LoadingReadyRun: The 720th Degree

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
castlewise said:
I don't really understand the actual reason for the 720 being behind schedule.
Its an old marketing trick;

1: Announce new product
2: Deny new product
3: Delay new product due to "production problems".
3: Sell new product for 25% more than the original intended price.
4: After 6 months, reduce price by 12.5%
5: After another 6 months, reduce the price by 12.5%

Artemis923

Dec 25, 2008
I've had my Zune HD for around 2 years now, and I've never had any problems.

I had one of the brick Zunes before that.

Before that, I went through multiple iPods of various designs, I got ripped off by iTunes, and I spent a lot more mesos.

Zune FTW.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I was hoping you were actually going to show the Zune shredding room... No room in the budget? I'm pretty sure you can just find discarded Zunes just lying about in the back alleys of major cities these days.

Blackout62

Dec 24, 2008
And as the credits note you inevitably had to corral Asians. Well this will make for an interesting Loading Time.

Taunta

Dec 17, 2010
MowDownJoe said:
Oh, c'mon! The Zune wasn't that bad!

...Now, the Kin... that should've been pissed on.
The what now?

Haha, I jest. (Sorta. The Zune may have been average, but at least it was memorable.)

masticina

Jan 19, 2011
bahumat42 said:
masticina said:
Realitycrash said:
..Sorry, but what the hell is a "Zune"? All I know is that it's..Some microsoft..thingy.
That was its big problem it was a .. "hip" thing made by Microsoft. Microsoft is as hip as seeing your local card club rapping about the price of coffee...

But yeah .. what the hell must be done to make a next-gen console. More processing power.. yeah obviously but that alone won't work. Better graphics card.. DUH. More Memory? Yeah.. obvious..

But that only makes an Xbox 360 -version 2 ... or a PS3 version 2 .. it doesn't feels like omg this is so powerful. It will feel like "Yeah its faster.. yeah it has more memory yeah.. yeah.. "
But the thing is it hasn't been small leaps, there are multiple generations of each of those peices of hardware, not to mention that tiny things like say upping the ram (pathetic on consoles) wouldn't even cost a lot.

A standardised dx 11 machine would probably run better than mist of pc's because the devs would be coding for the exact set up.
True consoles that really can offer 1080p instead of the "720p" or "upscaled to 1080p" as we have nowadays. More powerful hardware would of course require time to think about the thermal design. Why?

Well the original Xbox is a big no HUGE console.. a pc in a console housing but overheating? no!

The Xbox 360 well.. enough said about the years of the ring of death.

So if there is a follow up on the Xbox 360 they better design it well to begin with.

Still is there enough market right now.. I mean money is thight.. sure games are still being sold but if you are not one of the big AAA titles it gets harder. So what will the future hold?

Moffman

May 21, 2009
Haven't watched LRR in months... I came back and very happy I did, very funny episode!

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
One would think that after the first warehouse filled up, that Microsoft would stop making them. Maybe even after the second. But they never stopped, for some reason. They just really wanted to fill up those warehouses.