LoadingReadyRun: Olympic Beard Growing

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
i knew who the winner was when i heard 'eagan doesnt even look like hes in this competition' but still a great vid ,made me laugh.

dubious_wolf

Obfuscated Information
Jun 4, 2009
PAUL BETTER KEEP THE FACIAL HAIR DAMMIT!!!
I couldn't stop laughing when "Hans" won gold, gotta love the underdog! Great stuff as usual!

Feylynn

Feb 16, 2010
Epic movie. I love you LRR.
Shame about season 1 as after chilling in the chat for the last 2 days of Desert Bus I had to sit through and watch every single video on the site. D=

I am thoroughly amused by the sheer percent of responses that are hoping for the return of Paul's beard. Can't say I disagree though. =p

Ottoman

Nov 18, 2009
Feylynn said:
I am thoroughly amused by the sheer percent of responses that are hoping for the return of Paul's beard.
You don't understand. For those of us who became fans in the Beard Epoch, it's serious business. Paul's beard, at full size, is more powerful than anyone can imagine. And it defined him for years, even before LRR. The return to beardage is like. . . like waking up from a bad dream for us.

Damn those Bussers and their generosity. . .

redstranger

Jul 16, 2009
ottoman i completely agree with you there. a return to beard is a return to form
i am very much APPOINT at this video :)

sln333

Jun 22, 2009
That was completely outrageous and funny every second. I imagine the women's beard growing competition was even more of a sight to watch.

Feylynn

Feb 16, 2010
Ottoman said:
You don't understand. For those of us who became fans in the Beard Epoch, it's serious business. Paul's beard, at full size, is more powerful than anyone can imagine. And it defined him for years, even before LRR. The return to beardage is like. . . like waking up from a bad dream for us.

Damn those Bussers and their generosity. . .
I started from page 1 and watched all of it, much of it multiple times trying to convert friends and family, so I have a 'vague' appreciation for the sheer might of the goatee. >D
Incidentally, "The Shavening" is the video that hooked my brother. =p

I was more specifically amused at how reference to beard and Paul simultaneously has almost completely overshadowed rest of the video. At least as far as comments are concerned.

Wainamoinen

Jan 16, 2010
*Clearing throat*
Ahem... A mighty fine video, I might say. Just a couple of things struck me as odd.

1. Hans Egan? Seriously guys? :D That's like the most anti-Finnish name ever. I understand of course that Finland is such a small country it would be very hard (and even unnoticable for 99,9% of viewers) to come up with a real finnish name, but that Hans-name cracked me up for the wrong reason. Gave me a mental image of a german sociopath.

2. A finnish beard grower would NEVER EVER talk to swedish competitors. Finland and Sweden are long competitors and have been the nemesis' of eachother as long as anyone can remember. The relation is somewhat similar to the relationship Canada and USA have, both mocking eachother but deep down thinking they're both okay.

And don't take this critisism too seriously, of course no-one would be angry because of things like that. Just tought that the LRR-crew might be a bit intrested in some trivia.

And holy shit Matt's beard was awesome. I laughed twice as hard because of the winning finn and for that, I salute you, LRR.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Great sketch as always.But I have to say that Hans Egan is more of a Swedish or Norwegian name rather then a Finnish one.Possibly Danish,but we would have to argue about that.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
i was laughing soo hard at the title and did not see that growth coming from Matt
can he even grow facial hair?

also YAY CANADA FOR GETTING A GOLD ON HOME SOIL!

DeviousJ

Nov 9, 2009
That was probably the best and totally not fake beard ever grown!
And the twist shocking as your tounge in a power socket.