in the movies!

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
This one was all over the place. There was humor. There was singing. There were side-panning parking lot cuts. It was like listening to a Meatloaf song. That's not a bad thing--I like Meatloaf. I like the back and forth banter (Beej text tone was good). But there was really no point to this one.

Graham, I feel you were the script backbone. Solid acting as well--just the right amount of aggravation.

Kathleen! Tighten it up. I sense you added some meanderish seasoning to this one. You can't stray too far from main story arc to get the jokes you want. It isn't healthy. It makes cats cry.

Seriously, folks. How hard could it be to write and film a humorous short skit or four every week? Have a Merry Christmas! Too soon? Yeah. Too soon.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
"Should've planned ahead; MY blanket's electric!". That is the sickest ghost burn EVER!!! Brilliant!

Good that the song/rhyme didn't overspend it's welcome. The ending was a bit... less funny than the rest, but still a solid sketch! :)

aeric90

Mar 31, 2010
I've been enjoying coming up with knock-off xmas carols with friends such as "Allow Frozen Precipitate" and "Rodney the Rhinophymatic Cariboo"