LoadingReadyRun: Scout's Dishonor

XSin

Jul 21, 2009
Would all of these incidents happen to be references to the Noodle Incident?

alpha0924 said:
Mydnyght said:
Now I'm curious -- what the hell was this "Lunch Tray Incident"?
That's the one you choose to be curious about? Not "The accident with the squirrel" that somehow got him banned from using string?
Well lunch tray that involves Potatoes could be anything but Squirrel with string seems pretty straightforward. . . "flossing" *shudder*

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
my mum says I am not allowed to watch videos on the Internet after I found videos of her and her new boyfriend dancing naked, Oh here she comes! *closes down browser with alt+F4*

Valanthe

Sep 24, 2009
doggy go 7 said:
I dispute this episode; these aren't boy scouts at all! They quite clearly ARE NOT 11, and they don't hate gay people enough. My immersion is dribbling out of my ears.

[small] Hopefully people realise this is a joke [/small]
See, this is going to make a conversation go places I may not want it to, but as a long time Boy Scout/Former Leader myself (Which by the way, made this sketch hit home in all the best ways.) I have to ask, where do Boyscouts hate gays? Is this like a States thing that I'm not aware of, because we have quite a few openly gay scouts in Canada and from my own talks with them, they've felt nothing but welcomed, (In fact, if I recall one by even said "It's good to -actually- feel welcome").

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Quit talking about this hypothetical potato incident, there's still a gag order in place.

doggy go 7

Jul 28, 2010
Valanthe said:
doggy go 7 said:
I dispute this episode; these aren't boy scouts at all! They quite clearly ARE NOT 11, and they don't hate gay people enough. My immersion is dribbling out of my ears.

[small] Hopefully people realise this is a joke [/small]
See, this is going to make a conversation go places I may not want it to, but as a long time Boy Scout/Former Leader myself (Which by the way, made this sketch hit home in all the best ways.) I have to ask, where do Boyscouts hate gays? Is this like a States thing that I'm not aware of, because we have quite a few openly gay scouts in Canada and from my own talks with them, they've felt nothing but welcomed, (In fact, if I recall one by even said "It's good to -actually- feel welcome").
Yes, it's very much a states thing; The boy scouts of America have had numerous votes that all reject allowing gays in (see this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-18879828 )and as an englishman, I'm enjoying my favourite occupation of taking the piss out of America.

MattAn24

Pulse l'Cie
Jul 16, 2009
Did.. Anyone else notice the boom above Graham or was that just me? Were one of the 11-year-olds holding it? ;) That said, that was.. Some pretty convincing 11-year-old acting. o.o

Ah, a Kathleen video.. So good to see those! The badges are neat too, I assume Tally creations? :D

Also, I think I should be glad the Air Force Cadets in Australia never had "badges" like the Scouts. That said, James with the knife? Totally the kind of people I've known who were in the AAFC. The smartphone thing was less of a thing, except for senior cadets (which I eventually was), they often had the "luxury" of phone use, though it.. Ceases to be helpful when you're directly in the middle of bushland. XD

Gilhelmi

The One Who Protects
Oct 22, 2009
Don Reba said:
aeric90 said:
I just noticed something rather disturbing... Matt's character has a fire badge on his sash. They let that kid touch fire!?
He seems the type to have much experience making fires.
In my scout troop we had an "incident".

The scout was alone in camp and board (no excuse, everyone else was off having fun at the variety of different activities) so he took an empty tin can and camp stove fuel and put them in the fire. The fuel in the can started too boil and POOF a 20 foot high fire ball that was seen above the tree line. As a punishment he was not allowed too be in camp unsupervised and had too write a 500 word essay on the dangers of fire.

Noswad said:
As an ex-scout I can guarantee that not only was this hilarious but also 100% true. No seriously, psychopath with knife, check, kid who's not trusted with anything, check, kid who questions everything and you can't be sure whether is being sarcastic, check (wait i think that may have been me) and cartography being rendered pointless by technology, seen it all.

Oh and peeling potatoes that happened.
Ya, I was the "sarcastic" one as well. But after a while they were horrified too learn that I was not being sarcastic, those were serious questions.
Graham_LRR said:
Sporky111 said:
Wow, nice forced-perspective on the shots. You put a lot of thought into the cinematography. The writing was awesome, too. Great job, guys.
Thanks!

The other trick was getting much longer shorts for the scouts. Their shorts all covered the knee, making them look shorter, while my shorts were niiiiiice and high 0_0
I also thought the forced-perspective was nice.

I am hopeful you will do more "scouting" shows in the future. Sooo much material too work with. Or a Calvin and Hobbs parody, either way a win for society.

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
Stellar writing from Kathleen and Matt killed it... amazingly cherubic without glasses. The annoying hyper active kid was priceless!

PayneTrayne

Filled with ReLRRgious fervor.
Dec 17, 2009
Trisha Lynn said:
PayneTrayne said:
My father hates LRR, whenever I listen to podcasts he gets pissy. When I watch Desert Bus he yells at me to turn it off.

I put on this video and he laughed. I think that means you guys win.
Wait, I don't understand this. Why doesn't he like LRR or get pissy when you listen to the podcasts? Do you have headphones?

I can understand if he doesn't get the humor most of the time, but if it's a noise problem, if you watch with headphones on, he can't argue that you're being noisy.
If I have headphones on, I can't hear him when he tries to talk about random things and he gets annoyed that I don't listen. It's a vicious cycle really. :p

Zoz

Aug 12, 2009
If it had been raining, then this would have been my scout troop.

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
God Matts character was priceless, I praise Kathleen in all shapes and forms for this one.
"I have a knife"
"...Thank you Durkens"

Overusedname

Emcee: the videogame video guy
Jun 26, 2012
When I saw that title, I thought it would be about the TF2 scout, the recent issues with the Boy Scouts barring gay people from joining, or a strange combination of both.

chetoos

Jul 13, 2009
I'm not sure if anyone else in this thread commented on how Graham's character pulled out his iPhone at the end to check the time, but that was an excellent punchline.

Kiba Bloodfang

Jan 24, 2010
Hah. Whew. I thought it was gonna be a 'creepy pedophile scout' sketch. This was much more wholesome~

Don't know why I expected that from LoadingReadyRun, though. It wouldn't be like them to do something like that. Guess I just haven't seen them in a while.

pigmy wurm

Nov 18, 2009
As a boy scout their are actually two good reasons to not have a cell phone other than it's dead battery. The first is lots of places in north america still don't have good cell phone reception, this is particularly the case if you have an iphone with AT&T. In fact, the next town over from me has almost non-existant cell reception because the property values are so high they didn't want to ruin it by building any cell towers.

Secondly: cell phones don't like water. Fall in a lake or pond, or get caught in a rain storm and you might have a very unhappy cell phone.

Oh and no matter what people say to you the #1 reason everyone joins boyscouts is to play with knives and fire, every time.