yankee
zulu

From memory
Damn! Ninja'd!

Oh well, if anyone's curious, here's the international list on a graph:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_alphabet

neuromantic

May 4, 2009
I thought it was clever but the animation just wasn't doing it for me. Not having the mouths move was confusing and it seemed a little half-assed.

If you're going to do animation, go all the way with it and do it properly. Facial expressions and body language is a big part of comedy, and it really let you down in this one.

You did the best with what you could though. :)

neuromantic

May 4, 2009
Jimtopia said:
I had a feeling it was only a matter of time before you guys would try to do an animated sketch, and to be honest, considering this was your first animated LRR skit you've ever done (at least to my knowledge), it's not that bad. I think the problem here isn't the script, art or voice acting, it was the animation itself. Now, I understand that you guys have time constraints and several videos to produce each week, so I wouldn't expect a frame-by-frame animation masterpiece. However, since people expect a certain level of quality from you guys, seeing an animated skit that has about as much movement as an episode of Zero Punctuation is a little bit disappointing.

I think that a lot of what makes LRR so great is both your reactions, and your great comedic timing, and neither seemed to be present in this. Also, since something like Game Dogs or Doraleous is considered just above par when it comes to animation on The Escapist, something like this isn't going to do too well. I think it would have made more sense to just hire an actual animator to animate this, that way you would have gotten some great movement and timing along with the fun dialog and art you guys contributed to this.

Maybe I'm over-thinking/overreacting a little, but when certain things about the animation in Doraleous make me cringe, I feel the need to voice my opinion on something like this. I don't think you guys should give up on animation or animated skits entirely, I think it could definitely work, in fact, I'd love to see some LRRtoons, but what you did here was really missing the mark when it came to Loading Ready Run quality.

Animation can be a great medium to deliver comedy in, if you take the time and put a lot of effort into it, and I just didn't see that here, hopefully your next animated adventure (if there is one) is a little better.

Just my two cents.
This was very well worded and I'd just like to say I agree with every point.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
matt87_50 said:
Pallindromemordnillap said:
zombie711 said:
its zee not zed.
In Queen's English, spoken by us Brits, Australians and Canadians (ie most of the Commonwealth I believe), the letter Z is pronounced 'zed'. It's only you Americans who say 'zee' because you've bastardised the English tongue
Oh PLEASE! don't act so high and mighty! not even the Americans could screw it up much more than it already was! maybe if the brits hadn't made a habit of getting INVADED by everyone all the time it would have been redeemable!
haha thank you...their attitude was starting to get kinda annoying

in a video teasing the English language as a whole no less