LoadingReadyRun: The Amendment

UNHchabo

Dec 24, 2008
For those who are curious (because I love Constitutional law), I now present for you the facts behind the only significant court case to be directly relevant to the Third Amendment: Engblom v. Carey.

In 1979, prison officials in New York organized a strike; they were evicted from their prison facility residences, which were reassigned to members of the National Guard who had temporarily taken their place as prison guards. The United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit ruled: (1) that the term "owner" in the Third Amendment includes tenants (paralleling similar cases regarding the Fourth Amendment, governing search and seizure), (2) National Guard troops count as soldiers for the purposes of the Third Amendment, and (3) that the Third Amendment is incorporated (that is, that it applies to the states) by virtue of the Fourteenth Amendment.

Unesh52

May 27, 2010
dex-dex said:
glad to see that Brad is back!
Oh that's who that is. Lol, I thought Grant had just shaved his beard for a second and I was like ಠ_ಠ

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
Graham, Paul... You guys are weeeeeird... :p

Keep that shit up! Great work from Brad! Being a medieval history enthusiast, I chortled most heartily at the mistake over 'quartering'.

Also worth looking up is 'coyne and livery' wherein soldiers are allowed nick whatever the hell they want from townspeople in order to sustain them.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
That was one shaky lectern.

I'm pointing this out because I couldn't stop staring at it. Y'know, in case it fell over or something.

scw55

Nov 18, 2009
How many Americans are aware that the Amendments were invented during a time of Colonisation? How many Americans are aware that they're no longer living in fragile colonies in the new world? Lol I said Colon.

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
scw55 said:
How many Americans are aware that the Amendments were invented during a time of Colonisation? How many Americans are aware that they're no longer living in fragile colonies in the new world? Lol I said Colon.
Unless I'm mistaken, the Constitution wasn't written until after the Articles of Confederation failed, so we were already a country at that point, albeit a failed one.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
sheic99 said:
scw55 said:
Unless I'm mistaken, the Constitution wasn't written until after the Articles of Confederation failed, so we were already a country at that point, albeit a failed one.
It's kind of weird, because before the Constitution was actually ratified, the bill of rights also had to be ratified.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Oh hai Brad!

That brings up an interesting point--are homonyms protected? When we get to that point, is each American protected, under the highest authority in our country, to genetically splice bear arms onto our shoulders?

Revolutionary

Pub Club Am Broken
May 30, 2009
As a law student I have to point out that a politician cant "Draft legislation", especially not that quickly.:p great episode guys.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
The Grim Ace said:
Brad's right, this must be stated explicitly, I'm tired of cleaning up after those terrorists and their crazy quarterings.
Meh, do it the easy way, get some blackish-red carpet and use tonnes of Fabreeze.

Gets a little uncomfortable walking on the sticky ground though...

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Hmm, I didn't really enjoy that episode to be frank.

Paul didn't say anything for one thing, Graham wasn't even there and the same thing got repeated too many times, just made it a bit boring for me, oh well, it was free so I don't care.

See you next week guys.

SlickBoy

Dec 13, 2007
Am i the only one who didnt find this funny at all? is it mostly american who are finding comedy out of this? not critising the maker because your clearly liked by many. maybe i just dont get the american kind of humour.

SensibleCrout

Feb 23, 2010
Hey, fellow foreign escapists, hands up if your language has two different words for giving soldiers lodging and the medieval execution method.
Here! (de: vierteilen/einquartieren)

Skunktrain

Nov 19, 2009
It was a reference to the 2008 US presidential campaign. Obama claimed he had been to 57 states and had one left.

PayneTrayne

Filled with ReLRRgious fervor.
Dec 17, 2009
A majority of the video didn't really make me laugh. Although the newspaper names, voiceover at the end and stinger had me wracked with chortles.

Also, welcome back Brad, even though you've been back in city for a while presumably.

One thing bugged me though, do you guys have only one pair of aviators? Or was Jer hiding behind Alex's head unintentional.