LoadingReadyRun: Olympic Beard Growing

Ottoman

Nov 18, 2009
It's more likely that they grew out the beards over a few months, then recorded it all at once, backwards, shaving a bit between each shot. That way, the set, costumes, etc. would all be consistent, and the whole process would just be easier.

Just sayin'.

EDIT: Oh, wait. That was amazing! Well done guys, major lulz were had.

I didn't see the twist, because I thought that particular joke was that Matt can't grow facial hair. Hah, it's funny because it's true. . .

LeeshaJoy

Jun 22, 2009
Where, I ask you, is the coverage of the women's beard-growing competition? This is blatant discrimination, sir!

Apr 28, 2008
That was great. Finally the beard growers get some coverage. To long have they been overlooked.

LeeshaJoy said:
Where, I ask you, is the coverage of the women's beard-growing competition? This is blatant discrimination, sir!
Indeed it is!

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
I knew it. I simply KNEW the toilet paper was going to become a recurring joke. I FRIKING CALLED IT!

Kyber

Oct 14, 2009
Hans Egan is not a finnish name, you could have put like Tero, Joni or Jaakko, BTW, if this was a real sport, we would so win or become 2, Russia would win probably :p

goncalobms

Nov 15, 2008
Rigs83 said:
Funny but it's too much like an old Trojan Condoms; commercial.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rodAVXgh1g0[/youtube]
Hahaha well spotted!

The twist was too be expected but still very hilarious! Great work guys (as usual)

BloodyThoughts

EPIC PIRATE DANCE PARTY!
Jan 4, 2010
WHAT! This is an event in the Olympics! Oh come on I have a full grown beard and mustache combo I could've beaten these to. I was cheated!

Anyway awesome once again. CANADA YOU RUINED ME AGAIN WITH SLOW BEARD GROWING TECHNIQUES! Now I gotta pay $2000

Trombone_Hero

Apr 16, 2009
If only American beard-grower Alan Winebringer wasn't taken out in the second round. He wouldn't have been cheating like the columbians, I can tell you that!

Oh yeah, and good video. Had me laughing from start to finish.

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
As a good few people have commented, I gotta say, Paul's totally rocking the full beard harder than he used to rock his Goatee.

He should really consider keeping it.

Also I thought it was a bit weird that every-so-often in the bonus videos I could'a sworn I see Paul working on a beard, I thought it was just a trend the LRR guys were all getting in on, seeing as once Graham had his in place again everyone else started sprouting them...

'Cept Matt, who totally could have a beard any time he wants, but would obviously rather let us think that he's pretty much incapable of facial hair. :p

Kudos to how much effort time must have gone into this.
(I'd say effort, but really, how hard is it not to shave?)

Klepa

Apr 17, 2009
Hah, I liked that. I was curious whether or not you were going with a rally driver accent with Hans Egan.

Also.. Hans Egan? What kinda name is that?

Numbert

May 15, 2008
I bet they filmed it in reverse. There was an old Rooster Teeth Short where they did that, and just filmed the end first. Then they would just have to shave a little bit, and go back in the story. Great video as always guys.

T-Dogg

Nov 17, 2009
And Finland takes it in the final stretch, YES! Suck it, other countries!

Although the name "Hans Egan" isn't really Finnish... You could bump into a Hans or two, most likely along the coast (given our Swedish speaking minority, families originating from Sweden and such), but "Egan" doesn't really work at all...

Of course somebody from such a (relatively) obscure country is a fan and sees this, then proceeds to point out your mistakes. :p

Funny vid though, keep it up LRR.

PS: Is Paul gonna rock the beard again? If so, I see some Warriors of Darkness in the near future...

MattAn24

Pulse l'Cie
Jul 16, 2009
LeeshaJoy said:
I smell a sequel~! Kathleen, Tally &... Matt again? That would totally work!

This was a perfect end to my Monday, well done LRR! I didn't expect it'd be beards, but man the intense faces of the "competitors" was classic. If I had to name a favourite moment, it'd be the chat with Paul's character. So much "the legendary beard has been long neglected for all these years, finally we have our vengeance!"

Also, that Finnish guy speaks fluent Canadian! Disqualified! =O

And now.. Sleepy tiemz!