LoadingReadyRun: The 720th Degree

RipRoaringWaterfowl

Jun 20, 2011
Great video! What I'm wondering, though, is why Kathleen said the original Xbox came out in 2005 when it came out in 2001, with the 360 being the one thast came out in 2005, and yet it's the Xbox 720 they're trying to make with the original Xbox being the only one out... or is it all part of the joke?

My head hurts from thoughts and laughter.

ewhac

Digital Spellweaver
Legacy
Escapist +
Sep 2, 2009
San Francisco Peninsula
Country
USA
BTW, my RAZR V3t was still working perfectly on the day I replaced it with a Galaxy Nexus at Christmastime last year. Never even needed to replace the battery.

Now I need to trick T-Mobile into charging reasonable rates for data plans...

masticina

Jan 19, 2011
Good Point indeed..

A 720.. or a PS4.. what really will it offer? Good question :!

masticina

Jan 19, 2011
Realitycrash said:
..Sorry, but what the hell is a "Zune"? All I know is that it's..Some microsoft..thingy.
That was its big problem it was a .. "hip" thing made by Microsoft. Microsoft is as hip as seeing your local card club rapping about the price of coffee...

But yeah .. what the hell must be done to make a next-gen console. More processing power.. yeah obviously but that alone won't work. Better graphics card.. DUH. More Memory? Yeah.. obvious..

But that only makes an Xbox 360 -version 2 ... or a PS3 version 2 .. it doesn't feels like omg this is so powerful. It will feel like "Yeah its faster.. yeah it has more memory yeah.. yeah.. "

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
I'm honestly terrefied of a new line of consoles. If they make a new xbox it HAS to be backwords compatible and play ALL 360 games or....yea i just dont wanna go there. D: Why do i KNOW they won't do that right?

cymonsgames

Dec 17, 2010
I'm glad they restated the "Free-60" punchline, 'cause I kinda missed it the first time and thought he said "360". Thought he made a mistake there.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
When they removed cover I laughed for 2min straight
Excellent vid.
Also, if it is called Free60, will it be free?

Vanbael

Arctic fox and BACON lover
Jun 13, 2009
I laughed so hard when the cover was removed. And that little extra stinger with PR leaking then denying then confirming the denying everything again only added to it.

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
I would had laughed harder if it was a duct-taped pile of outdated iPods with their apple logo covered in orange tape, but the Zune debacle was poignant.

Considering all I've used my 360 for in the last 2 years is Netflix I don't see my self buying the next console. Netflix is really the only thing that the 360 does better than my PC and that is only because Win7's audio settings are a pain in the ass when using Digital Optical audio.

castlewise

Lord Fancypants
Jul 18, 2010
those legs....

On topic: I thought the illuminated code was hilarious, but I don't really understand the actual reason for the 720 being behind schedule.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Graham_LRR said:
DRTJR said:
this is never going to be dated, nope not at all.
Well it wouldn't be our first gaming video to get dated :)
It's an acceptable risk is doing vaguely topical humor.
I don't think you have to be too worried about the jokes. Yes, the ones about the new X-box will age as soon as the new one comes out (hopefully), but unless the Zune becomes insanely popular in the near future I think this one will be fine. Unless everyone forgets what a Zune is, but that's why we have google.....and bing.

SteewpidZombie

Dec 31, 2010
Psssh, it's not that hard to design a new generation of consoles! You just need to change the console appearance and color scheme, and then slap a new graphics card and processor in the sucker, then BAM! Instant $400 product available for launch!

(Sarcasm...or is it?)

Akisa

Jan 7, 2010
Graham_LRR said:
The 720th Degree

Game design is a process, and the process can be slow.

Watch Video
I take it this is why this console generation lasted so long. ;p