LoadingReadyRun: Reduce Your Footprint

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
That was pretty good. Nice job guys.

But I'd like to make the point once and for all: HEMP AND MARIJUANA, WHILE MADE FROM THE SAME PLANT, ARE NOT THE SAME THING! AND YOU CANNOT GET HIGH FROM HEMP! Just letting everyone know.

thatlaurachick

Aug 12, 2009
Hileict said:
A+++ WOULD WATCH VIDEO AGAIN
Hey, you stole my rating from the LRRoums! :)

I was expecting some way to creatively disappear, say getting face punched into another dimension. Awesome satire.

ZehGeek

[-Militaires Sans Frontieres-]
Aug 12, 2009
Oh my that was just awsome. The ending was JUST BEAUTIFUL, and Mat's character. Nice job guys.

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Mr.Mattress said:
But I'd like to make the point once and for all: HEMP AND MARIJUANA, WHILE MADE FROM THE SAME PLANT, ARE NOT THE SAME THING! AND YOU CANNOT GET HIGH FROM HEMP! Just letting everyone know.
True!
To be clear, we know that, the characters don't.
They clearly have other issues as well though.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
how about some more PhailHaus...or bring back Whatever!

but yeah oh my gosh hahaha another video about saving the environment :p totally what's in these days

Jer_LRR

ENN Reporter & Photoshop Wizard
Sep 30, 2009
To clarify even further: lots of things are made from hemp, including both Canadian and American currency (at least for now, as Canada is switching to polymer currency fairly shortly). The hemp plants used to produce the fiber for clothes, money, paper, etc. have been bred to have 1/1000th the THC content of "normal" cannabis. It's not about "using different parts of the plant", it's about using plants that are clearly not drugs. Our governments are not growing drugs to make money, as hilarious as that would be--as Graham says, the characters in this sketch are just morons.

Matt_LRR

Unequivocal Fan Favorite
Nov 30, 2009
Jer_LRR said:
To clarify even further: lots of things are made from hemp, including both Canadian and American currency (at least for now, as Canada is switching to polymer currency fairly shortly). The hemp plants used to produce the fiber for clothes, money, paper, etc. have been bred to have 1/1000th the THC content of "normal" cannabis. It's not about "using different parts of the plant", it's about using plants that are clearly not drugs. Our governments are not growing drugs to make money, as hilarious as that would be--as Graham says, the characters in this sketch are just morons.
>.>

Actually, Jer, a quick Google search tells me that US paper money is actually made from cotton fibre.

-m

Aenir

Mar 26, 2009
Wow, that was hilarious. I think that may be my new favorite episode, at least from the ones on the Escapist. Everything was all-around awesome.

Silva

Apr 13, 2009
Ah, the eternal ribbing of hippies continues.

I liked this video, I really did, but I can't help but feel a bit offended about how hippies are being treated here - metaphorically - as the "other".

Labelling in general doesn't help anything, and neither does the tribalism that surely follows it. The flower power movement was against all this, and only got stigmatised for that itself. A true shame.

lonercs

Jun 6, 2008
Why not carbon credited to off set the CO2 emission from one of there "secrets"?

I am Jack's profile

Aug 13, 2009
That was so awsome...

** goes and watches again ***

Still awsome

If you guys continue making episodes on par with that... You'll be my new favorite show on the escapist

The Heik

King of the Nael
Oct 12, 2008
GrahamS said:
Reduce Your Footprint

Sometimes being green just isn't enough.

Watch Video
I gotta say, what's with all the eco-friendly themes the show has been putting out? Has someone been reading David Suzuki books again?

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
daheikmeister said:
GrahamS said:
Reduce Your Footprint

Sometimes being green just isn't enough.

Watch Video
I gotta say, what's with all the eco-friendly themes the show has been putting out? Has someone been reading David Suzuki books again?
I was waiting for this question :)
This really wasn't planned. In fact, we spaced the videos out as far as we could to avoid the issue, despite them coming up for shooting very near to one another. Regardless, no, it's not something we're trying to "say".

I can see how parts of Green can seem preachy (not intentional) but this one is pure stupid, I assure you.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Haha I totally thought "I wonder if they're gonna make a joke about some random country; Greenland would be a perfect opportunity!"

LRR is psychic! *runs and hides*